See less of these, support the forums and become a Super Subscriber today!

We also have sponsorship opportunities for tropical fish related businesses from just 20 per month.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Fishkeeping Chat / Re: Xmas Fishkeeping Gifts
« Last post by TopCookie on Today at 03:21:16 PM »
I'd like a fancy-schmancy Pleco...  One of the small ones but as colourful or nice looking as possible...  :)
Gallery Showcase / Re: The Cookie Crew
« Last post by TopCookie on Today at 02:22:19 PM »
Major service in the old tank today...  Full monty filter service, including new pre-filter medium...  New skimmer filter pads too...  Plus of course a nice large water change... 

Delighted to have this done now, on the right side of Christmas, which means nothing major to be done whilst eating one hundred or so mince pies and doing my darnedest to make a dent in the World wine lake...   ;D

Edit:  The flowering stem has gone mental, with several bunches of small white'ish flowers...  They're not especially pretty - quite pathetic and dirty looking really - but what a buzz none the less...   :D
General Fishkeeping advice / Re: Worms in tank
« Last post by Matt on Yesterday at 09:29:51 PM »
DIY Aquapros on YouTube used a dog dewormer to kill the planaria, it was shrimp safe too!...
General Fishkeeping Chat / Xmas Fishkeeping Gifts
« Last post by Matt on Yesterday at 09:25:44 PM »
Just wondering what fishy things people have asked for for xmas!?

On my list are: fertilisers, a ramp timer for my lights (allows sunrise and sunsets to be programmed) a cheap waterproof led strip light for backlighting the tank (look for aquascapes with a hint of sky blue in the background (nor.ally at the top or bottom) and you'll see what I mean...
« Last post by Littlefish on Yesterday at 08:27:42 PM »
Thanks @fcmf
I've spent some time rinsing sand with tap water this evening, and will move on to the next stage when the planaria treatment arrives.
General Fishkeeping advice / Re: My Gourami Problems
« Last post by Littlefish on Yesterday at 08:24:02 PM »
Glad to hear that your LFS will take the gourami back, and I hope that this resolves the situation.
« Last post by Lynne W on Yesterday at 08:07:38 PM »
hi all thanks for your comments, yeah thinking maybe gourami's are not my thing. The good news is I've got 4 fishkeeper Scotland shops all relatively near and the first one I phoned didn't hesitate in saying I could take her back, although I'll not be able to do that till Saturday.

I think I'll go with Sue's advice and take the bigger one back and see if the wee one starts to come out more and settle. None of them ever bother with the other wee fish, but might be because there is still two of them in the tank, so I'll see how she goes, if she then starts on the others might need to take her back too.

Although I'm gutted, as they were my favourites and are so beautiful, I wouldn't keep them if they aren't going to be happy.

Just need to start looking for another species which is always fun, so might be looking for ideas again once I had a decent period of stability, fingers crossed.  :cheers:
« Last post by fcmf on Yesterday at 05:36:31 PM »
I missed this thread earlier. I'm not very experienced in these but do recall having an experience a while back - https://forums.thinkfish.co.uk/general-fishkeeping-chat/think-fish-keepers-daily-news/msg38485/#msg38485 - which actually disappeared after the next tank clean. I do hope whatever it is you've got disappears as swiftly as mine did, however you tackle it. Whatever it is, there is absolutely no need to feel ashamed or embarrassed as it could happen to any of us!
« Last post by Littlefish on Yesterday at 05:19:23 PM »
Thanks for the heads up on leeches @daveyng
I found some info on them here https://www.myaquariumclub.com/do-you-have-leeches-in-your-aquarium-10423.html and they look different to what I have in my tank. The leeches seem to curl up when touched, and appear to be larger than what I have. The things in my tank are just a few mm.
I've ordered some No-Planaria, which should be here tomorrow. I'll follow this with marine salt, just in case.
« Last post by fcmf on Yesterday at 04:21:24 PM »
Sorry to read of your gourami problems.

Another potential option for you is http://www.centralaquaristsociety.co.uk/ - they seem to be quite active and might have members willing to take on a pearl gourami; best of luck.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Think Fish © 2004-2018 | Keeping Tropical Fish Forum - Everything you need for your Tropical Fish hobby
Tropical Fish Market Place
SEO Services in Kent
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: