Author Topic: Back again  (Read 3776 times) 10 replies

Offline Helen

• Super Subscriber!
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
Back again
« on: July 21, 2017, 10:21:55 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Hello again.

I used to be a regular on these boards, but haven't checked in for a VERY long time. I had a second two legged 'pet' (and built an extension to our house) so the fish have been sadly neglected for far too long. (Though the extension did get designed around not moving the tank!)

This morning I spent about 3 hours on phase 1 of getting my tank back in order. (Cleaning the tank) I'm hoping that I'll get to clean the filter tomorrow afternoon, but that'll depend on the kids.

After a quick look at a few websites, I've realised that a few key bits of technology have changed, so I'll be asking some, probably strange questions.

I have a 240l fluvial Roma with T8 lights. My tank has lots of plants in it (less planted than wild), quite a bit of bog wood and 4 fish! (2 khuli loaches, a bristle nose Plec called Bertie and 1 rather old harlequin Rasbora) I'd love to restock with more harlies, Cardinal tetras and kuhlis, but the tank isn't healthy enough to introduce new fish yet. I will also eventually be looking for some bigger fish to complement the shoals of harlies and tetras, but have loads of time to research before I get to that stage.

I look forward to 'meeting' new people and catching up with a few others.

Helen

Offline Littlefish

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • aka Donna
Re: Back again
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 09:04:06 AM »
Hi there Helen.  :wave:
I've only been keeping fish for around 18 months, so if you haven't been on the forum for a while then this is probably the hello from me.  :)
I'm very impressed that the house extension was designed around not moving the tank.
I also have a BN called Bertie. He and Harri have recently had some babies.
I'm looking forward to hearing what you do with your tank and hope that you post lost of pictures.  ;D

Offline Sue

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 09:58:42 AM »
Hi Helen, congrats on no 2  ;D

I found your post with the photo of your first two legged pet Elizabeth - from 4 years ago! How are you coping with two of them?

If your plants have gone wild, they will help you to stock the tank faster than with no plants so don't do too much gardening.

Offline fcmf

• [PicCredit: @NiloSinnatamby]
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 11:00:36 AM »
Hi Helen :wave:

Think you'll fit back in here very well ie house adaptations, etc, being centred around fishtanks.  ;D (We can't get a new boiler or kitchen while the fish are around - all that banging in a small abode would traumatise them, judging from how they reacted when a neighbour was having this done - so these house plans are on hold until the inevitable has occurred which will hopefully be a long way off.)

All the best with your plans for giving your tank a new lease of life. Your proposed fish sound good (I have harlies myself). Keep us posted on the developments/thoughts on proposed additions to the tank.

Offline Helen

• Super Subscriber!
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 06:53:46 PM »
My first two legged goes to school in September!! 😬 Scary how quickly it goes. My kuhlis are older than she is! We refused to touch the wall that the fish tank is against, which left an oddly small room. Ideal as a kids toy room. Not sure what we'll use it for what they're too big for a toy room.

I've trimmed back the plant that floats, as it blocks the light to the other plants. But otherwise the clean up was mainly vaccuuming rather than gardening. I'll have to look up which plants I've got, as I can't remember. Several species of crypt, and 3 other types. Oh and I've taken out the weeping moss as that just seemed to hold muck and be everywhere except where I want it!

Offline Matt

• @scapeeasy on Instagram
  • Global Moderator
  • www.scapeeasy.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 07:31:41 PM »
Welcome back Helen  :wave:

You'll know that were all into pictures... it would be great to see a photo of your setup!

Could the toy room become a fish room I wonder...  :fishy1:

Offline Sue

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 09:36:07 AM »
Are you suggesting that Helen turns into Littlefish with her three million tanks  :yikes:

OK, slight exaggeration but I have lost count of how many tanks Littlefish actually has now  ;D

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2017, 10:27:01 AM »
I've lost count too.  ;D

Offline fcmf

• [PicCredit: @NiloSinnatamby]
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2017, 11:01:36 AM »
Could the toy room become a fish room I wonder...  :fishy1:
What a fantastic suggestion. The more multiple-tank owners on here, the better - gives us all something to aspire to. :rotfl:

Offline TrenchyLs

• Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish Forum User
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2017, 06:40:14 PM »
The more with multiple tanks, the merrier.

I live in a single room on a RAF camp and I've got 2 (with a third stashed under the bed while the filter matures in another tank), so all you people with actual houses have good no excuse!

The toy room is a great idea!

Offline Helen

• Super Subscriber!
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2017, 07:50:57 PM »
I don't really have enough time to look after 1 tank properly - there's no way multiple tanks are an option at this stage. Maybe in about 15 years time!

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "Back again"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
2 Replies
Last post November 20, 2013, 10:28:05 AM
by polkadotpuffer
8 Replies
Last post October 15, 2014, 10:49:56 PM
by brian c
0 Replies
Last post February 19, 2015, 04:23:56 AM
by brian c
5 Replies
Last post June 09, 2018, 11:30:01 PM
by TopCookie
6 Replies
Last post October 26, 2018, 08:48:34 AM
by Matt
10 Replies
Last post January 16, 2021, 01:11:41 PM
by Littlefish
8 Replies
Last post April 28, 2021, 04:50:38 PM
by fcmf

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: