My New Endlers!

Author Topic: My new endlers!  (Read 23062 times) 87 replies

Offline jesnon

• Superstar Think Fishy Member
My new endlers!
« on: April 02, 2013, 03:07:52 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
I'm really sorry for the poor quality of the photos - they're such speedy little things!  ;D I'm slowly learning to tell them apart ha. Any fishy name suggestions!? Some of the photos are actually snapshots from a quick video I did

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Endler's Livebearer (8) - Panda Cory (4) - Cherry Barb (3) - Galaxy Rasbora (6) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline jesnon

Re: My new endlers!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 03:18:33 PM »
Sorry I'm having problems uploading, hoping this works.

This is Lister one of my 'green endlers' as sold by MA

Endler's Livebearer (8) - Panda Cory (4) - Cherry Barb (3) - Galaxy Rasbora (6) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline jesnon

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 03:21:06 PM »
Hm

Offline jesnon

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 03:24:15 PM »
It keeps crashing on me :-(

Offline ColinB

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 03:33:06 PM »
Are you hosting the photos on Photobucket (or Picasa or similar) and then linking to them via the [img] tags, or are you trying to directly upload them on to the site?

Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 03:35:33 PM »
The two in pic 3 are tiger endlers, I've got one
In pic 1, the fish with the white in the middle of its tail is a peacock and the other two are black bars (I have some of those too).

The tigers - Tigger and Tony (Frosties ad)
I'd just call the peacock Peacock but I've no imagination  ;D

Offline jesnon

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 03:42:06 PM »
Fantastic eye Sue! Loving the name suggestions too!

I was trying to upload directly to the site, though it's having none of it anymore!

Offline Sue

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 03:50:56 PM »
Have you checked the size of the pic? Direct uploading has a size limit of 700KB per pic.

Offline jesnon

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 04:01:52 PM »
I had to resize them all because of that but they should be fine now :-(

I keep getting this error:

The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.thinkfish.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=post2;start=0;board=12. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

Offline jesnon

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 04:05:28 PM »
Blue on my phone

Another of Lister

Offline ColinB

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 05:06:09 PM »
Those Endlers are certainly pretty.

Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -

Offline Resa

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 05:23:27 PM »
Hi Jesnon,

They are really pretty fishies!  I'm so sorry your little poorly one didn't make it :(
They do try to convince you that they're all absolutely STARVING, don't they???  I know mine would convince FISHLINE (if there were such a helpline) that they haven't been fed in weeks! ;D

As far as names go, I was thinking maybe Barry or Brian for your little blue one, Percy for your peacock and maybe Trevor and Terry for the tigers!

Happy fishwatching....you'll get nothing done now ;D

Resa
  :)

Panda Cory (11) - Otocinclus (2) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (7) - Dwarf Gourami (2) - Red Phantom Tetra (5) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (2) - Otocinclus (2) - Guppy (male) (4) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (6) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) - Panda Cory (6) - Otocinclus (2) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (6) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (5) - Guppy (male) (4) - Otocinclus (2) - Panda Cory (6) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) -

Offline jesnon

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 05:29:15 PM »
Yes they definitely do, anyone would think they'd been neglected! I'm still mourning the poor little fishy, he was such a pretty little thing. I'm not really sure if it's appropriate to go back to the shop and ask for a refund, it seems a little mean to my poor dead fish though!

Haha I must admit I've been staring at them all day! Enjoying all the name suggestions - keep them coming! :-D

Offline Resa

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 05:41:13 PM »
As far as refunds go, they have all said here that they don't offer any guarantees, but I would think it was worth an ask as your little chap didn't do well at all, and they might think it was worth the customer goodwill to offer you a replacement for him.....good luck

Resa
  :)

Panda Cory (11) - Otocinclus (2) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (7) - Dwarf Gourami (2) - Red Phantom Tetra (5) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (2) - Otocinclus (2) - Guppy (male) (4) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (6) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) - Panda Cory (6) - Otocinclus (2) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (6) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (5) - Guppy (male) (4) - Otocinclus (2) - Panda Cory (6) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) -

Offline ColinB

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 06:02:04 PM »
My branch of MA offers a 48hour 'warrenty' as long as you take the body in and supply some tank water for them to test. The water has to have 0 NH3, 0 NO2 and <50 NO3 to be considered 'good' water. I suppose that comes from so many people putting fish into an un-cycled tank.

I watch my tank far more than I watch TV.... I find it 'Zen like' in its tranquility..... although I'm constantly plotting on new plants or moving the bog-wood etc. But then I get another glass of wine and sit and contemplate my little slice of under-water life with my cat on my lap. (She's 19 years old today.  8))

EDIT: I suppose that should read....  I'm constantly plotting on new plants to kill.....

Offline ColinB

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2013, 06:09:03 PM »
Enjoying all the name suggestions - keep them coming! :-D

My naming plan had a theme.... the Guppies were named after charactors in 'The Herb Garden' like Parsley, Dill, Sage, Basil, Chive, Tarragon etc (until I ran out of names and just went with general herbs) and my Platies were named after food, so I had Rhubarb, Crumble, Custard, Fudge and Biscuit.

You could, perhaps, chose a program, or book charactors etc to call yours after. Just a thought.

Offline jesnon

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2013, 06:39:20 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions re: refund, i havent kept the body but will contact them anyway and see what they say. I'm now a little worried about my little blue guy. He seemed slower today than yesterday and in the last 20 minutes or so has been floating up in the corner. The teo barb endlers keep coming into the corner and hassling him, it's almost like he's guarding it and fending them off. When i lifted up the hood to top up evaporation loss he came out like the others expecting food. He was swimming atound but has gone back to the corner now. Is this something to worry about? Or are they just sorting out a pecking order and he just likes that corner!? It's at the top of the tank with one of the plastic plants.

Offline Sue

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2013, 10:18:21 AM »
I have about 8 male endlers in my 12 litre. I'm not sure exactly how many, it is impossible to count them. By and large they stick together as a group - they 'school' better than my tetras. But there are always one or two off by themselves. Only once has this proved to be a problem. About a month ago, one of the loners had a white patch on his back near the dorsal fin. I managed to catch him for examination and when I could see him properly it looked like a patch of skin had been removed completely. I do wonder of he caught himself on the heater and burned himself - you know for yourself the mad way they swim. He is the only loner which has had something wrong.
What I'm getting round to us that they sometimes do go off by themselves, and it isn't always necessarily something wrong.

Did you get all the endlers from the same shop? If the blue ones came from a different shop from all the others, that could be the explanation as to why the others are OK. Or it could be that there is some genetic defect been inbred into the blue ones.

Offline jesnon

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2013, 10:41:18 AM »
Thanks Sue, I think I was just being a little paranoid as he was a pair with the one that died. Eek your poor little endler, I wonder what happened to him. He seems perfectly happy today though. He is still being picked on by the others :-( I think it doesn't help that the three more traditional coloured endlers all came from Pets at Home, and the three other 'green' endlers came from Maidenhead, whereas he's now the only one of his 'kind' in the tank from a different shop entirely. Poor little guy! I've asked the shop for a refund / replacement of his previous tank mate, if I got another one like him would he be less likely to be picked on? I have noticed the green endlers squabbling amongst themselves and one of the 'normal' endlers swims off on his own a lot. Something odd I did notice about my little blue guy are his eyes. This morning they looked just like all the others when I first sat down with the tank, and then when he was getting hassled his eyes looked bigger like they'd gone black all over and the white had disappeared. They've gone back to normal again now. Not sure if my eyes are just playing tricks with me!? They still all seem a bit confused by the mirror edge and keep swimming at themselves apart from the blue one that's much too sensible for such things!

If I were to get another fish to replace my poor deceased one, how long should I wait before adding it to the tank? I'm just hoping that if I get one the same as the little blue guy he won't be bullied as much.

Offline Sue

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2013, 10:59:02 AM »
I have one endler described as a black neon by the chap I bought him from. I have one tiger endler, a few black bar type and a few that I have no idea what variety they are. I saw one in a tank and bought him, the rest are his sons. The closest they look is wild type endler. The one that was sick (possibly burned) was a red stripe type. I have not noticed one colour being picked on. They will chase round the tank with the 'pack' persuing one fish, but the target fish changes.

Since the blue ones came from a different shop from the others I would be inclined to say it is either that batch of fish that are sickly, or that particular colour has had some defect bred into them. As for buying more, so long as your water stats (ammonia, nitrite) are OK, adding one fish to a group of 7 shouldn't harm things from the filter point of view. But if you go back to the shop with the blues, check the tank thoroughly. Look for any dead or sick ones in there. Ask the owner outright - have you had any problems with the fish in this tank. It could be that he has had a few deaths, in which case I would not get any more from there. But if the fish all look fit and healthy and you believe the owner when he says he's not had ant problems, then get another one.

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "My new endlers!"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
2 Replies
Last post August 14, 2013, 05:51:02 PM
by Cinders
11 Replies
Last post September 07, 2013, 04:52:11 PM
by jesnon
13 Replies
Last post October 08, 2014, 03:15:46 PM
by Fiona
2 Replies
Last post March 17, 2015, 11:20:09 PM
by Fiona
1 Replies
Last post June 04, 2016, 09:19:49 PM
by Sue

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: