Hello

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 10453 times) 32 replies

Offline Rich_D

• Super Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish FTW!
Hello
« on: July 08, 2014, 10:55:05 AM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Hi guys, I've just joined the forum, I've been using this website quite a lot and have a fair few years fish keeping experience, I haven't had a tank for about 4/5 years due to a few things but will be purchasing 1 in the next few weeks and I can't wait to start all over again! Anyway it's nice to meet you all!

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Angelfish (6) - Red Tail Black Shark (1) - Assassin Snail (1) - Japonica Shrimp (1) - Ruby Barb (10) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (10) - Sparkling Gourami (15) - Golden Pencilfish (15) - Angelfish (7) - Japonica Shrimp (9) - Assassin Snail (5) - Panda Cory (8) - Golden Pencilfish (7) - Diamond Tetra (9) - Red Tail Black Shark (1) - Flame Tetra (2) - Bristlenose Plec (2) - Round Banded Barb (10) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline chris213

• Rocking Fishy Member
  • were going to need a bigger tank
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 12:48:46 PM »
hi rich_d

welcome to the forum , do you have any idea what tank or size you will be getting yet

Offline Rich_D

• Super Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish FTW!
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 09:20:41 PM »
Im looking at around 250 to 300 litre tank, my current one is around 150 litres. But it needs a new hood and stand plus a new filter so ive decided to just buy a new tank with all the above as it will only cos alittle more for that anyway.

Angelfish (6) - Red Tail Black Shark (1) - Assassin Snail (1) - Japonica Shrimp (1) - Ruby Barb (10) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (10) - Sparkling Gourami (15) - Golden Pencilfish (15) - Angelfish (7) - Japonica Shrimp (9) - Assassin Snail (5) - Panda Cory (8) - Golden Pencilfish (7) - Diamond Tetra (9) - Red Tail Black Shark (1) - Flame Tetra (2) - Bristlenose Plec (2) - Round Banded Barb (10) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline chris213

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 09:47:35 PM »
cool
i am currently about 4 months into my first tank about 260 liters 5 ft and enjoying it

Offline Rich_D

• Super Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish FTW!
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 11:59:37 PM »
That's good, nice sized tank too! Debating if I'm going to go fish less cycle or silent cycle when I get my tank. All these decisions to make  ;D

Offline chris213

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 07:32:50 AM »
iam not to sure what silent cycling involves , i know most people seem to go down the fish less cycle route on here so that was what i chose for mine :).

Offline ColinB

• Superstar Think Fishy Member
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 07:51:45 AM »
Hello Rich, and welcome to the forum. If you've already got a filter up-and-running then you can seed your new filter from that. Instant cycling!

Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -

Offline Rich_D

• Super Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish FTW!
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 08:40:23 AM »
Silent cycling is adding plants at the start as it speeds up the cycling process aslong as its done right. Going to look at some tanks this evening after work.

Hi Colin, thanks for the welcome. Unfortunately i havent had a running tank for about 3 to 5 years now so no filter medium to use 😒

Offline chris213

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 09:24:25 AM »
:) tank shopping lovely way to spend a evening  :P

Offline Rich_D

• Super Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish FTW!
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2014, 10:38:21 AM »
If it wasnt for work getting in the way id be there all day Chris  ;D

Offline chris213

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2014, 10:48:49 AM »
yes the work thing is most anoying  :rotfl:

Offline Rich_D

• Super Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish FTW!
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2014, 11:33:50 AM »
 :raspberries if only they could pay me to stay at home making fish tanks 

Offline chris213

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2014, 11:54:27 AM »
if only they could pay me to stay at home making fish tanks

:yikes:  making them sounds to much effort , what you really meant was if only they could pay you to stay at home and watch the fish in the tank  :fishy1:

Offline Rich_D

• Super Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish FTW!
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2014, 09:03:39 PM »
  :D  ;)   Actually yes I did mean that god I can't imagine trying to make one!

My shopping trip didn't have any returns tonight though, it's looking like I'll be purchasing my tank online, can't find anything cheaper than the one I've spotted online  :o

Offline chris213

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2014, 09:46:47 PM »
its hard to beat online shopping for price sometimes , ebay has been my arch enemy for a long time lol.  :P

Offline Rich_D

• Super Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish FTW!
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2014, 11:04:19 PM »
Haha ironically this tank is from eBay through "all pond solutions" £315 for a 250 litre tanks with lights and a hood filter and the cabinet too!

Offline chris213

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2014, 07:39:38 AM »
seems a very good deal :)  my 5 ft came second hand from ebay  and one slightly drunken night i bought a 10 ft tank but its just the tank its self so its my winter project to build a stand and to get all the bits for it , i was in two minds if to do a huge tropical tank with it or to do a salt water tank and even thow i have heard there alot harder iam leaning more towards the salt water tank i think so it should be a challange :)

Offline ColinB

• Superstar Think Fishy Member
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2014, 08:53:59 AM »
seems a very good deal :)  my 5 ft came second hand from ebay  and one slightly drunken night i bought a 10 ft tank but its just the tank its self so its my winter project to build a stand and to get all the bits for it , i was in two minds if to do a huge tropical tank with it or to do a salt water tank and even thow i have heard there alot harder iam leaning more towards the salt water tank i think so it should be a challange :)

10ft tank  :yikes:  That'll certainly be a challenge! I'm looking forward to the piccies :)

Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -

Offline Rich_D

• Super Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish FTW!
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2014, 11:25:47 AM »
 ;D took the plunge this morning and decided to buy the 250 litres, I'm limited to 300 litres tops as it's going upstairs in my room and the other half won't let me go bigger. But 250 is plenty enough, it's getting delivered Wednesday next week  ;D

Haha Jesus 10 ft tank????? That's gonna need a serious heavy duty stand!!!! Wish I had space for that! You will have to invite us round for a good look when I've got it sorted Chris!!!

Offline chris213

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2014, 12:55:35 PM »
congratulations on purchasing  your tank , now you have the next tricky task of choosing what will go in it .Bet you are looking forward to next wednesday now  :P

yes 10 ft is a little on the big side but my garage is converted to a bit of  a man cave so there is more than enough room , tbh it wasn,t my intention to buy it but i was running the bids up and got stuck with it lol as for the stand iam a cnc engineer by trade so were currently designing one in are spare time that will have a metal frame work and a wooden exterior but were trying to design it so that everything fits neatly and hidden away.

Tags:

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: