Here We Go Again!

Author Topic: Here we go again!  (Read 3851 times) 12 replies

Offline Gaynor

• Fishy Member
Here we go again!
« on: June 12, 2013, 11:49:12 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
If anyone ever needed proof of how easily, and regularly, convicts breed, our little albino is it.  Chuck has now laid her third batch of eggs in the space of five and a half to six weeks, and is now happily guarding and fanning them inside the castle ruins in the centre of the tank.  Dad, Rhett the firemouth, is only allowed in after Chuck has done a lap of the tank to check for threats, after about ten seconds she kicks him out and he has to wait for around an hour for her to check again.

Thankfully Chuck doesn't seem to be forcing him into the corner this time.  Oh well, egg removal for me in the morning, I feel so mean taking the eggs away, but there's no way I could re-home them all, and I couldn't keep them all.   :'(

Offline ColinB

• Superstar Think Fishy Member
Re: Here we go again!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 10:19:47 AM »
C'mon Gaynor - you know the rules!!! We want piccies! ;D ;D

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Resa

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 12:13:41 PM »
Yes, Colin's right....we need piccies, please! :D

Panda Cory (11) - Otocinclus (2) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (7) - Dwarf Gourami (2) - Red Phantom Tetra (5) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (2) - Otocinclus (2) - Guppy (male) (4) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (6) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) - Panda Cory (6) - Otocinclus (2) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (6) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (5) - Guppy (male) (4) - Otocinclus (2) - Panda Cory (6) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Gaynor

• Fishy Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 03:22:47 PM »
Okay, I've taken pictures, not easy getting pics of Chuck when she's moving so fast, but I have a couple.  Now I just have to wait til hubby comes home as I have no idea where he's put the camera lead that attaches it to my pc.   :)

Offline jesnon

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 03:51:14 PM »
Aww I bet you do feel mean doing it, but ultimately it's the best thing for your tank and fishies! And I agree - pictures please!

Endler's Livebearer (8) - Panda Cory (4) - Cherry Barb (3) - Galaxy Rasbora (6) -

Offline Gaynor

• Fishy Member
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 08:48:01 PM »
Okay, here is Chuck, our female albino convict.  This pic was taken just after we set up the 125litre tank, so about 6 weeks ago.   :)

Tried uploading more but apparently the files are too big, how do I get around this?

Offline Gaynor

• Fishy Member
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 09:13:25 PM »
Pictures of the fish and tank, some are blurry, ignore those, I'm a newbie photographer too.  :)

http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/GaynorMOwen/media/100_0744.jpg.html?sort=2&o=0

Hope the link works.   :)

Offline ColinB

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 09:30:29 AM »
Looks good - thanks for posting them.

Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -

Offline jesnon

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 10:16:33 AM »
Cute! They seem to be enjoying their new love pad anyway!

Endler's Livebearer (8) - Panda Cory (4) - Cherry Barb (3) - Galaxy Rasbora (6) -

Offline Resa

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 11:08:27 AM »
Aah...they look sweet! Has she got squatters rights in her castle? ;D

Thanks for the piccies :)

Resa
  :)

Panda Cory (11) - Otocinclus (2) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (7) - Dwarf Gourami (2) - Red Phantom Tetra (5) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (2) - Otocinclus (2) - Guppy (male) (4) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (6) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) - Panda Cory (6) - Otocinclus (2) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (6) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (5) - Guppy (male) (4) - Otocinclus (2) - Panda Cory (6) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) -

Offline Gaynor

• Fishy Member
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2013, 02:18:12 PM »
Haha, I think she does have squatters rights on the castle, she won't leave it and she won't pay rent.  They do seem to like their lovepad, when they're not looking after eggs they spend a lot of time nosing around at everything, moving gravel out of the boat and the castle.  They never look bored.

Today hubby added more gravel, the same colour, which looks pink but is actually purple.  He wanted to create small hills, he didn't like the flat look.  I have to say, now it's done, I much prefer it now.   :)

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2013, 03:34:53 PM »
Some of these bigger cichlids are well known for rearranging the tank to suit them. Don't be surprised if they decide they don't like the hills and flatten them  ;D

Offline Gaynor

• Fishy Member
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2013, 08:16:24 PM »
Haha, Sue, funny that you should say that, half an hour after hubby finished his gravel masterpiece, Chuck decided she would dig a little pit at the top of the biggest hill and roll the gravel she wasn't happy with down to the bottom.  It was very amusing to watch I have to say, unfortunately hubby wasn't in the room to watch with me, he did wag his finger at her later though.  It amazes me that a fish so small can carry bits of gravel twice the size of her mouth, and to watch her nudging it to the bottom of the hill was brilliant. 

It wouldn't surprise me if the gravel is totally flat again in the morning.   :)

Tags:

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: