Offline LeakysLab

• Super Subscriber!
  • Super Fishy Member
  • Simon
Allow me to introduce myself
« on: September 15, 2019, 10:43:47 AM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Good Morning TF,

My name is Simon and I always been fond of fish keeping since I was a teenager. After having a substantial break from the hobby as everyday life takes over etc however I’ve always kept my books and gone into my local fish stores.

I have decided to return to the hobby with thanks going to my mum and Step dad (as he has a huge marine set up) and I was gifted a 60L (30 x 60 x 30cm) tank.

I am still in the very early stages of planning and research but my new set up will be community fish based as my previous tank (many moons ago) was 120L but I was far from educated then and I’ve learned a lot already most areas of the hobby since growing up and the rise of the internet.

I look forward to speaking to you all at some point on here  :cheers:

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Pygmy Cory (6) - Sparkling Gourami (1) - Ember Tetra (10) - Marbled Hatchetfish (6) - Cardinal Tetra (12) - Sterbas Cory (6) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
Re: Allow me to introduce myself
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 11:18:46 AM »
Hi, welcome to the forum  :wave:

60 litres is a nice size to start. We look forward to hearing your progress, and photos when you have it all ready  :) You'll find we all like looking at photos of other people's tanks  ;D

Offline jaypeecee

• Still learning...
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 11:33:48 AM »
Hello Simon,

Welcome to Think Fish!  :wave:

Don't hesitate to ask as many questions as you like. We'll try to answer them.

JPC

Offline Matt

• @scapeeasy on Instagram
  • Global Moderator
  • www.scapeeasy.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 11:52:34 AM »
Welcome!  :wave: :cheers:

Looking forward to seeing your tank develop.. don't forget to post a few pictures along the way for us!  What tank did you get and what filtration and lighting were included?

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 12:07:16 PM »
Hi Simon and welcome to the forum.  :wave:

I'm looking forward to hearing about your tank plans.  :)

Offline fcmf

• [PicCredit: @NiloSinnatamby]
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2019, 03:01:26 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Simon :wave: and looking forward to reading about / discussing potential plans for your tank (which is of the same dimensions as my own) and seeing photos of it as the plans come to fruition.

:fishy1: :fishy1: :fishy1:

Offline LeakysLab

• Super Subscriber!
  • Super Fishy Member
  • Simon
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2019, 04:06:21 PM »
Thank you all for your warm welcome,

I have been sifting through the topics and I'm sure I will find my answers or ask you all! currently I am revising the fish less cycling procedure to ensure I understand it and bringing my chemistry up to scratch.

The tank in question is the Tetra AquaArt in white, it has come supplied with the easy crystal filter, heater and some of Tetras bottle products which are water conditioner and safe start or filter enzyme (I cant remember which). Bless my mum she got me some additional bits to get me started too bless her; That being said I have a long list of items I either need or wish to get.

At the moment there are no concrete plans of what is going in or the fish I will be keeping, the only things I do know is I will use real plants and I will not be keeping any livebearers but will be aiming for a medium planted aquarium with community fish with a single show piece or a group of guys & girls that will cover top middle and bottom of the aquarium for maximum viewing pleasure.

:cheers:

Pygmy Cory (6) - Sparkling Gourami (1) - Ember Tetra (10) - Marbled Hatchetfish (6) - Cardinal Tetra (12) - Sterbas Cory (6) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline fcmf

• [PicCredit: @NiloSinnatamby]
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2019, 05:01:28 PM »
All sounds good :cheers:, and we're happy to keep you on the right tracks with the potential purchases or various aspects as you progress - Sue is particularly skilled in the fishless cycling procedure aspect.

It would be worth checking your water company website for details of your postcode's water hardness - in CaCO3 or German degrees hardness if those are given - as this will help narrow down possibilities of fish whose hardness-range requirements match those of your water.

[Edited to add: I see this issue has been discussed on another thread and that your water is a hard 18 dH - apologies for only reading it afterwards.]

Offline LeakysLab

• Super Subscriber!
  • Super Fishy Member
  • Simon
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2019, 06:10:26 PM »
 :fishy1: Thank you I appreciate it. I had been reading Sue’s article on cycling and how she did it. I will find it easier to follow one procedure however I understand every set up is different. I’m lucky with having access to free RO water I can mix to adjust my parameters but again every situation is different I may start with treated tap water as I have my parameters from the water supply company.

Offline LeakysLab

• Super Subscriber!
  • Super Fishy Member
  • Simon
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2019, 07:53:12 PM »
Hi everyone  :wave:

I thought I’d mention here that there will be an exciting set up soon but I’m afraid it’s been delayed as we are moving home soon which was a surprise as we had been looking for somewhere for ages. The new fish keeping return is just on hold whilst we are sorting everything out!

P.s don’t worry ;-) I’m not changing my mind just glad I didn’t rush into the set up

:cheers:

Offline Sue

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2019, 08:25:31 PM »
There will be plenty time to set up once you've moved  :)

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2019, 06:57:23 PM »
Plenty of time to plan your tank with the delay due to your imminent move.  ;D

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "Allow me to introduce myself"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
715 Replies
Last post June 04, 2023, 01:18:02 AM
by Caroline
4 Replies
Last post January 02, 2013, 08:08:16 AM
by ColinB
5 Replies
Last post March 07, 2017, 06:36:33 PM
by fish-friends
3 Replies
Last post August 29, 2019, 10:05:26 PM
by Littlefish
7 Replies
Last post February 13, 2021, 05:24:28 PM
by Mussoda
0 Replies
Last post July 08, 2021, 01:00:58 AM
by Robert
1 Replies
Last post August 06, 2021, 06:09:25 PM
by Littlefish

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: