Hello Again

Author Topic: Hello again  (Read 2277 times) 7 replies

Offline Puffin

• Rocking Fishy Member
Hello again
« on: December 19, 2016, 09:21:08 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Hello,
I've been lurking for a while, so I thought I'd log in and say hello. Not much else to say except my postscript is probably well out of date as I had some trouble with the cpds and lost them all (several jumped out of the tank!) and sadly only one of the Pygmy cories is still with us. Ember tetra and wcmm still going strong.
I used to come on here fairly frequently when I lived in Cardiff (loved Cardiff, really miss it) but have now moved back home to the north west, so parameters somewhat different. Thinking my fish need some tank mates!

Offline fcmf

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
  • [PicCredit: @NiloSinnatamby]
Re: Hello again
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 10:14:44 PM »
Hi Puffin  :wave:

Sorry to read that you lost your CPDs. As for the pygmy cories, you're not alone as several of us (myself included) had a problem with them. Glad to read that the ember tetra and WCCMs are doing well, though.

Looking forward to finding out how your tank progresses and what tankmates you decide to opt for. I must say I'm a fan of harlequin rasboras but the orange hue of some of the other rasboras (hengeli, lambchop) may work in well with your embers and WCCMs.

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 11:05:29 PM »
Hi Puffin.  :wave:

I am originally from Cardiff and still return to visit family and friends on a regular basis.

Sorry to hear that you have lost some of your fish, but also looking forward to hearing updates on your tanks, and any new tankmates.  :)

Offline ColinB

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 07:28:36 AM »
Hello again, Puffin. I hope all works out with your tank.

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Sue

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 11:16:24 AM »
Hi Puffin,

I'm the other way round, I am from the north west but lived in Cardiff for 6 years during the 1970s, then returned to the north west before moving to the north east. I too liked Cardiff, but that may be because it is where I met and married my husband  ;D

@Littlefish - and I lived in Cambridge for 2 years between Cardiff and the north west  :)

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 12:29:08 PM »
It's a small world @Sue   ;D

I tend to think of Cambridge as an upmarket Cardiff - big student population, lots of theatres/museums/gardens/stuff to do, high street & boutique shops, lots of different places to eat, and small enough to be able to walk around the city centre comfortably when sight seeing and/or shopping.  ;D

Offline Sue

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2016, 01:32:06 PM »
I thoroughly enjoyed Cambridge.

I was born and brought up in Lancashire. At 18 I went to University College, Cardiff  (not Cardiff University! UWIST and NWSMD were separate institutions back then), got my chemistry degree, stayed on to do postgrad research, left that after 2 years then worked for a year in the biochemistry dept, got married and two weeks later moved to Cambridge where my husband did a post doc for 2 years and I worked at Addenbrookes. Then he got a job with ICI and we moved to the north west, half an hour from my parents.

I've been afraid to go back to Cambridge. It was like a 2 year honeymoon and I'm scared seeing it all changed will spoil the memories. We lived right in the city centre in a Sidney Sussex flat so those two years were not like the real world at all  :)

Offline Puffin

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2016, 02:22:22 PM »
Lol, that sounds like our time in Cardiff ! Although we had kids no not much like a honeymoon! But were only there two years, right in the centre, in a lovely square that felt like you were in the middle of the countryside (not far from the university chemistry building as it happens)
Now we are back up here (east Cheshire) about fifteen mins drive from mum and dad, and from my sister who is back living in our old town.

Tags:

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: