Hi All

Author Topic: hi all  (Read 2849 times) 5 replies

Offline george

• Super Fishy Member
hi all
« on: July 18, 2013, 04:16:32 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
been awhile lol, had to rejoin not sure why but nevermind, tanks doing fine will take a picture soon and post here, only problems i have had is 2 neons dying a month of 2 ago not sure why maybe it was because of the neon disease or something, my mum was the one who saw them and they were more or less eaten but could tell it was the neons, anyway i also had the rams ( still have 4 rams ) lay eggs few weeks ago but the as i turnt the lights off on the tank and put the moonlight neon one on the female i think or guess it was started attacking the male who had mated with the female i think they was because the lights went off i guess because things were ok with them 2 when the lights were on strange ? anyway so that next day the eggs were gone sigh...

months back i took some of my mums fellas baby plecs as he had too many now i have my fully grown BN plec which i had already now i have 5 other BN plecs in the tank out of the five 1 is medium size and the others are small not tiny but small and the rams kept attacking the plecs as they came close, now when my mum and that go to MA i am gonna take 4 of the BN plecs and keep another female so i will have my current fully grown BN plec which i had from the start which is female and also keep a female from the other 5 as i do want 2 BN plecs but dont want 6 plus i dont want to have loads of baby in the tank so thats why i just want 2 females and at the moment there is no babys and hopefully there wont be,

anyway main concern is the water temp i have a proper gauge temp in the water for the tank and it has a green safety measurement so i know if it ever goes over its too warm anyway its been right at the top of the green marker 80c i think it is ( i am upstairs at the moment so when i go down in a sec to check i will re edit if its not 80c ) and its been like that for about 2 weeks, i do a water  change once a week but i took 2 buckets out and put 2 cold buckets into the tank to try cool it down instead of waiting till the day i do my normal water change which is 4 out and 4 back in, so i took 2 out and put 2 in 2 days before the day i do the full water change and the temp didnt go down so on the day i did the water change i only had to do 2 as i already did 2 earlier so the other 2 were cold buckets and it did nothing, now i decided to come on here to let you know about this now i am not sure if i have to do a very early water change again and take the usual amount of buckets out which is 4 now or just wait till my next water change is due? just concerned about the temp

hope everyone elses tanks are ok, hello sue too :)

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
Re: hi all
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 04:35:19 PM »
Hi george. You were scouse_george when the forum first came back but that name isn't in the membership list. Strange  ??? You didn't accidentally delete the account did you?

I think everyone is having problems with the heat. Recommended ways to cool a tank:
Do a water change with cold water
Freeze some ice cubes made with dechlorinated water and add those to cool the tank - though that will overfill the tank eventually so you'd have to remove some water
Fill empty pop bottles with water, freeze them and float them in the tank till they thaw out. You'd need a few of them so you could freeze some while one was in the tank so that you could put a new one in straight away once the one in there thawed. Be careful the bottles don't burst though - don't fill them right to the top. Leave a couple of inches then suueeze the air out before screwing the top on.

My bolivians eggs always got eaten.......

Offline george

• Super Fishy Member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 04:57:00 PM »
hello sue, no  i didnt delete anything lol, so do i need to do a water change now then? or wait till monday? also pop bottles wouldnt fit in my tank flaps how about small water bottles ? should have a few of them empty as i have been drinking alot of water etc trying to be more healthy now lol

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 05:03:40 PM »
Any size bottle would do - though you'd need a few of the small ones as they'll melt faster than big ones. Freeze a load of bottles of water (tap water, drink the water that comes in the bottle  ;D ) then when the one in the tank has melted put another one in and refreeze the melted one.

If you use frozen bottles to cool the water you'll only need to do your usual water changes.

Offline george

• Super Fishy Member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 05:21:14 PM »
ok thanks :)

will post a picture of the tank soon

Offline george

• Super Fishy Member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 06:46:13 PM »

just took this now, not the best of pics still have my plane which you can see on the right, cant see my wood though its near the middle need to get rid of it soon and get a new piece because theres some sharp points on it

Tags:

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: