Hi All

Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 603 times) 4 replies

Offline Caroline

• Super Subscriber!
Hi all
« on: May 22, 2023, 04:14:34 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
I have a 790 litre square tank and looking for some ideas of what to put in there, so far I have bought the filter and that’s it been doing loads of research but just can’t make up mind what to do with it. However I would like to put in real plants this time although I have never had much luck with them in the past.

Help

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
Re: Hi all
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2023, 10:09:02 AM »
Hi,

Before we can make suggestions we need more information from you.

What is the hardness of your water? Assuming you are in the UK, that info should be on your water company's website. Ignore any vague words they use and look for a number and the unit of measurement. There are about half a dozen different units but fish keeping uses just two of them. The reason for asking is that we should keep fish which come from water with roughly the same hardness as our tap water. Soft water fish kept in hard water develop calcium deposits in their organs and hard water fish kept in soft water suffer calcium deficiency. Both mean the fish get sick easier and don't live as long as they should.

Do you want a community of easy going fish or aggressive/semi aggressive fish?

Plants - which plants have you tried in the past? Plants can be loosely grouped into easy, middling and hard. I find most easy group are OK for me.
That brings the question of the light. Do you know the K rating for the light? it is a 4 digit number followed by K. Plants grow best around 6500K. Higher than that risks too much algae.

Need to leave it there for now as I have a dentist appointment.......

Offline Caroline

• Super Subscriber!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2023, 01:14:14 AM »
Hi
And sorry but can I please speak to the really nice guy I spoke to yesterday and not the stroppy jealous one

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2023, 09:57:10 AM »
I do beg your pardon, my post was intended to be helpful. Those are the questions we always ask people who ask advice about stocking.
If you would rather not accept posts from me I will refrain for replying in future.

Offline Robert

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2023, 05:00:18 PM »
@Caroline  Please play nice here, when you signed up, yopu'd have been made aware of the rules for the forum, please review them. https://forums.thinkfish.co.uk/welcome-to-our-tropical-fish-forum-please-read/fish-forum-rules-and-etiquette/

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Clown Barb (5) - Banded Rainbowfish (2) - Bolivian Ram (4) - Angelfish (1) - Checkered Barb (18) - African Red Eye (4) - Cherry Barb (6) - Neon Tetra (8) - Golden Panchax (1) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Tags:

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: