Me Again....

Author Topic: Me again....  (Read 10434 times) 45 replies

Offline ColinB

• Superstar Think Fishy Member
Me again....
« on: March 06, 2014, 08:25:10 AM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Hello old and new members. I thought I'd re-introduce myself 'cos all my login info, post count, messages etc had been deleted while I was away.

For those who knew me.... I get a bad case of the winter blues, or SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) and this winter has been so gray and grim that it hit me far worse than usual. So I tend to curl up and hibernate and keep to myself. A few weeks of bright, crisp weather would've been all it took.... but alas, it was not to be. I feel a winter holiday coming on for next year!

So I'm back.... with very little to report apart from one dead guppy. He was very old, so no probs there.

Looking forward to making lots of flippant comments and being no particular use to anybody.

Colin

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
Re: Me again....
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 08:43:58 AM »
Hi Colin, we'd been wondering where you were  ;D We'd noticed from your posts that were labelled as guest and that you were no longer in the member list. I'm sorry to hear you have not been well; hope you are feeling better now that the sun has made a re-appearance.

There have been some changes in the last couple of weeks. We now have a new admin, Robert, who has taken over the website running from Peter - Peter told me that Robert is a better web developer than him.

And I'm a moderator  :o .

Offline SteveS

• With apologies to M.C.Escher
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 08:45:25 AM »
Hi Colin, Long time no "see". Welcome home!

Looking forward to making lots of flippant comments and being no particular use to anybody.
You're batting 1000 so far!  :)) (As you can see my ram-tank-like charm has survived the Great Flood!)

Angelfish (1) - Panda Cory (10) - Harlequin Rasbora (10) - Otocinclus (10) - Japonica Shrimp (10) - Honey Gourami (10) - Galaxy Rasbora (10) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline ColinB

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 08:56:27 AM »
Thanks Sue........ *gasp* I am not worthy........ ;D ;D ;D

Does this mean I can't be rude to you anymore??

Thanks Steve..... glad to see nothing's changed with you. Can we gang-up on Sue??

Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -

Offline Robert

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 09:35:01 AM »
Hi ColinB

Sorry to hear you've been unwell and apologies about your loss of posts. I do know that at some point in the past (before my tenure)   there was a big loss of data which was unrecoverable.

If you can let me know the username you had, then I'll look to see if there's a way of attributing your past efforts (assuming I can find them)

:cheers:

Clown Barb (5) - Banded Rainbowfish (2) - Bolivian Ram (4) - Angelfish (1) - Checkered Barb (18) - African Red Eye (4) - Cherry Barb (6) - Neon Tetra (8) - Golden Panchax (1) -

Offline Sue

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 10:01:33 AM »
Since Colin is off line at the moment -
He was ColinB before as well. This is one of the last posts I could find for him.

Offline Robert

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 10:08:07 AM »
Since Colin is off line at the moment -
He was ColinB before as well. This is one of the last posts I could find for him.

Thanks Sue, I'll take a look when I get back, if it's possible to attribute I will :)

Clown Barb (5) - Banded Rainbowfish (2) - Bolivian Ram (4) - Angelfish (1) - Checkered Barb (18) - African Red Eye (4) - Cherry Barb (6) - Neon Tetra (8) - Golden Panchax (1) -

Offline Resa

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 10:19:38 AM »
Yay :wave: :wave: :wave: You're back!!!
I'm glad you're feeling a bit brighter.....Spring has sprung!

Lots of changes, huh? It's still the best fishy-site around though....and their sister sites, like 'Thinkcat', are up too! Robert has done lots of work on the site and is very open to suggestions...but probably only polite ones :)) Me, being particularly shallow, especially likes the new little icons ;) On that subject, what does the little man with the shades and the rather fetching hairdo mean, I wonder? It doesn't say when you hover over him ??? I'd better not use that one until I know ;)

Now, let me see, what else has happened? Sue has told you she's now a Mod. I think that means she gets a company scooter and a parka :) She does get a badge....bigger fishies than everyone else!
Jesnon is still here...although she apparently has spent a couple of weeks in a well known frozen food supermarket recently...on holiday, she said ???
No sign of Dutchy for a while, so I am really hoping that it's not because of the flooding, given he lives in Dorset.
Steve, as you saw, is still here...oh joy of joys ;D He sadly, was unable to get a refund from the charm school he attended :)) :)) :))

We have lots of new folks too, so should have some good pics coming, as there's lots of new tanks up and coming.

Sorry to hear about your guppy, but as you said, at least he was old.

Looking forward to having someone else on here...other than me, who can be of no discernible use to anyone for anything ;D Except of course, that you know about science, water chemistry, fish, plants, tanks....mmm..so not much really ;)

Welcome Home :cheers:

Panda Cory (11) - Otocinclus (2) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (7) - Dwarf Gourami (2) - Red Phantom Tetra (5) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (2) - Otocinclus (2) - Guppy (male) (4) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (6) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) - Panda Cory (6) - Otocinclus (2) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (6) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (5) - Guppy (male) (4) - Otocinclus (2) - Panda Cory (6) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) -

Offline ColinB

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 11:25:17 AM »
Hi ColinB

Sorry to hear you've been unwell and apologies about your loss of posts. I do know that at some point in the past (before my tenure)   there was a big loss of data which was unrecoverable.

If you can let me know the username you had, then I'll look to see if there's a way of attributing your past efforts (assuming I can find them)

:cheers:

Thanks for the welcome, Robert. I had 500odd posts (alot of them very odd and pointless)....

Is the NSA watching ThinkFish as a hotbed of sedition.... or does the verification interrogation cease after a number of posts??? ;) ;)

Offline ColinB

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 11:29:08 AM »
Thanks for the welcome, Resa.  :wave: :wave: :wave:
It's great to know you're still here.... let the protracted pointless posting proceed.

Offline Resa

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 11:42:37 AM »
Aaah...the good old days ;)

Panda Cory (11) - Otocinclus (2) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (7) - Dwarf Gourami (2) - Red Phantom Tetra (5) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (2) - Otocinclus (2) - Guppy (male) (4) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (6) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) - Panda Cory (6) - Otocinclus (2) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (6) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (5) - Guppy (male) (4) - Otocinclus (2) - Panda Cory (6) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) -

Offline Robert

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2014, 11:55:13 AM »

Is the NSA watching ThinkFish as a hotbed of sedition.... or does the verification interrogation cease after a number of posts??? ;) ;)

:) Hi ColinB

I'm assuming it's asking you to verify far too often? Let me take a look at that and see if I can reduce it.

:)

Edit: Ok, you shouldn't see verification after making 3 posts. let me know if it persists!

Offline Resa

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2014, 12:21:10 PM »
You wait until Robert has put the eyeball recognition software on 8)

Offline ColinB

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2014, 12:24:43 PM »
:) Hi ColinB

I'm assuming it's asking you to verify far too often? Let me take a look at that and see if I can reduce it.

:)

Edit: Ok, you shouldn't see verification after making 3 posts. let me know if it persists!

Thanks for re-setting my post count Robert....... it looks like I spend far too long on here now :)) :))

And it looks like I've been classified as "Harmless" (or more likely... "pointless") as the verification interrogation has ceased. That water-boarding was getting a bit tiresome  ;) ;)

Offline Robert

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2014, 12:27:57 PM »

Thanks for re-setting my post count Robert....... it looks like I spend far too long on here now :)) :))

And it looks like I've been classified as "Harmless" (or more likely... "pointless") as the verification interrogation has ceased. That water-boarding was getting a bit tiresome  ;) ;)

Haha! Hovers over revert button  ;)

What a great idea! Retina interrogation! :D

Offline ColinB

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2014, 12:28:44 PM »

I've had to post him one of my eyeballs so he can photocopy it. 8)

Offline Sue

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2014, 12:44:20 PM »
Now that you've got your post count back you could always apply to join me - Robert has been looking for volunteers here. Shouldn't leave all that power in my hands  ::)

Offline Resa

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2014, 01:03:53 PM »
Ooo Colin....you've got your post count back....now you can join us on the Top Secret Board, (it's just for people with no life, and nothing better to do than post on here all day ;)) although I dread to think what you might have to send Robert through the post to access that ???

Offline ColinB

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2014, 01:23:30 PM »
Now that you've got your post count back you could always apply to join me - Robert has been looking for volunteers here. Shouldn't leave all that power in my hands  ::)

Sue, Sue, Sue. You, of all people, know that I'm neither sensible nor responsible enough to be entrusted with any sort function on this forum other than blathering on about stuff other people know far more about. I wish it were otherwise, but my fishkeeping experience is too limited for me to feel comfortable being remotely thought of as someone guruish (is that a word?)...... especially where living creatures are concerned. I'm more than happy if I actually remember to feed my fish..... and I'm so weak that my fish can fool me into believing that I've actually forgotton if I've remembered correctly or not :-[

I'm more than happy with your benevolent dictatorship  ;D Democracy seems to be having a hard time in the world at the moment.

Offline ColinB

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2014, 01:26:02 PM »
Ooo Colin....you've got your post count back....now you can join us on the Top Secret Board, (it's just for people with no life, and nothing better to do than post on here all day ;)) although I dread to think what you might have to send Robert through the post to access that ???

I've just gone and bought a big jiffy-bag! Robert might want to arrange to be out for a few days :P :P

Tags:

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: