Problems With My Little Tank

Author Topic: problems with my little tank  (Read 7930 times) 26 replies

Offline Resa

• Superstar Think Fishy Member
Re: problems with my little tank
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2014, 12:15:10 AM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Ah, Jesnon....I'm really sorry about Rimmer :( I can't believe you've had your little fishy friends for so long...it only seems a few months ago, time really does fly. I hope everyone else in your tank is fine and that you're winning the battle with your algae/dragon snot :P

Congratulations as well on your promotion, I'll raise a glass for you :cheers:

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Panda Cory (11) - Otocinclus (2) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (7) - Dwarf Gourami (2) - Red Phantom Tetra (5) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (2) - Otocinclus (2) - Guppy (male) (4) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (6) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) - Panda Cory (6) - Otocinclus (2) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (6) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (5) - Guppy (male) (4) - Otocinclus (2) - Panda Cory (6) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline ColinB

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2014, 07:53:17 AM »
Sorry to hear that (not the promotion - that's good news), but age will get us all, eventually.

Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline jesnon

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2014, 09:32:01 AM »
Thank you Resa and Colin

I know Resa time really has flown by! Sad to see him go he really was a lovely fish.  I still haven't named my newer three blonde endlers, they've been rather neglected in comparison! As soon as I get home I'll be doing a big water change and trying to sort out the odd things going on.  I haven't had much luck with the algae so far though  unfortunately. It's hard to see on the objects when removed from water and as soon as they're back in the tank I see the algae I didn't get off!

Endler's Livebearer (8) - Panda Cory (4) - Cherry Barb (3) - Galaxy Rasbora (6) -

Offline jesnon

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2014, 05:42:23 PM »
Unfortunately I just lost another endler, my gorgeous little Cat :-( I've now lost all of my green endlers from MA. I'm not sure if there's anything to worry about or not as both Cat and Rimmer were bought at the same time and presumably about the same age. I've done a big water change and will test the water one it's all mixed in to make sure nothing odd is going on. ..

Endler's Livebearer (8) - Panda Cory (4) - Cherry Barb (3) - Galaxy Rasbora (6) -

Offline ColinB

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2014, 06:02:08 PM »
 Oh, sorry 'bout that. It's always a shame, but it does sound like they've grown old..... and they've grown old with somebody who's really looked after them. What more can a fish want?

Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -

Offline jesnon

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2014, 12:25:19 PM »
Oh, sorry 'bout that. It's always a shame, but it does sound like they've grown old..... and they've grown old with somebody who's really looked after them. What more can a fish want?

Very true Colin! I think I'm now being a little paranoid about my little ones, this morning I thought one of the newer fish was acting odd and even convinced myself his tail was ragged. I'm now pretty sure it's always looked like that and he seems happy enough!

I checked all my water 0ppm ammonia 0ppm nitrite and my usual high nitrate of somewhere between 40 and 80ppm, Ph 8.2 so all normal. . Aside from my annoying algae problem and the snails things seem normal. 

I do hate just having 6 endlers though.  It just looks so empty!! And I was particularly fond of their colours.  I always really liked Cat especially because his fins were such a different shape

Offline jesnon

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2014, 12:29:00 PM »
It's also sad that I only have 3 of my original fish Bob, Scutter and Holly / Kryten (I was always terrible about telling them apart!).

I still need to name the three newer fish too!

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "problems with my little tank"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
4 Replies
Last post February 14, 2013, 07:31:19 PM
by pmalipha
34 Replies
Last post October 25, 2014, 07:00:19 PM
by fruitbat
16 Replies
Last post November 12, 2014, 06:41:52 PM
by Sue
5 Replies
Last post October 17, 2015, 04:00:31 PM
by Cod_only_knows
25 Replies
Last post September 10, 2016, 11:48:33 AM
by Fiona
21 Replies
Last post February 29, 2016, 03:48:00 PM
by Fiona
1 Replies
Last post August 07, 2016, 11:26:45 AM
by Sue

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: