CC Not Saving

Author Topic: CC not saving  (Read 3080 times) 6 replies

Offline EvelynH

• Nano hobbyist
CC not saving
« on: March 13, 2020, 12:46:45 AM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Hello, all! My first post. I made an account specifically to ask this so here goes:

I've been trying to use the Community Creator. But it's not saving my tanks. I'm logged in, I put in my tank dimensions and one kind of fish I have CPD's in a 94.6 L long tank with a very oversized external filter with an oversized internal one also.

But the issue comes when I press "save/update tank" it presents a pop-up saying that "thinkfish.co.uk has encountered an error - please retry."

I've been trying off and on for 72hrs now.

My first question is am I stupid and don't know what I'm doing with this?
Second question is has anyone else experienced this? If so how do I fix it.

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Rosy Barb (4) - Sparkling Gourami (1) - Celestial Pearl Danio (10) - Otocinclus (4) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
Re: CC not saving
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 11:22:15 AM »
I just had a play with the CC and created a new fictional tank using Tank 2

Opened the CC page by selecting cherry barb from the fish profiles
Logged in to the CC - image CC 1
Added tank length and volume, and clicked save - image CC 2
In the cherry barb profile, clicked on "add the cherry barb to your tank", and amended the number form 1 to 6.
Clicked save/update - image CC 3

The CC added my tank details, added cherry barbs and saved the tank.
I then logged out and back in and the tank saved was still there. Tank 1 was the tank displayed, I had to select tank 2 to see the one I just created.

Did you do the same as me when you got the error message?

Offline Robert

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 05:18:30 PM »
Thanks for that Sue

Also EvelynH  :isay:  maybe it's your web browser?

Some browsers play games so you could remedy things by using a browser that has no known issues like Google chrome for instance.

Let me know if the issues persists after following Sue's instructions and your operating system  and I'll try and replicate the issue.

Screen shots too if you have them robert < at > thinkfish.co.uk

Clown Barb (5) - Banded Rainbowfish (2) - Bolivian Ram (4) - Angelfish (1) - Checkered Barb (18) - African Red Eye (4) - Cherry Barb (6) - Neon Tetra (8) - Golden Panchax (1) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline EvelynH

• Nano hobbyist
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 10:41:21 PM »
Hello, thanks for your response. I am still having issues, even after following the guide down to the type of fish. Same results. I am attaching my screenshots of the error message and what it looks like after I clear the message.

I am using the Google Pixel 3XL . My browser is  Google Chrome and desktop site enabled.

Rosy Barb (4) - Sparkling Gourami (1) - Celestial Pearl Danio (10) - Otocinclus (4) -

Offline Robert

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 10:53:11 PM »
Try dropping  the decimal point in the volume. Round it up or down. I think that’s possibly the issue

Clown Barb (5) - Banded Rainbowfish (2) - Bolivian Ram (4) - Angelfish (1) - Checkered Barb (18) - African Red Eye (4) - Cherry Barb (6) - Neon Tetra (8) - Golden Panchax (1) -

Offline EvelynH

• Nano hobbyist
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2020, 11:05:07 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 1
Wow. I feel like an idiot. That worked perfectly. Thank you so much Robert!

Offline Robert

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2020, 11:06:58 PM »
No, it’s poor programming really! Glad it’s sorted for you  :))

Tags:

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: