Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Fish Health / Re: Platy on floor of the tank
« Last post by Helen on Today at 08:48:25 AM »
I don't really eat fish, but haven't for much longer than I've had my fish tank. In the early days of fishkeeping, my husband called the inhabitants of my tank "whitebait".

Glad your platy seems to be on the mend.
« Last post by Littlefish on Today at 08:15:29 AM »
Glad to hear that your platy seems ok.
Perhaps it will eventually come out from under the plant, hopefully.  :)
« Last post by pollydoodle on Today at 07:53:03 AM »
Update on platy. All seems okay so far and I've noticed it only spends time under the plant when the lights are on
General Fishkeeping Chat / Re: Think Fish Keepers Daily News.
« Last post by Littlefish on Today at 07:04:56 AM »
That ray is called Ravioli, and he was very persistent at feeding time.

All displays were great, and the marine tank was huge.

The sea horse tank was fascinating, especially at feeding time..
« Last post by Matt on Today at 01:03:44 AM »
that's a great ray photo!

I have a similar trip in the making... an old work colleague is going to start working at sea life shortly and has promised me a behind the scenes tour!
« Last post by Littlefish on August 17, 2018, 08:45:54 PM »
I've been to Cardiff this week, and also took the opportunity for a few day trips.
One day trip was to Bristol Aquarium. The soundtrack to the day was Denise saying "no, you can't have a tank that size".  :-\
« Last post by Sue on August 17, 2018, 08:20:04 PM »
I eat fish all the time in front of my fish  :o Usually it's salmon or trout but occasionally a bit of lemon sole. My husband is a cod/haddock fan both plain and smoked.
Maybe it's my jobs in years gone by that makes me immune to such things as eating fish in front of fish.
« Last post by Littlefish on August 17, 2018, 08:12:14 PM »

ps.  I had some bream which my son caught, had its head on of course (Removed before cooking) and I couldn't eat it in the same room as my fish!!  :rotfl: How daft am I  :rotfl:
I couldn't possibly eat fish, don't allow to-be-consumed fish with the head or tail intact in my sight (it's always given me the heebie-jeebies), and I put up a barricade when Mr FCMF is eating fish so that the gang in the tank don't get to see what he's consuming. Therefore, I don't think you're at all daft.

My dwarf puffer tank is next to the dining table. I don't eat fish at the table after a very uncomfortable meal with them all at the front of the tank watching me, while I assured them "it's nobody you know". Now it's just easier not to eat fish at home - the fish still watch whatever I'm eating, I just don't feel bad as long as it's not fish.
I searched on google for "snails eating live fish" and an interesting thread pops up from elsewhere - seems as though it can happen.

In terms of the guppy's colouring looking normal, I've discovered this year that that isn't necessarily a good indicator of health or otherwise - I've had two fatalities this year (x-ray tetras) and each one retained their fin colouring when dead (one having died overnight, the other likely several days beforehand).
That's a weird one, for sure... 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Think Fish © 2004-2018 | Keeping Tropical Fish Forum - Everything you need for your Tropical Fish hobby

Tropical Fish Help and Advice
Tropical Fish Keeping Community
General Non-Fishkeeping Chat
Legal | Contact
SEO Services in Kent
Follow Think Fish on: