See less of these, become a Super Subscriber today!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Fish Health / Re: Bloated Pygmy Cory
« Last post by Sue on Today at 07:14:55 PM »
Yes, but a short bath should be OK. That's why you need to keep an eye on the fish while it is in the bath.
« Last post by Matt on Today at 07:13:02 PM »
Arnt cories extra sensitive to salt?
« Last post by Sue on Today at 06:33:30 PM »
That's longer than some of mine have lasted  :-\ I do wonder if they are becoming inbred these days.

Try the epsom salts. Even if that doesn't work, you will have tried your best for the cory.
« Last post by Ally2 on Today at 05:36:15 PM »
Hi
I've had these corys for about 15 months , I don't know how long they normally live for ? This is the first one who's shown signs of illness .
A
« Last post by Sue on Today at 03:49:56 PM »
A few of have had problems with pygmy cories over the last few years, unfortunately.

An epsom salt bath is worth a try. You need plain epsom salts, not the kind with perfume.

1 teaspoonful per gallon of tank temp dechlorinated water - that's 1 x 5ml spoonful per 3.75 litres. Dissolve completely before putting the fish in it. Leave the fish in for up to 30 mins, twice a day. If the fish starts to look distressed, take it out of the bath immediately.

Fingers crossed.
Fish Health / Bloated Pygmy Cory
« Last post by Ally2 on Today at 02:42:43 PM »
Hi
I have a bloated Pygmy Cory . He also has a bit of his tail missing . He has had five days of treatment using waterlife for fin rott . The bloating continued I have put frozen daphnia in , in the hopes this would help .
Nothing has worked . Could i try an Epsom salt dip ? If so what are the quantities ?
Ally
General Fishkeeping Chat / Re: Think Fish Keepers Daily News.
« Last post by Littlefish on Today at 12:43:58 PM »
I have my eye on a couple of bamboo shrimp...something a bit different.  :)
« Last post by Sue on Today at 09:51:32 AM »
Congrats on the exam results  :)
What is the next step for you? I know you've mentioned college, but doing what exactly?

With shrimps you meed to make sure that different shrimp species need the same water parameters - pH, harness and temperature - just the same as for fish.
Red cherry shrimps are the easiest. There are different colours (orange, yellow, blue, chocolate) but these are more delicate having been selectively bred from red cherries, which in their turn were selectively bred from the brownish wild ones.
Amanos and ghost/glass shrimps are next easiest.
Crystal reds & blacks are harder, as are things like tiger shrimps.

The best source of info on shrimps is Planet Inverts
« Last post by Matt on October 16, 2017, 10:15:15 PM »
One suggestion if you get different coloured shrimp which can breed together (eg. caridina sp.) They will often produce grey/brown dull offspring which you may wish to avoid. Of course keeping something like red cherry shrimp with amano shrimp as I do avoids this issue.
General Fishkeeping Chat / Re: IT'S DONE YAY
« Last post by Matt on October 16, 2017, 10:08:47 PM »
The carbon will be removing the fertiliser and getting clogged by it so I would agree on removing it
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Think Fish © 2004-2018 | Keeping Tropical Fish Forum - Everything you need for your Tropical Fish hobby

Tropical Fish Help and Advice
Tropical Fish Keeping Community
General Non-Fishkeeping Chat
Legal | Contact
SEO Services in Kent
Follow Think Fish on: