Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Fish Tank Plant Advice / Bio liquid co2
« Last post by Matt on July 16, 2018, 10:58:11 PM »
I've been noticing some new liquid co2 products coming onto the market that don't use guteraldehyde... they claim to use natural ingredients and therefore be healthier for the fish (guteraldehyde being what they use to clean surgical instruments and a strong nerve toxin). I can make out the science behind them thoug... can anyone with a better brain than me help?
http://dennerle.com/en/products/aquarium/plant-care/special-fertilization/carbo-elixier-bio
Introductions and hello's / Re: Todays activity in my tank
« Last post by Littlefish on July 16, 2018, 08:52:35 AM »
Wow, your gang are determined to keep reproducing.  :)

:fishy1:  :fishy1:  :fishy1:  :fishy1:  :fishy1:  :fishy1:  :fishy1:  :fishy1:  :fishy1:
:fishy1:  :fishy1:  :fishy1:  :fishy1:  :fishy1:  :fishy1:  :fishy1:  :fishy1:  :fishy1:
Introductions and hello's / Re: Todays activity in my tank
« Last post by brush439 on July 16, 2018, 12:05:44 AM »
ok to give you an update, the fish in the thread pictures are now ready to go to the fish shop (about 35). farmed a few out in 3s and 4s to friends also.
about a month ago there was another spawning which are living in the smallest tank I have. they are loving it as the hot weather has upped the algae levels so they are in the dark but very active.
then.....   on Thursday the adults spawned again!!!!!!
with no tank available for the eggs they were collected and kept in a 10 litre tub. unfortunately I have no pumps or air bits available and they all died today (it was 31 degrees here which prob didn't help their cause)

so a bit of a sad day really

Invertebrates - Shrimps and Snails / Re: Faunus Snails
« Last post by TopCookie on July 15, 2018, 11:43:22 PM »
Ditto that @fcmf  :) 

I dunno why they've stopped listing them but it is a great pity...  I'd happily have more of them...  Hopefully they will reappear at some point down the line...  Oddly, Pro Shrimp no longer offer the Rabbit snails either... 

I would happily add more of the Red Nerites (Vittina Waigiensis), but boy you have to be quick when they come in stock as they sell out very swiftly...!!!

Edit:  Wharf have the "Batman" Nerites, very similar to the Black Helmet Nerites, but a slightly different shell shape...  Could be tempted by one of those boys in the future... 
Not to put a dampner on your suggestions, but I suspect that any substrate dwelling / scavenger fish would make short work of fallen tank mates. I have learned to accept that I only find bodies if they've got caught on the filter or are floating amongst the surface plants.
Fish Tank Plant Advice / Re: Indian Almond Leaves
« Last post by daveyng on July 15, 2018, 10:30:11 PM »
I add 30ml of the extract weekly. I use Easy-Life Cattapa-X. Donít know if there are others on the market.
Fish Tank Plant Advice / Re: Indian Almond Leaves
« Last post by Helen on July 15, 2018, 10:22:53 PM »
How often do you add the Catappa extract @daveng?

I wonder if I see the effect on pH because my water is pretty soft to start with?
Invertebrates - Shrimps and Snails / Re: Faunus Snails
« Last post by fcmf on July 15, 2018, 04:56:55 PM »
Glad you got your faunus snails when you did, @TopCookie, because I see that they're no longer sold - only nerites these days.
How about panda garra?
Darn - first glance at the pic and they looked like what I was looking for, then I scrolled down SF to the tank size required - 90x30cm. Argh - I need a larger fishtank!

I love my panda garra in my river tank, they have a lot of character, but they are quite big fish when fully grown, are very active and very boisterous. Half the time I wonder if they need such a big tank because they are often chasing each other, bickering, and fighting. Possibly not the right fish for any peaceful community.  ???
How about panda garra?
Darn - first glance at the pic and they looked like what I was looking for, then I scrolled down SF to the tank size required - 90x30cm. Argh - I need a larger fishtank!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Think Fish © 2004-2018 | Keeping Tropical Fish Forum - Everything you need for your Tropical Fish hobby

Tropical Fish Help and Advice
Tropical Fish Keeping Community
General Non-Fishkeeping Chat
Legal | Contact
SEO Services in Kent
Follow Think Fish on: