Offline LeakysLab

• Super Subscriber!
  • Super Fishy Member
  • Simon
The Goldfish Bowl - Oxford
« on: January 18, 2020, 08:33:37 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 2
Hi Everyone,

Today we went to an independent store Named The Goldfish Bowl. In short it was a very good experience. I have copied the review I left for them on Google below if you wish to read it. the only thing I left out was the Parking which is on street for 2 hours or on the paved front driveway in front of the store. Happy Reading. :cheers:

Inside you are instantly hit with shelves and shelves of fish. The range available is awesome; walking round the livestock areas you find yourself seeing all the members of staff busy with looking after the fish and customers. Once you can take your eyes of the livestock there is only what I can describe as the great walls of all the different stock of plants, hardware and hardscape etc. All the staff are friendly however we was acknowledged by Jasmine near the counter, once she had finished with her customer she came over to us and her service was spot on, she was friendly, helpful and was willing to listen to us and recommend various products we either needed or could choose and didn't push us in any way. We also met the store owner Barry who was also happy to see us and was also friendly. Jasmine also helped us choose some plants to take away to help me set up our tank. It was such a pleasant and informative visit.

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Pygmy Cory (6) - Sparkling Gourami (1) - Ember Tetra (10) - Marbled Hatchetfish (6) - Cardinal Tetra (12) - Sterbas Cory (6) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline LeakysLab

• Super Subscriber!
  • Super Fishy Member
  • Simon
Re: The Goldfish Bowl - Oxford
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 09:28:56 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
;D I bet it was a lot of fun having a look around too  :)

@fishtales you have no idea how amazing it was, it took me back some 15 years to when I was a teen and my LFS (unfortunately now not in business) would just be like a maze that was almost like a different world!! we was almost in there two hours and I could of spent more and a lot more money lucky I had my partner with me to keep me to task!

Pygmy Cory (6) - Sparkling Gourami (1) - Ember Tetra (10) - Marbled Hatchetfish (6) - Cardinal Tetra (12) - Sterbas Cory (6) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline jaypeecee

• Superstar Think Fishy Member
  • Still learning...
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 12:27:29 PM »
Hi @LeakysLab

Is this the store that you visited?

https://www.thegoldfishbowl.co.uk

Looks pretty good and I see they have an online service. I've bookmarked them!

Thanks for bringing this store to our attention!

JPC

Offline jaypeecee

• Still learning...
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 12:38:34 PM »
Hi @LeakysLab

And what about this:

"We provide free reverse osmosis water to all our customers, so you are able to set up your aquarium with water that is purer than tap water".

Did they provide you with reverse osmosis (RO) water? If so, did they add re-mineralizing salts?

JPC

Offline LeakysLab

• Super Subscriber!
  • Super Fishy Member
  • Simon
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2020, 04:06:35 PM »
Hi @LeakysLab

Is this the store that you visited?

https://www.thegoldfishbowl.co.uk

Looks pretty good and I see they have an online service. I've bookmarked them!

Thanks for bringing this store to our attention!

JPC

Yes my friend this is. Though I suspect it’s not as comprehensive as in store mind.

Offline LeakysLab

• Super Subscriber!
  • Super Fishy Member
  • Simon
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2020, 04:07:57 PM »
Hi @LeakysLab

And what about this:

"We provide free reverse osmosis water to all our customers, so you are able to set up your aquarium with water that is purer than tap water".

Did they provide you with reverse osmosis (RO) water? If so, did they add re-mineralizing salts?

JPC

I saw the stand about RO water, it was neither talked about or offered. I will check when I’m next there if you like?

Offline jaypeecee

• Still learning...
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2020, 06:39:25 PM »
Hi @LeakysLab

And what about this:

JPC

I saw the stand about RO water, it was neither talked about or offered. I will check when I’m next there if you like?

Hi @LeakysLab

It's not necessary to check about their RO water for me personally. I get my RO water from a local MA. I just thought it interesting that they "provide free reverse osmosis water to all our customers". RO water must not be used in an aquarium unless it has been remineralized. So, a scoop of remineralizing salts needs to be added before being used. Note: these are special salts and are not the same as table salt. It is most unusual for a shop to "provide free reverse osmosis water". It may be something you'd like to consider at some stage. I think it's worth speaking with the staff to get some more details.

JPC

Offline Matt

• @scapeeasy on Instagram
  • Global Moderator
  • www.scapeeasy.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2020, 09:18:12 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 1
Free RO is indeed unusual... id definately be taking advantage of that if i could!

I just paid a visit in virtual reality..
https://www.thegoldfishbowl.co.uk/who-we-are/about-the-shop

Thanks for sharing this, what a great find! I'm jealous!

Offline LeakysLab

• Super Subscriber!
  • Super Fishy Member
  • Simon
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2020, 09:36:01 PM »
As I wasn’t looking for RO water I never gave it a thought. It was the virtual tour that sold it for me because after getting the recommendation I was straight on the website scouting  ;)

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "The Goldfish Bowl - Oxford "

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
0 Replies
Last post January 03, 2013, 07:34:07 PM
by ColR1948
7 Replies
Last post August 27, 2013, 09:58:19 PM
by Ceri91
3 Replies
Last post December 01, 2013, 07:17:10 PM
by notungz
7 Replies
Last post May 02, 2015, 05:50:11 PM
by Sanjo
2 Replies
Last post May 26, 2015, 07:28:02 PM
by Thor God Of Thunder
9 Replies
Last post June 16, 2015, 08:05:09 PM
by fcmf
2 Replies
Last post July 30, 2015, 05:19:04 PM
by sunshine

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: