Howdi From Scotland !

Author Topic: Howdi from Scotland !  (Read 3347 times) 6 replies

Offline norie_uk

• Fishy Contributor
  • Tropical Fish Forum User
Howdi from Scotland !
« on: July 22, 2018, 06:17:52 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Hi gang been registered a little while without posting until today asking for advice on a sick fish so better give a little info about me.. I got back into fish keeping maybe about 3months ago previously my passion was/is plecs/catfish.. Now I'm married snd the Mrs liked the look of pretty fish i thought i can have both hehe..  previously i had zebras royal mango ples to name a few ( can't believe a zebra plec is now over £100 ) so whilst getting some fish she likes ive been getting a couple of plecs.. current tank is 120l but just got a 5×2×2foot 450litre although it may actually hold more.. just starting to get all the gear together for this beast of a tank ! Main focus is a large centre piece of bogwood if anyone knows where i can get a piece let me know..

Tc & Happy fish keeping !

Offline fcmf

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
  • [PicCredit: @NiloSinnatamby]
Re: Howdi from Scotland !
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 06:33:33 PM »
Welcome, Norie!  :wave: Glad that your partner is sharing the fishkeeping hobby. I'm very envious of a 5-foot tank!

Offline daveyng

• Super Subscriber!
  • Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 07:02:38 PM »
Hi Norie and welcome to the forum. I would love to have room for a tank that big. It should be fun stocking it.

Offline Littlefish

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • aka Donna
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 07:07:24 PM »
Hello and welcome :wave:

Great to hear that you've got back into fish keeping, and that your other half is joining in.  :)

Large pieces of wood - try Gumtree and ebay.
If you can't find anything you like there, contact Aquarium Gardens and ask them the size of their largest pieces. I'm not 100% sure about bogwood, but I saw some huge pieces of driftwood there last week. They may also be able to get hold of what you want from their suppliers.

I hope that you plan to provide us with lots of pics of your tank as you are setting it up, we love pics.  ;D

Offline norie_uk

• Fishy Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 07:22:51 AM »
Thx guys/girls.. well when i say bogwood basically any kinda wood although my plecs seem to love rosewood more than any other type of wood.. seen some pieces on ebay for about £40-50 exc delivery !! I'll just treat the missus that week to sweeten her up  :rotfl: but then more costly for me  :-X  i sure will post pics as this tank is a beast and i plan on half n half substrate with planted/ rocks 1 corner and wooded in the other with hanging over lamps.. looks good in my head anyways hehe..

Offline TopCookie

• aka: Pierre
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 09:32:46 AM »
Greetings Norie...  and welcome to the forum...   :)

Offline Lynne W

• Super Fishy Member
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2018, 04:03:37 PM »
Hiya welcome to the forum, I'm a newbie so listen to what other say!!

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Rummy Nose Tetra (16) - Harlequin Rasbora (14) - Panda Cory (3) - Fiveband Barb (14) - Pearl Gourami (4) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "Howdi from Scotland !"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
5 Replies
Last post June 12, 2017, 04:15:59 PM
by MarquisMirage

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: