Introduce Yourself!

Author Topic: Introduce yourself!  (Read 214099 times) 715 replies

Offline Skull

• Fishy Member
Re: Introduce yourself!
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2012, 08:19:04 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Hello new to the forum,but have used think fish since I started 12 month ago it's been like my bible.my tank is a aqua one 165 litre ,just posted some pictures on the gallery

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Harlequin Rasbora (10) - Panda Cory (12) - Zebra Loach (3) - Neon Tetra (10) - Rummy Nose Tetra (10) - Cardinal Tetra (10) - Cherry Barb (3) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (3) - Fiveband Barb (4) - X-ray Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (3) - Zebra Loach (2) - Rummy Nose Tetra (2) - Panda Cory (10) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (1) - Harlequin Rasbora (6) - White Cloud Mountain Minnow (3) - Glowlight Tetra (7) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2012, 08:29:53 AM »
Hi Skull, I'd seen your post in the gallery and was just waiting for the pics   :)

Offline Skull

• Fishy Member
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2012, 07:25:46 PM »
Yes sorry,did it a bit back to front

Harlequin Rasbora (10) - Panda Cory (12) - Zebra Loach (3) - Neon Tetra (10) - Rummy Nose Tetra (10) - Cardinal Tetra (10) - Cherry Barb (3) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (3) - Fiveband Barb (4) - X-ray Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (3) - Zebra Loach (2) - Rummy Nose Tetra (2) - Panda Cory (10) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (1) - Harlequin Rasbora (6) - White Cloud Mountain Minnow (3) - Glowlight Tetra (7) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Lellynelly

• Fishy Member
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2012, 08:30:11 PM »
Wayhay! forum back!
I will introduce myself. I'm Lellynelly. I have a community tropical aquarium that I set up in October 2010 housing a variety of fish, Harlequin Rasboras, Neon tetras, Mollies, Platys, Plecs, Catfish, and a pair of dwarf aquatic frogs. I am just in the process now of setting up my first marine aquarium from scratch, whcih I am planning will eventually house soft corals, and a few fish.

Offline Chucklett

• Super Fishy Member
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2012, 08:24:06 AM »
Hi Lellynelly, and welcome  :)

Did you have another username before? I dont remember you, sorry!

Sounds like a nice mature tank you have..... and wow - a marine setup on the way, awesome!! Julia has a marine tank - Im sure you two will be swapping notes and tips! Look forward to a pic in the gallery  ;)

Offline Lellynelly

• Fishy Member
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2012, 01:05:30 PM »
I think my previous name might have been Mummy.
here is my my one day old marine set-up

Offline Chucklett

• Super Fishy Member
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2012, 09:08:55 PM »
Dont recall "Mummy" either!

Looking great at only a day old  :)
I totally love corals - they simply fascinate me. They are so beautfiul and I find it quite amazing they are actually a living "thing", more than "just a plant". Maybe one day I'll get the courage for a marine set up.....  ::)

Offline Mervyn

• Super Fishy Member
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2012, 12:46:05 PM »
Hi,
I have only just started an aquariium and am in my 60's  ;) I have a new rio 180 and it is on its 4th day of a fishless cycle.
I am sure that I will have many.many questions but first I will take a look around you place if I may.

I have no doubt I will be a regular
Cheers
Mervyn

Bristlenose Plec (2) - Golden Barb (8) - Angelfish (8) - Platy (8) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Panda Cory (8) - Rosy Barb (7) - Boeseman's Rainbowfish (7) -

Offline Sue

« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2012, 01:46:31 PM »
Hi Mervyn,

There are a couple of us older fish keepers on Thinkfish, I'm only a couple of years younger than you  ;D

There are lots of articles by the site owner and the forum on the old Thinkfish was a very friendly place to exchange views - hopefully the new site is as well! Ask as many questions as you want, the only silly thing is not asking  :)

Offline chewie1971

« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2012, 11:39:34 PM »
Hi
I've been keeping fish for a little over two years,although as a child i kept goldfish and caught fish from the local river!they never lived for that long and now i know why!lol

I started with a 60L tank that was given to me and patiently waited for it to be ready for my first fish which helped with the cycling!my first fish was a common plec and a black molly,the black molly later gave birth to about 20 little fry and it was then that i was hooked!

Over the 2 years or so i have upgraded my tank to a 450L AQUA ONE 1530XL and it looks impressive along with the fish that i have,it's a community tank with an assortment of Gourami's, Tinfoil barbs,Black widow tetras and some large specimens of common plec one being 13 inches long, and yes i still have my first plec and that one is 9 inches long along with a couple more!

I also have a 130L coldwater tank with a couple of bristlenose plecs that are quite comfortable being in a tank with Goldfish.
I am also experienced in moving large tanks as have moved my larger one 3 times with no loss of fish!I'm looking forward to learning more about this hobby that i have gained so much enjoyment from!and sharing my experiences with others too

Offline Sue

« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2012, 11:49:39 AM »
Hi Chewie, welcome to Thinkfish.

That was a big jump from 60 to 450 litres  ;D I'd love a tank that big but my husband seems to think we need furniture in the lounge  ???

Edited for spelling  :-[

Offline Sue

« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2012, 11:56:08 AM »
I've just noticed - that was my 100th post and I'm now a full member  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Don

• Fishy Member
« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2012, 08:32:50 AM »
Awsome congrates sue. Im having the same problem no matter what way i put it my wife is not convinced replacing a sofa with a 6 foot tank is a good idea.

Golden Pencilfish (25) - Panda Cory (20) - Panda Dwarf Cichlid (2) - Lampeye Panchax (15) - Bristlenose Plec (2) - Discus (7) - Sparkling Gourami (8) - Japonica Shrimp (10) - Bristlenose Plec (3) -

Offline Chucklett

• Super Fishy Member
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2012, 08:58:25 AM »
Don - Try: "A 6ft tank is more relaxing than a sofa"  ;D (cant argue with the truth!!!!!!)

Congratulations Sue  :)

Offline Don

• Fishy Member
« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2012, 11:12:24 AM »
Haha i will, although her argument is guests cant sit on a fish tank. I have howeer managed to get her too agree to a 12x3x3 foot tank when we move in the future and house wil be chosen with this as a consideration  ;D

Golden Pencilfish (25) - Panda Cory (20) - Panda Dwarf Cichlid (2) - Lampeye Panchax (15) - Bristlenose Plec (2) - Discus (7) - Sparkling Gourami (8) - Japonica Shrimp (10) - Bristlenose Plec (3) -

Offline Chucklett

• Super Fishy Member
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2012, 11:34:45 AM »
12 x 3 x 3? You cant mean a 12 foot tank surely  :o That would be a small swimming pool  ;D

Whatever size you meant, you're in the right direction for another tank, albeit you gotta wait a while  :)  Remember, I had to save for about 6 months for my 4-footer, then I had it sat for about 4 months before I could set it up (trying to get the bits & pieces I wanted for it), and THEN I had to watch plants grow for a further 5 months before I could get fish!!!! All good things come to those who wait LOL!  ;)

Offline Don

• Fishy Member
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2012, 11:55:06 AM »
haha i do indeed mean a 12 foot by 3foot by 3foot tank. Think it comes in at 3000ltrs  ;D ;D.

the worst bit is gona be the decor gona need half a beach for the substrate not even thinking about putting a plant layer down, gona use the root tabs. Plus i think im gona need a fork lift to move the bog wood and rocks. Gona filter with external pond filters, was thinking about a sump but the sheer size of it and the pumps required it is cheaper.

ye agree its gona take an age to get ready although i already no the stocking i wana up my wild discus to 30, and have loads and loads of corries plecos and licorice gouramis, basicly my 260ltr on a stupid scale.  ::)

i also wana light it with tmc but i think this may be a bit beyond the budget  :(

haha ye its still a dream but the missus has given it a go ahead and im prepared to wait as long as it takes. Gona try and include it in my redecoration budget, im sure we wont need a new bathroom or kitchen  ::)

Offline SteveS

• With apologies to M.C.Escher
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2012, 12:06:45 PM »
Haha i will, although her argument is guests cant sit on a fish tank. I have howeer managed to get her too agree to a 12x3x3 foot tank when we move in the future and house wil be chosen with this as a consideration  ;D.
You've heard of coffee table aquariums?  Why not try to sell her on the idea of a Sofa aquarium?! :)

Angelfish (1) - Panda Cory (10) - Harlequin Rasbora (10) - Otocinclus (10) - Japonica Shrimp (10) - Honey Gourami (10) - Galaxy Rasbora (10) -

Offline Don

• Fishy Member
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2012, 12:16:12 PM »
Awsome i like that idea. Will bring that up tnite   :D

Offline Chucklett

• Super Fishy Member
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2012, 02:14:36 PM »
Oh my goodness Don, a 12-footer is well worth the wait  ;D I didnt even know you could get tanks that size!!!!! Can you?? The cabinet would have to be made out of concrete with 18ft foundations LOL! I assume this tank isnt going upstairs  :o

You will also need to get a camera with an extremely wide-angle lens so you can post a pic in the gallery  ;D

Word of wisdom from a woman - I wouldnt try to do the wife out of a new kitchen! But hey, who needs a new bathroom anyway?

Wow - I bet you cant wait to move house!!!!!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "Introduce yourself!"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
16 Replies
Last post August 26, 2018, 09:45:32 PM
by Matt
3 Replies
Last post November 12, 2018, 09:27:17 PM
by Matt
8 Replies
Last post November 12, 2018, 09:32:21 PM
by Matt
4 Replies
Last post January 23, 2019, 06:43:10 AM
by Matt
2 Replies
Last post August 08, 2019, 09:10:31 PM
by Littlefish
7 Replies
Last post February 13, 2021, 05:24:28 PM
by Mussoda
0 Replies
Last post July 08, 2021, 01:00:58 AM
by Robert

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: