Cycling With Fish? On Yer Bike!

Author Topic: Cycling with fish? on yer bike!  (Read 10683 times) 30 replies

Offline ColinB

• Superstar Think Fishy Member
Re: Cycling with fish? on yer bike!
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2014, 12:34:18 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
The present Australian authority are a bunch of Climate Change denying, xenophobic, homophobic, rich men who think anybody worse off than themselves deserves it. (I have this from an Australian who lives on the west coast in one of the 5 towns where they're proposing to build the mega-ship terminals from where they will export the coal and dump the waste.)

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Richard W

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2014, 01:01:30 PM »
"There's just too many people in Australia for their delicate ecosystem to cope with"
Hardly! Virtually all Aussies live in cities, their population is a fraction of ours in a country many times larger. They just want to keep all the money from exploiting their resources for themselves.

Developing countries are far and away the least polluting, the richer the people the more their country pollutes.

The UK is no better, I'm presently involved in an ecological survey of a site full of wildlife interest, but it is sure to be developed because the developers promise 8,000 jobs will result. Which politician will vote for environment over jobs?

Offline ColinB

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2014, 01:33:06 PM »
The UK is no better, I'm presently involved in an ecological survey of a site full of wildlife interest, but it is sure to be developed because the developers promise 8,000 jobs will result. Which politician will vote for environment over jobs?

Exactly. I live on the HighSpeed 2 rail route - right in the middle of the Chilterns, an AONB. The HS2 is ploughing through many SSSIs and fragile ecologies, but strangely looping round George Osbourne's constituancy. Our MP is Conservative, but somehow absented himself from the vote.

I wonder how many politicians will end up as 'non-execuctive directors' on the HS2 board afterwards?

Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Aquamaid

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2014, 03:10:53 PM »
 :-[Oooh err, these discussions can certainly get "in depth" can't they, well all i can say on the matter now is, Money and Power will usually win over everything else, and sex and religion will always cause problems at every level. As for my fake coral reef, i'm already on plan B.  :)

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2014, 04:13:46 PM »
Sorry Aquamaid, we do have this tendency to go off topic, I'm afraid. Sometimes these meanderings do throw up some good info  ;D But we'll try to get back on topic now.......

Offline Puffin

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2014, 04:19:40 PM »
I don't know the details, but the conservation workers I was volunteering with felt that Australia was overpopulated. Most of the country is desert, so comparing it with ours is perhaps not relevant anyway we dramatically changed our environment hundreds of years ago, perhaps these Aussie environmentalists were hoping not to do the same over there.

Offline Puffin

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2014, 04:20:13 PM »
Sorry Sue!

Offline SteveS

• With apologies to M.C.Escher
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2014, 04:46:00 PM »
:-[Oooh err, these discussions can certainly get "in depth" can't they, well all i can say on the matter now is, Money and Power will usually win over everything else, and sex and religion will always cause problems at every level. As for my fake coral reef, i'm already on plan B.  :)
A warm welcome to the "Off-topic" police.  C:-) It's nice to have some company, the rabble in these parts just doesn't understand discipline I'm afraid!  :rotfl:

Angelfish (1) - Panda Cory (10) - Harlequin Rasbora (10) - Otocinclus (10) - Japonica Shrimp (10) - Honey Gourami (10) - Galaxy Rasbora (10) -

Offline Aquamaid

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2014, 05:15:30 PM »
Well it all adds to the interest of the site  :)) thanks all

Offline ColinB

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2014, 05:26:17 PM »
Well it all adds to the interest of the site  :)) thanks all

Excellent - welcome aboard! We can learn a lot from off-topic stuff so don't worry about Steve, he's cute and cuddly really, though he pretends he isn't.  ;)

Offline dbaggie

• Rocking Fishy Member
  • Fishkeeping - trickier than it looks...
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2014, 06:41:50 PM »
A fake great barrier reef to xenophobic Aussies to HS2 to political corruption - only on ThinkFish!!  :rotfl:

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "Cycling with fish? on yer bike! "

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
0 Replies
Last post September 19, 2012, 03:31:18 PM
by Sue
15 Replies
Last post June 05, 2013, 09:46:39 AM
by Resa
Cycling

Started by ColB « 1 2 » New Fishkeepers

24 Replies
Last post July 29, 2013, 11:46:09 AM
by Sue
1 Replies
Last post April 05, 2014, 11:43:26 AM
by Sue
8 Replies
Last post April 25, 2014, 09:30:30 PM
by Cazzybaby
4 Replies
Last post April 30, 2016, 11:37:16 AM
by Snoopy27
13 Replies
Last post April 13, 2018, 01:33:32 PM
by Sue

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: