Hi All

Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 4609 times) 11 replies

Offline Russ_Moz

• Fish Fry
Hi all
« on: March 07, 2014, 07:56:12 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Hi everyone  :wave:

I'm new to fish keeping, but wanted to get a fish tank for my two little girls, so bought a 60 l tank off of a friend.

Now I'm more hooked than they are!

Have been lurking on the forums for weeks now just reading and researching but thought I should say hi  :)

I currently have danios and black neon tetras but am hoping to get some dwarf rainbow fish soon

I've got to say it's been great reading some of the threads on here and you guys give great advice, so keep up the good work

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Zebra Danio (7) - Black Neon Tetra (10) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (6) - Panda Cory (8) - Boeseman's Rainbowfish (6) - Rainbow Shark (1) - Galaxy Rasbora (10) - Neon Tetra (10) - Dwarf Gourami (6) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Robert

• Administrator
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
Re: Hi all
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 08:32:00 PM »
Hey Russ_Moz

Glad to hear that you're finding things useful :)

The people who use this place are first class, there's some brilliant help and advice to be had for sure, hope to see you here regularly!  :cheers:

Clown Barb (5) - Banded Rainbowfish (2) - Bolivian Ram (4) - Angelfish (1) - Checkered Barb (18) - African Red Eye (4) - Cherry Barb (6) - Neon Tetra (8) - Golden Panchax (1) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Resa

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 11:13:54 PM »

Have been lurking on the forums for weeks now

I thought I was being watched 8) :rotfl:

Welcome to the madhouse, Russ Moz :fishy1:

Panda Cory (11) - Otocinclus (2) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (7) - Dwarf Gourami (2) - Red Phantom Tetra (5) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (2) - Otocinclus (2) - Guppy (male) (4) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (6) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) - Panda Cory (6) - Otocinclus (2) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (6) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (5) - Guppy (male) (4) - Otocinclus (2) - Panda Cory (6) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) -

Offline Robert

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 11:24:27 PM »

Have been lurking on the forums for weeks now

I thought I was being watched 8) :rotfl:

Welcome to the madhouse, Russ Moz :fishy1:

:rotfl: vous saucisson!  :D  :raspberries

Clown Barb (5) - Banded Rainbowfish (2) - Bolivian Ram (4) - Angelfish (1) - Checkered Barb (18) - African Red Eye (4) - Cherry Barb (6) - Neon Tetra (8) - Golden Panchax (1) -

Offline Resa

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 11:48:35 PM »
I did the quoty thing....and it worked :D

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me :))

I am LOVING this fishy thing....more please :fishy1:

Panda Cory (11) - Otocinclus (2) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (7) - Dwarf Gourami (2) - Red Phantom Tetra (5) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (2) - Otocinclus (2) - Guppy (male) (4) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (6) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) - Panda Cory (6) - Otocinclus (2) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (6) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (5) - Guppy (male) (4) - Otocinclus (2) - Panda Cory (6) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) -

Offline Robert

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 08:17:30 AM »
I did the quoty thing....and it worked :D

You are getting too good at this Resa, might have to change your tag line to tech genius  8)

I am LOVING this fishy thing....more please :fishy1:

:cheers: fun fun fun! With a fishy flavour!  :fishy1:

Offline ColinB

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 11:04:18 AM »
Hi Russ_Moz  :wave: though I think I've said hello elsewhere.....

About future fish..... you might want to think of getting some 'bottom dwellers' for the tank rather than load up the middle regions. This gives them more elbow room as they grow. We're big fans of Cory Cats on this site and the Panda Cory is a particular favourite of mine....

Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -

Offline daniel_james_taylor

• Super Fishy Member
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 01:28:11 PM »
About future fish..... you might want to think of getting some 'bottom dwellers' for the tank ... We're big fans of Cory Cats on this site

I would second that, I have cories in two of my tanks and they do help balance out the layers. Sterbai cories are a rather nice addition.

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 01:31:30 PM »
Though with just 60 litres, one of the dwarf cory species would be better suited, that's Corydoras pygmaeus, C hastatus and C habrosus. I have 8 pygmies in my 50 litre tank which has the same footprint as my old 60 litre.

Offline Russ_Moz

• Fish Fry
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2014, 09:12:16 AM »
Thanks for the advice guys

I had already thought about getting some Cory's and had seen some Bronze Cory aeneus Which I assumed would be similar to the panda Cory's ?

How many would you recommend? I was thinking of 4

I'm pretty sure I will out grow the 60 l quite quickly but don't want to get anything unsuitable

Zebra Danio (7) - Black Neon Tetra (10) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (6) - Panda Cory (8) - Boeseman's Rainbowfish (6) - Rainbow Shark (1) - Galaxy Rasbora (10) - Neon Tetra (10) - Dwarf Gourami (6) -

Offline Richard W

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 09:37:35 AM »
Bronze (Corydoras aeneus) are one of the bigger species, so would be less suitable for your tank (though cheaper and more easily available) than Pandas and some other smaller species.

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2014, 11:54:03 AM »
If you were to get one of the dwarf species, get 6.
I would refer you to seriously fish to look them up as the database on here only has one of them (habrosus, under salt & pepper cory) but there seems to a problem with the site at the moment. Word of caution about cory common names. There is the dwarf salt & pepper cory and the larger peppered cory, don't get them confused!

I would also recommend keeping cories on sand, or perhaps very smooth gravel. Cories like to grub around on the bottom looking for bits of food. Sharp gravel can cut their mouths, and gravel is harder to keep spotless than sand so these cuts get infected more easily on gravel.

Tags:

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: