Author Topic: Thank you  (Read 4040 times) 3 replies

Offline fish-friends

• Super Subscriber!
  • Fishy Member
Thank you
« on: February 04, 2017, 11:02:32 AM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Hey, I've not been online for a couple of weeks,
I posted about a poorly tetra and sue gave me much needed information about my new tank! Unfortunately I lost two tetras I think it was already too late for the little guys and my new tank wasn't cycled properly (something the pet store does not tell you!) looking back I wish I had of known about the fishless cycle! I did a water change daily to get rid of the ammonia and nitrite in the water, tested daily and got my water safe for my fishies  :fishy1:

But thanks to this forum and sue  :) I now have a very happy tank, I got 4 new tetras so I have 6, I waited a couple of weeks and got two red cherry shrimp and two albino corydorus 
(I was slightly worried for a few days that the shrimp had been eaten!) but they were just hiding and have shed their skin twice they have doubled in size I love watching them they have been very busy cleaning on the heater, he has done the top and has now started the bottom.
My two corydorus have settled in well and have done a good job helping keep my white sand clean. Fascinating to watch!
And as for the tetras I can tell they are so much happier they are green flame tetras and a couple of weeks ago looked a silver colour with a slight hint of red underneath,
Now they are a lovely silvery green with bright red!! And two have black on there top fins they look like different fish  :)
So I just wanted to post to say thank you for saving my tank & fish  :fishy1:

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
Re: Thank you
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 11:13:32 AM »
Thank you for those kind words  :)

Can I suggest at least 2 more cories of the same species as they are shoaling fish too  :)

Offline fish-friends

• Super Subscriber!
  • Fishy Member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 03:33:03 PM »
You are welcome I think without your advice I would of lost all my original tetras, I've only just added the corys shall I wait a week before adding a couple more?
My tank will then have 6 flame tetras 4 albino corys and two red cherry shrimp would you say that would Be the right about for a 55L tank
(I'm already planning where a bigger tank could go)  :fishy1:

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 04:34:05 PM »
That sounds fine.

Tags:

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: