Testimonials

Author Topic: Testimonials  (Read 2916 times) 11 replies

Offline Robert

• Administrator
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
Testimonials
« on: June 20, 2019, 07:56:46 AM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
If you’re a super subscriber,  do please tell us why you subscribed in 50 words or less. Am looking to increase confidence in our sign up process  :cheers:

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Clown Barb (5) - Banded Rainbowfish (2) - Bolivian Ram (4) - Angelfish (1) - Checkered Barb (18) - African Red Eye (4) - Cherry Barb (6) - Neon Tetra (8) - Golden Panchax (1) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline LeakysLab

• Super Subscriber!
  • Super Fishy Member
  • Simon
Re: Testimonials
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 05:25:14 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 2
I chose to subscribe because I found the website which I used to expand my knowledge of Fish Keeping and by singing up I hope to Expand my knowledge further and with a group of like minding people who love Fish Keeping!

Pygmy Cory (6) - Sparkling Gourami (1) - Ember Tetra (10) - Marbled Hatchetfish (6) - Cardinal Tetra (12) - Sterbas Cory (6) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline jaypeecee

• Still learning...
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 06:09:59 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 1
I subscribed simply because I want to support this forum and help to contribute to its success. In a nutshell:

Don't just take - give!

JPC

Offline daveyng

• Super Subscriber!
  • Rocking Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish Forum User
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 06:13:39 PM »
I subscribed because I wanted to learn more about the art of fishkeeping and also to impart the knowledge of various aspects of the hobby I have built up over the years to others.

Offline jaypeecee

• Still learning...
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2019, 09:22:14 PM »
Hey you guys, looking for testimonials for Thinkfish.

If you can tell us why you subscribed in 50 words or less that would be super cool. Looking to try to increase confidence in our sign up process  :cheers:

Hi Robert,

What did you decide in the end?

JPC

Offline jaypeecee

• Still learning...
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 09:07:40 PM »
Hi Robert,

No doubt you are very busy but a reply would be greatly appreciated.

JPC

Offline Robert

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 10:08:11 PM »
Hi Jaypeecee

Sorry, I missed your previous post.

The irony is that traffic is up! Maybe people just don’t comment on fora as they used to. Facebook, Twitter etc

I’m not sure what else I can do to be honest. There’s no budget to do any real promotion. It’s a great resource with stacks of info and perhaps that’s partly the problem in that the answers already exist to all manner of issues related to fish. If people don’t have questions or things to share then there’s little in the way of new issues to discuss and so people lose interest and go elsewhere.

The mods do their best to post new topics and content of interest as do some of the more active members but maybe the medium has changed and people have gravitated to WhatsApp groups, Facebook groups etc simply because the barriers to entry are lower.

Having this forum open to all and sundry meant that we were bombarded by spammers and so I closed that route and vetted everyone and tried to increase revenue by way of levying a small fee. That hasn’t worked really to be fair so outside of removing that restriction and as a consequence, making more work for myself and less revenue taboot I’m not sure what else I can do.

Clown Barb (5) - Banded Rainbowfish (2) - Bolivian Ram (4) - Angelfish (1) - Checkered Barb (18) - African Red Eye (4) - Cherry Barb (6) - Neon Tetra (8) - Golden Panchax (1) -

Offline jaypeecee

• Still learning...
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2019, 12:09:25 PM »
Hi Robert,

Thanks for your reply. And pretty comprehensive it is. Yes, I myself have started new topics/threads in the hope of drumming up activity. And it works but not enough visitors decide to take the plunge and become members (Users). Incidentally, would it be worth changing the term 'Users' to 'Members'? What do others think? For me, the term 'Users' applies to both Members and Visitors. I accept that this may be trivial and of no concern.

I must stress that I categorically have no intention of belittling the effort that you and the Moderators put into making Think Fish run from day to day. You all keep the wheels turning. Thanks to you all.

JPC

Offline Robert

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2019, 02:31:52 PM »
JPC

Not taken in that light at all.  :)

Appreciate the interest, and the feedback. It’s people like you and those who get involved that make this place the resource that it is.  :cheers:

Offline jaypeecee

• Still learning...
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2019, 04:37:28 PM »
Thanks for your kind words, Robert.

JPC

fishtales

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2019, 02:03:03 PM »
I decided to subscribe, because I have read this forum for a couple of years and I think it's a brilliant resource for information. After registering (and discovering I had successfully joined  ::)  ) I wanted to support this forum as a thank you for all the help it has given me in the past and continues to give.

Personally I believe so many people use this forum/site anonymously. Anyone reading this, I urge you to join. You will get even more benefit from this site and help ensure it continues for many years to come  :D

Offline Robert

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2019, 04:51:43 PM »
Thankyou! It’s super appreciated  :cheers:

Everyone here is an absolute star

Tags:

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: