Greeting From Yuma AZ

Author Topic: Greeting from Yuma AZ  (Read 2519 times) 6 replies

Offline JesCat

• Tropical Fish Forum User
Greeting from Yuma AZ
« on: February 22, 2017, 11:19:08 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 3
Thank you for having me within your group. I am hoping to learn many new things on improving my tank and the lives of my current fish and any future fish and plants I hope to get.

I am adding on here a picture of my current tank. 60gal. I am wanting to learn more on how to get my plants to grow and thrive, I feel silly that I just learned that I needed to feed them and that's why in the past they did not live very long. I know that for now I am only getting plants that are okay with low light since thats what we currently have.
In our tank right now we have some tetra, zebra danio, yoyo loach, red-fin shark, dwarf gourami, a betta, kuhli loach. I had a female butterfly ram however since I had no real clue what I was doing, I caused her to die when I did a water swap and didn't know how hard my water was until after she had passed. I am currently fixing that issue now before I get any new additions to our little family.

We happen to have found a great place to get out fish and these guys love to interact with us including teasing the cats. (No the cats do not get in or on the tank in any way)

Offline MarquisMirage

• Super Subscriber!
  • Rocking Fishy Member
  • aka Mark
Re: Greeting from Yuma AZ
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 12:16:48 AM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Welcome to the forum!

Looks like you have some neon dwarf rainbowfish in there as well.  Those ember tetra in the back look like fry in this picture.  Certainly an interesting mix of fish.  You'll need to consider the size of the fish going forward.  Certainly when that red fin shark reaches its full six inches those smaller fish will become food.  He'll also bully everything else in there except the yoyo loaches.

Another thing to consider will be school/shoal sizes as many of those fish types including the rainbowfish and loaches should ideally be kept in groups of six or more.  Fortunately you have plenty of space there to add more fish.

Use a website like seriouslyfish.com to look up the compatibility of the fish you have in there already.  www.aqadvisor.com is also good for pointing out issues that may occur between fish.  Of course if you're unsure about particular fish we're here to help you out. :)

Offline fcmf

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
  • [PicCredit: @NiloSinnatamby]
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 07:27:51 AM »
Welcome to the forum.  :wave:

Been good to read about your fish and to see the pic of the lovely tank. How long has the tank been set up? Is the Betta male or female? Do you know what the different types of tetra are? You may find it easier to identify them from the pics at http://www.thinkfish.co.uk/fish-profiles

Offline fish-friends

• Super Subscriber!
  • Fishy Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 09:07:21 AM »
Hey  :wave:
Welcome to the forum, these guys know the answer to everything about fishies  :fishy1: :fishy1:
Not me though I'm still learning  :)

Offline Littlefish

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • aka Donna
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 01:46:48 PM »
Hi there and welcome to the forum.  :wave:
Great to hear about your fish and thanks for including a pucture of your tank, we always look to see tanks.  ;D

Offline ColinB

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 03:00:48 PM »
Hello, and welcome to the forum. Nice big tank you've got thee.

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline JesCat

• Tropical Fish Forum User
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 12:00:30 AM »
Thank you for the welcomes and the links. I will look into them as we look into growing. So far everyone seems to be doing well together. I did do a little bit of research on the shark before because the husband wanted to get a few of them and I found that they mainly just seem to get aggressive with other types of sharks so we got the one. We also have a 30gal tank just in case for a back up.

So far the schools we have with the tetra and the danio we have 8 of each, they are very active and love to play.
The betta is a male and he hasn't gone after any of the other fish or anything like that. We have always had a betta in our tanks. There has only been one issue where the bigger fish decided to be mean to him so we moved him to a smaller tank with some neons and he has been doing great.

Tags:

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: