Broken Lid

Author Topic: Broken lid  (Read 3259 times) 6 replies

Offline RachelN76

• Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish FTW!
Broken lid
« on: March 20, 2015, 08:41:59 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
I've just managed to break the glass lid on my Aqua One Xpression 27 while doing a water change.  It fell on a concrete floor, didn't really stand a chance.

But what on earth do I do now?? 

I've googled for spares, but I just get filters and stuff like that.

I was going to put a piece of cardboard over it tonight to try to keep a bit of heat in, and stop the fish jumping out.

Any ideas where I'll be able to get a replacement lid from?
I'm in Oldham, near Manchester, but online is great too

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Galaxy Rasbora (10) - Fiveband Barb (6) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (5) - Glowlight Tetra (10) - Zebra Danio (8) - Axelrods Rasbora (12) - Harlequin Rasbora (4) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (2) - Neon Tetra (4) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline fishcake76

• Rocking Fishy Member
Re: Broken lid
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 08:53:03 PM »
Hi!   :wave:

You could try a local glass cutters, they may be able to cut a piece of glass to size if you give them measurements.

Or you could try freecycle,  if you have it in your area. Someone may have a piece of glass that would fit or that could be cut to size.

Other than that I am not much help I'm afraid!!!

FC76

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 09:13:21 PM »
If you do try a glass cutter, make sure they smooth the edges.

Or try perspex. That comes in squares for greenhouse windows and can be cut with a nice sharp stanley knife blade if you are careful and take your time. It also withstands being dropped. I used this for my then betta's tank - it's now my quarantine tank.

Offline Skittler

• Rocking Fishy Member
  • Shrimpaholic
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 09:17:36 PM »
Aqua One UK customer service is:

www.aquaone.co.uk

Skittler

Offline RachelN76

• Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish FTW!
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 11:35:21 AM »
Thanks everyone.

I definitely know of a glass place who could do that, and I'll give customer services a ring on monday.

I can't believe I did that though, very annoyed with myself.

Galaxy Rasbora (10) - Fiveband Barb (6) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (5) - Glowlight Tetra (10) - Zebra Danio (8) - Axelrods Rasbora (12) - Harlequin Rasbora (4) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (2) - Neon Tetra (4) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline SteveS

• Superstar Think Fishy Member
  • With apologies to M.C.Escher
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 12:24:05 AM »
This place sells glass covers. Or you could use this search in google. I found a few places using that.

Angelfish (1) - Panda Cory (10) - Harlequin Rasbora (10) - Otocinclus (10) - Japonica Shrimp (10) - Honey Gourami (10) - Galaxy Rasbora (10) -

Offline RachelN76

• Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish FTW!
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 08:41:43 PM »
Thanks everyone, I forgot to come back to this.  Our local garden centre that used to sell Aqua one products, but doesn't any more, were kind enough to order one for me, and it arrived without any mishaps.

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "Broken lid"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
15 Replies
Last post April 14, 2013, 10:46:10 PM
by jesnon

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: