Introducing.... MrB Mk2 (obviously Not His Name!!)

Author Topic: Introducing.... MrB Mk2 (obviously not his name!!)  (Read 5891 times) 17 replies

Offline jesnon

• Superstar Think Fishy Member
Introducing.... MrB Mk2 (obviously not his name!!)
« on: October 28, 2014, 06:30:09 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Well... I thought I would introduce you all to my new betta!

He's already been begging me for food and showing off next to me. Hopefully I have better look with him, I just looked at some photos of the original Mr Betta  :(

It's hard to see him in these photos well, but he's blue almost pearlescent bodied with a black nose, and a full orange tail with blue around the outside - a very pretty fish! He seems to have a great personality too from the little time we've spent together! I know Resa won't approve of him due to his orange tail!!

You can see Bow and Oz in the background. Again everyone is completely ignoring each other, so all is good so far!

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Endler's Livebearer (8) - Panda Cory (4) - Cherry Barb (3) - Galaxy Rasbora (6) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline ColinB

Re: Introducing.... MrB Mk2 (obviously not his name!!)
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 06:32:46 PM »
Good lookin' fish!

....and just what's wrong with calling him MrB?.....eh?....eh? :))

Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline fishcake76

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 06:43:10 PM »
Hey jesnon,

He's gorgeous!!!!

I found this website and thought of you!!!!! ;)

fc76

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 07:03:45 PM »
Gorgeous looking betta  ;D

Offline Diz1

• Tropical Fish FTW!
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 07:36:39 PM »
Very handsome, I haven't seen one that colour before. What's wrong with an orange tail by the way ( just being nosy)?

Offline jesnon

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 07:48:57 PM »
Very handsome, I haven't seen one that colour before. What's wrong with an orange tail by the way ( just being nosy)?

Nothing at all, unless you're Resa she hates the colour orange!

Good lookin' fish!

....and just what's wrong with calling him MrB?.....eh?....eh? :))

Nothing at all ColinB hehe.  Just perhaps not very original!!

And thank you all :-) Thanks for the link FC hopefully MrB2 will have a mange soon!!

Endler's Livebearer (8) - Panda Cory (4) - Cherry Barb (3) - Galaxy Rasbora (6) -

Offline Resa

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 08:58:44 AM »
I know Resa won't approve of him due to his orange tail!!

I think he's beautiful, Jesnon.....that's not what I call orange ( :sick: ) I'd say it's more like an exotic apricot sunset  ;) He looks like he's ready to go on 'Strictly' and do a fab waltz!

Panda Cory (11) - Otocinclus (2) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (7) - Dwarf Gourami (2) - Red Phantom Tetra (5) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (2) - Otocinclus (2) - Guppy (male) (4) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (6) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) - Panda Cory (6) - Otocinclus (2) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (6) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (5) - Guppy (male) (4) - Otocinclus (2) - Panda Cory (6) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) -

Offline Diz1

• Tropical Fish FTW!
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 09:15:51 AM »
Ooh, I like that description Resa! So much nicer (and true) than orange. Is this quite an unusual colour for a Betta, i haven't seen it before? :)

Offline Resa

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 09:24:31 AM »
Hi Diz :wave:

I have seen some orangey (  :sick: ) bettas in my LFS, but there always seem to be more bluey, green or red ones...here at least. My own betta, Rafe, was the most stunning deep, inky blue, (RIP Rafey :'() There is a pic of him on the gallery, I'd do a link but I'm rubbish at that!
I toy with the idea of getting another betta myself, but Rafe was so lovely and friendly...to all his tankmates too, that I worry I wouldn't get another that was so tolerant :-\

Panda Cory (11) - Otocinclus (2) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (7) - Dwarf Gourami (2) - Red Phantom Tetra (5) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (2) - Otocinclus (2) - Guppy (male) (4) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (6) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) - Panda Cory (6) - Otocinclus (2) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (6) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (5) - Guppy (male) (4) - Otocinclus (2) - Panda Cory (6) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) -

Offline Diz1

• Tropical Fish FTW!
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 09:36:26 AM »
Hi Resa :wave:
Yes, that's my issue with my main tank. I'd worry about aggression if I put a Betta in there. I've set up a tank for a Betta on it's own and I'm waiting to find the right Betta to put in there (with a snail if he'll tolerate it). My problem where I live (as described in earlier threads) is the choice and quality of the fish available.
I'm sure that patience will bring it's rewards however, and I'll eventually find the Betta that's right for me!  :)

Offline Resa

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2014, 09:39:42 AM »
 :yikes: On that subject, I just popped over to the gallery to see if my pics were still up, (they are :) ) and I realised on looking at the date that they were taken over a year ago, now I'm fretting that I'd better have a look on 'Planet Catfish', and see how long Cories live for...bit frightened to though! Am I getting close to some fishy heartbreak, I wonder?

Offline Resa

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2014, 09:53:20 AM »
Sorry Diz, you had replied whilst I was typing. A betta is DEFINITELY worth getting. I know some people don't like them and all their finery, but they do have such lovely characters. For what it's worth, I think you should wait, 'cos when you find the betta for you, you will know :) Rafe chose me more than the other way around. He was curious and friendly and followed my finger well when I stroked the tank he was in...well, not really a tank, you know how they keep bettas in the LFS's :yikes:

Rafe wasn't supposed to be in my main tank, but his own suddenly sprang a leak, and I put him in an isolation pod that hung inside the main tank, as a stop gap until I could sort something out. Imagine my horror, when I was sitting just looking at the tank, wondering what didn't look right with that picture, to realise that Rafe had actually jumped out of the pod and was swimming around with all the others! He was like a naughty teenager who had climbed out of their window to meet their mates ;) My heart froze as I envisaged carnage and bloodshed all around, especially as he was now in with my Dwarf Gourami. Anyway, as you can see from my pics they struck up a brilliant friendship, and used to hang out together all the time, and I didn't once witness a 'fins-at -dawn' moment between them. He was a real gentleman...I do miss him :(

Offline Diz1

• Tropical Fish FTW!
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2014, 10:04:32 AM »
What a brilliant story!
I can just picture your reaction when you realised what was happening!
I did have a bit of a wobbly moment wondering whether I should go ahead and get a Betta, but I've thought it through and decided to go ahead.
Now, as you say, it's just a matter of waiting for the right one. Watch this space, I'll post when there's been any development! :)

Offline Resa

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2014, 10:10:22 AM »
Looking forward to it :)

Offline jesnon

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2014, 06:05:35 PM »
I know Resa won't approve of him due to his orange tail!!

I think he's beautiful, Jesnon.....that's not what I call orange ( :sick: ) I'd say it's more like an exotic apricot sunset  ;) He looks like he's ready to go on 'Strictly' and do a fab waltz!

I love that description of him Resa!

And Diz you definitely need to keep us updated about your Betta seeking!

Well MrB2 seems to be getting on OK in the tank. He seems a little shy in the tank, or at least has decided he likes resting on the plants in the corners of the tank, however he's very friendly when he sees me and comes up to the sides of the tank to say hello! And to beg for food of course!

I've been thinking of names, I was pondering Tango since it seemed to suit his flamboyant appearance and colouring, and then a friend of mine suggested Curaçao (a blue liqueur that tastes of orange) which I thought was very clever. Will let you all know when I've decided!

Offline jesnon

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2014, 06:53:43 PM »
So I realised I never updated!

I went with Curacao in the end, but mostly call him Carrie / Cura.

He's getting on well in the tank everyone seems happy so far!

Here's some photos of him showing off!

Offline Robert

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2014, 09:21:05 AM »
Great looking fish! :)

Clown Barb (5) - Banded Rainbowfish (2) - Bolivian Ram (4) - Angelfish (1) - Checkered Barb (18) - African Red Eye (4) - Cherry Barb (6) - Neon Tetra (8) - Golden Panchax (1) -

Offline brian c

• Super Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish FTW!
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2014, 02:17:01 AM »
that is one nice lookin' fish.

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "Introducing.... MrB Mk2 (obviously not his name!!)"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
8 Replies
Last post December 23, 2014, 08:43:42 PM
by fcmf
22 Replies
Last post January 29, 2018, 02:01:20 PM
by Sue
0 Replies
Last post January 28, 2018, 04:54:14 PM
by Sue
5 Replies
Last post December 04, 2019, 05:57:27 PM
by Littlefish

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: