Panda Cory - Fish Of The Week - Fishy Friday

Author Topic: Panda Cory - Fish Of The Week - Fishy Friday  (Read 6838 times) 14 replies

Offline Robert

• Administrator
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
Panda Cory - Fish Of The Week - Fishy Friday
« on: March 21, 2014, 09:27:35 AM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Panda Cory - Fish of the Week

So after much ado and general discussion the Fish of the week is the Panda Cory

Good choice guys!

This is one of the smallest Corydoras species and is well suited to a quiet community of smaller fish. Although relatively robust and hardy, these are a slightly more delicate cory and good water quality with plenty of aeration and low nitrates is required for good health. Keep in groups and avoid sharp substrates.

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Clown Barb (5) - Banded Rainbowfish (2) - Bolivian Ram (4) - Angelfish (1) - Checkered Barb (18) - African Red Eye (4) - Cherry Barb (6) - Neon Tetra (8) - Golden Panchax (1) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline SteveS

• With apologies to M.C.Escher
Re: Panda Cory - Fish Of The Week - Fishy Friday
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 01:07:54 PM »
Booo! What happened to the Rasboras?  :rotfl:

Angelfish (1) - Panda Cory (10) - Harlequin Rasbora (10) - Otocinclus (10) - Japonica Shrimp (10) - Honey Gourami (10) - Galaxy Rasbora (10) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline fishcake76

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 03:42:20 PM »
Don't laugh just yet - we may make a comeback!!!!  :raspberries

Now we have sensibly decided to make the FOW one that doesn't yet have a profile on here how about the otocinclus. Last time looked it was ominously absent!!!

FC

Offline Richard W

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 03:45:10 PM »
Otocinclus is there - look under catfish

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 04:34:25 PM »
And panda cories are in the fish profiles too. However, I'm sure they didn't used to be until very recently (when everyone started voting for them?)

Back a few years on the old host, there were 3 cory entries in the fish profiles:
Salt and pepper cory, Corydoras habrosus
Panda cory
Corydoras, which included all the bigger ones such as pepper and bronze

When the site had to make a move to the new host, only the salt & pepper cory made it to the fish profiles, the other two entries vanished.

Robert - have you added panda cories recently or have they been there all along and I just need my eyes testing  ???

Offline Richard W

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 05:17:36 PM »
Panda cories have been on, I'm pretty sure, since I started looking at the site about 6 months or so ago. Noting that there were no larger cories, I would enter 8 pandas in the community creator to be equivalent to 6 of a larger species.

Offline dbaggie

• Rocking Fishy Member
  • Fishkeeping - trickier than it looks...
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 05:42:08 PM »
I know it's already in the profiles, but how about the Dwarf Gourami (male)?

They can be a bit fragile sometimes, but they're amongst the most colourful of tropical species (IMO) whilst also being easy to get hold of. They can do fine living solo whilst making a good member of a community aquarium provided you just avoid certain other species (e.g. Siamese Fighter).

They also develop a distinct character of their own - my DG adds a bit of balance to my community as most of my other fish usually zip around whereas the DG appears almost thoughtful in his meanderings around the tank!

Offline fishcake76

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 06:09:04 PM »
I did see that the oto is now there. Serves me right for not looking first!

FC

Offline Robert

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 08:46:18 PM »
I know it's already in the profiles, but how about the Dwarf Gourami (male)?

They can be a bit fragile sometimes, but they're amongst the most colourful of tropical species (IMO) whilst also being easy to get hold of. They can do fine living solo whilst making a good member of a community aquarium provided you just avoid certain other species (e.g. Siamese Fighter).

They also develop a distinct character of their own - my DG adds a bit of balance to my community as most of my other fish usually zip around whereas the DG appears almost thoughtful in his meanderings around the tank!

Guys  and gals as I say here http://www.thinkfish.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,815.msg7888.html#msg7888

If you have a fish you'd like added then happy to add them, just need the details :)

rasbora lesding the charge for next weeks FOW I note ;)

Clown Barb (5) - Banded Rainbowfish (2) - Bolivian Ram (4) - Angelfish (1) - Checkered Barb (18) - African Red Eye (4) - Cherry Barb (6) - Neon Tetra (8) - Golden Panchax (1) -

Offline Resa

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 11:43:29 PM »
I could be making it up, but the Panda Cories and the Otos have been in the profiles ever since I started looking at the site :fishy1:

Panda Cory (11) - Otocinclus (2) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (7) - Dwarf Gourami (2) - Red Phantom Tetra (5) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (2) - Otocinclus (2) - Guppy (male) (4) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (6) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) - Panda Cory (6) - Otocinclus (2) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (6) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (5) - Guppy (male) (4) - Otocinclus (2) - Panda Cory (6) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) -

Offline Resa

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 11:50:45 PM »
Hey...have I missed it or got the wrong day...but where's the Fish of the Week? ??? Perhaps, you just couldn't follow the Panda ;)

Panda Cory (11) - Otocinclus (2) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (7) - Dwarf Gourami (2) - Red Phantom Tetra (5) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (2) - Otocinclus (2) - Guppy (male) (4) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (6) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) - Panda Cory (6) - Otocinclus (2) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (6) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (5) - Guppy (male) (4) - Otocinclus (2) - Panda Cory (6) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) -

Offline Robert

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2014, 08:15:19 AM »

Hey...have I missed it or got the wrong day...but where's the Fish of the Week? ??? Perhaps, you just couldn't follow the Panda ;)

Hey Guys!

Sorry, I've been ill this week (boo) and it totally slipped my mind! Will get around to it soon!

Any other votes for Rasboras? Any late surges!!?

Offline fishcake76

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2014, 07:24:27 PM »
Go Go Rasboras!!!!!!

;)

Offline Resa

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2014, 11:47:53 PM »
ahh....sorry you've been poorly :( Hope you feel better soon.

Offline Robert

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2014, 08:37:27 PM »
Go Go Rasboras!!!!!!

;)

They are winning!! :D
ahh....sorry you've been poorly :( Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks Resa! Almost brand new now :)

Probably do FOW next Friday!

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "Panda Cory - Fish Of The Week - Fishy Friday"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
5 Replies
Last post July 16, 2013, 08:04:16 PM
by Andy M
35 Replies
Last post March 19, 2014, 06:18:06 PM
by Robert
19 Replies
Last post April 18, 2014, 12:20:49 PM
by Robert
3 Replies
Last post December 14, 2014, 09:52:33 PM
by Cod_only_knows
1 Replies
Last post February 13, 2015, 05:59:27 PM
by bferg4
13 Replies
Last post July 11, 2016, 07:30:07 PM
by fcmf
9 Replies
Last post October 21, 2016, 08:12:30 AM
by Littlefish

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: