Offline LeakysLab

• Super Subscriber!
  • Super Fishy Member
  • Simon
Maidenhead Aquatics - Reading Branch
« on: July 18, 2020, 02:20:16 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Hi everyone,

Apologies for not being contributing of late but I recently went to Maidenhead Aquatics in Reading. Due to current social distancing the shop had a well managed system in place.
The shop has a long rectangular layout with the tills in a central position in line with the front doors and pond and cold water items to the right and outside, consumables and Tropical’s to the left.
I was looking for a group of schooling fish for my main aquarium and I found 10 ember tetras, one of the staff members was quick to acknowledge me and was very helpful in the Preparation of my new ember tetras, I wasn’t pushed or made uncomfortable by a bombardment of questions as I feel that after some general conversation he realised I was an avid aquarist. He then explained what he was doing and if I needed any help with any other items before taking me to the till. The store it self was moderately busy very clean and tidy. There were other staff members taking care of other customers and fish; generally the experience was very pleasant it is safe to say that the fish arrived into quarantine very healthy and now in the main display fully coloured up. I have since returned to the store to buy more livestock which were also very healthy and are in the main display tank. both visits to the store were very pleasant and I would recommend visiting the store as a advanced or beginner fish keeper. If anyone has any questions and feel free to comment below.

Simon

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Pygmy Cory (6) - Sparkling Gourami (1) - Ember Tetra (10) - Marbled Hatchetfish (6) - Cardinal Tetra (12) - Sterbas Cory (6) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline fcmf

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
  • [PicCredit: @NiloSinnatamby]
Re: Maidenhead Aquatics - Reading Branch
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 02:59:58 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 1
Great to read of your experience - even if unlikely ever to visit a particular store due to its location being hundreds of miles away, it makes interesting reading generally, as well as being particularly beneficial for others who live nearby or may have the opportunity to take a detour or plan on outing expressly to visit it.

Looking forward to seeing photos of your ember tetras in due course and intrigued to know what your additional livestock is and see photos of them too.
 :cheers:

Offline LeakysLab

• Super Subscriber!
  • Super Fishy Member
  • Simon
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 03:20:33 PM »
Thanks for having read even if as you say are  miles away  :rotfl:

I do have a shot video that I got of them feeding and I’ll get on the MacBook and try and load it up soon!

The additional livestock was more Pygmy Cories but these guys looked more adult size than the ones in the tank, but I can say they do show some great behaviour in a larger group  :fishy1:

Pygmy Cory (6) - Sparkling Gourami (1) - Ember Tetra (10) - Marbled Hatchetfish (6) - Cardinal Tetra (12) - Sterbas Cory (6) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Matt

• @scapeeasy on Instagram
  • Global Moderator
  • www.scapeeasy.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2020, 07:34:46 PM »
Good knowing about the Pygmys preferring to be in larger groups - how many do you have now?

Also good to read how Maidenhead Aquatics are dealing with social distancing measures - I know they don’t all have the same local manager etc but I’m sure they get guidance from on high and hopefully when I go in the not too distant future for some bloodworm for my dwarf puffers, my experience at my local store will be just as organised etc.

Offline jaypeecee

• Still learning...
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2020, 10:44:55 PM »
Hi @LeakysLab

Could you let me know whereabouts in Reading the store is located? Presumably, it's not in the town centre. I'm in Bracknell so I tend to use either the Ascot or so-called Windsor store. Perhaps the Reading store is at Reading Gate or where it used to be (the Wyevale Garden Centre at Winnersh Triangle)?

JPC

Offline jaypeecee

• Still learning...
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2020, 10:24:46 AM »
Hi @LeakysLab

I've just remembered that the Reading MA is the one at the Henry Street garden centre. Am I right? Haven't been there for ages but it always used to be a good store.

JPC

Offline fcmf

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • [PicCredit: @NiloSinnatamby]
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2020, 02:29:59 PM »
MA's Store Finder is here https://www.fishkeeper.co.uk/storefinder, if anyone is looking for possibilities beyond their immediate area (or accidentally-on-purpose takes the incorrect road en route to a destination with a less-interested-in-fishkeeping other half ;) and which just happens to warrant turning into to have a browse).

Offline LeakysLab

• Super Subscriber!
  • Super Fishy Member
  • Simon
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2020, 07:41:35 PM »
Hi @LeakysLab

I've just remembered that the Reading MA is the one at the Henry Street garden centre. Am I right? Haven't been there for ages but it always used to be a good store.

JPC

Sorry for my late reply but yes it is  :)

Offline LeakysLab

• Super Subscriber!
  • Super Fishy Member
  • Simon
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2020, 07:43:30 PM »
Good knowing about the Pygmys preferring to be in larger groups - how many do you have now?

Also good to read how Maidenhead Aquatics are dealing with social distancing measures - I know they don’t all have the same local manager etc but I’m sure they get guidance from on high and hopefully when I go in the not too distant future for some bloodworm for my dwarf puffers, my experience at my local store will be just as organised etc.

I did have 11 but unfortunately I have had some die off after introduction to main tank which I explained in more detail on daily news. I’m hoping to re boost the numbers again soon!

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "Maidenhead Aquatics - Reading Branch"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
18 Replies
Last post October 03, 2014, 03:21:53 PM
by Fiona
11 Replies
Last post January 04, 2015, 04:45:00 PM
by Aquamaid
5 Replies
Last post March 26, 2015, 12:37:17 PM
by Sue
0 Replies
Last post May 16, 2015, 09:44:01 AM
by Cod_only_knows
9 Replies
Last post August 16, 2015, 10:26:34 PM
by Anne
3 Replies
Last post September 15, 2016, 07:08:19 PM
by Littlefish
5 Replies
Last post June 27, 2019, 01:33:47 PM
by Matt

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: