Advice Please External Filter For Trigon 190 And Moving To Set Up

Author Topic: Advice please External filter for Trigon 190 and moving to set up  (Read 2870 times) 2 replies

Offline Cherry Margot

• SuperHero
  • Fishy Contributor
  • Tropical Fish Keeper
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Any advice anyone can give me for a good external filter for my Trigon 190?
Needs to be really easy to set up as my skills are minimal, and easy to change and clean any media
Also not sure how I'm going to move the thing sufficiently to get the pipes down the back as it's so near the wall, will I need to empty it to move it a few inches?
Thank you

Offline Littlefish

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
  • aka Donna
Re: Above please External filter for Trigon 190 and moving to set up
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 03:10:22 PM »
I've had a quick look at the aquarium online because I'm not familiar with this one and the fit of the lid can be a limiting factor when considering an external filter.
From the pictures & descriptions I could find it appears that the tank comes with an internal filter and it has a flat fitting lid.
Are there any gaps towards the back of the lid where hoses could be fitted? Or are the gaps only large enough for the cables of an internal filter & heater?
Are there any holes in the back of the cabinet that hoses could go through to go on to a filter housed in the cabinet?
I have a few Fluval Roma tanks, and the lids are not really designed for external filter hoses either. Putting hoses through the gaps means the lid won't sit flat, unless you are prepared to try to carve some larger holes.

As for external filters for that size of tank, I've used the Fluval 307 on a 200L tank. It is quite easy to set up & use, but for your lid the hoses would be a bit of a problem.
I've also used the Aquamanta 300, which feels a bit less sturdy (but has never caused any problems) and the button/pump to start the filter can be a bit stiff. It uses thinner hose, so may be easier to fit in a tank designed for an internal filter, but I couldn't lay the lid of the Roma completely flat when using any external filter.

Hopefully one of the others will have experience with your exact model of aquarium and will be able to give more specific advice.  :)

Offline Cherry Margot

• SuperHero
  • Fishy Contributor
  • Tropical Fish Keeper
Re: Above please External filter for Trigon 190 and moving to set up
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 04:10:04 PM »
Thank you for your reply. I would need to cut holes in the lid as there are none and the grooves in the glass are only just sufficient for electrical cables
Useful to know that some of the externals do have thinner tubes. If I could get some sufficiently flexible and narrow then I might be able to get away without moving the tank, which would be a relief.
The internal filter has actually come away and needs resticking so it seems the right time to do it. It's a right wet faff getting to the internal to do maintenance, especially when you are short  ;)

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "Advice please External filter for Trigon 190 and moving to set up"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
4 Replies
Last post April 29, 2014, 04:22:50 PM
by Sue
3 Replies
Last post January 14, 2015, 08:47:22 PM
by Sanjo
3 Replies
Last post March 20, 2015, 12:35:59 PM
by Sue
7 Replies
Last post April 04, 2016, 08:08:44 PM
by Paddyc
8 Replies
Last post June 16, 2016, 11:13:19 PM
by Evolution Stu
6 Replies
Last post November 26, 2016, 03:42:09 PM
by fcmf
13 Replies
Last post March 28, 2019, 08:17:52 PM
by Sue

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: