Gourami

Author Topic: gourami  (Read 3919 times) 9 replies

Offline chris213

• Rocking Fishy Member
  • were going to need a bigger tank
gourami
« on: June 03, 2014, 09:01:33 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
just quick question i currently have 4 snakeskin gourmai in my tank and would like to do add two kissing gourmai and 3 pearl gourmai to them over time is this ok or would it cause troubles for some reason ?

Offline dbaggie

• Rocking Fishy Member
  • Fishkeeping - trickier than it looks...
Re: gourami
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 10:39:52 PM »
Hmm, Seriously Fish says of the Snakeskin Gourami; "It is cultured commercially for food in it’s native countries, and is used to make a particularly tasty fish soup!" but this perhaps doesn't help with your question in the slightest......  :vcross:

Not sure about the general behavioural compatibility, although the Snakeskin's & Pearls seem to be considered good community fish whilst the Kissing Gourami's are referred on SF to as 'often belligerent'. I would also wonder about the size difference of the Pearl's as both the Snakeskin's and Kisser's (correct term??) would grow significantly larger.

Offline Puffin

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 11:14:17 PM »
Also delicious deep fried!

Offline chris213

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 06:30:26 AM »
yes i did think about the size difference but got unsure when the cc didnt flag up any issues,
no were not eating my snakeskins  :vcross:  :raspberries

Offline ColinB

• Superstar Think Fishy Member
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 08:20:08 AM »
Gourami can be terratorial so if you've got quite a few it's always best to have hiding places (for the fish!!!), lots of tall plants and broken lines of sight. This allows escape and their own place.

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline chris213

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 08:38:11 AM »
i have lots of long grass that grows faster than i blink  :vcross:  and a few good bush plants that are nice and dense that they enjoy to hide in and feed in and ontop of that i have caves bridges and a slate bungalow with extra slate cave ontop ( got rid of the roman building , couldnt get on with it )  so there is plenty of hidey holes infact sometimes theres so many its hard to find a fish ( i am sure they see me looking and laugh at my attempts to find them  :fishy1:  :raspberries )  , i will try with the two kissers first then see what happens , maybe leave the pearls.

Offline ColinB

• Superstar Think Fishy Member
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 09:56:24 AM »
i have lots of long grass that grows faster than i blink  :vcross:  and a few good bush plants that are nice and dense that they enjoy to hide in and feed in and ontop of that i have caves bridges and a slate bungalow with extra slate cave ontop ( got rid of the roman building , couldnt get on with it )  so there is plenty of hidey holes infact sometimes theres so many its hard to find a fish ( i am sure they see me looking and laugh at my attempts to find them  :fishy1:  :raspberries )  , i will try with the two kissers first then see what happens , maybe leave the pearls.

Sounds good!

I've always thought it'd be a great idea for a pet shop to have a tank full of leaves and branches with a sign on the outside saying "Chameleon".... but with no chameleon in it. Then stand back and watch people staring into the tank for ages. ;D

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline chris213

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 10:02:40 AM »
I've always thought it'd be a great idea for a pet shop to have a tank full of leaves and branches with a sign on the outside saying "Chameleon".... but with no chameleon in it. Then stand back and watch people staring into the tank for ages. ;D

iam sure at least half the people would claim to see the chameleon

Offline Puffin

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 10:53:46 AM »
Has anyone noticed the title of this thread is gourmet?
Sorry, am just traumatised by the possibility that the fish you have in your tanks are the same ones we used to eat in Malaysia!  Me: "What's this fish, what aren't you eating it?" Translator: "It's a river fish, I only eat sea fish"

Offline chris213

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 11:15:45 AM »
Has anyone noticed the title of this thread is gourmet?

opps my bad morning typing , in my defence it was started before i had my morning liter of coffee.
i did read some were that they was eaten a lot .  i wont be eating mine if anything they will eat me if  forget to feed them.  :P

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "gourami"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
4 Replies
Last post February 16, 2015, 12:37:47 PM
by bferg4
2 Replies
Last post June 20, 2015, 09:11:33 PM
by Adrian G
2 Replies
Last post August 21, 2015, 05:05:52 PM
by KieranWD
14 Replies
Last post October 08, 2016, 01:10:32 PM
by Trish
9 Replies
Last post March 21, 2017, 07:46:09 PM
by Trish
1 Replies
Last post September 03, 2017, 10:37:34 AM
by Sue
9 Replies
Last post December 15, 2017, 11:37:50 PM
by Hampalong

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: