Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Items For Giveaway / Tank and some fish free
« Last post by Scodge on October 23, 2023, 10:17:39 AM »
Hello  :) I am needing to rehome some of my tropical fish as i am moving up to a new larger  tank so im letting my old tank go for free and 4 large black skirt tetras and about 6 lemon tetras if some one can take the fish seperatly that is fine but not the tank alone.. it is an aqua marine 900 180 litre.. i have attached a photo of the tank
Many thanks
Ian  :)

Edit I am in the Sunderland area

Introductions and hello's / Hello Tank and fish needing new home
« Last post by Scodge on October 23, 2023, 09:17:18 AM »
Hello  :) I am needing to rehome some of my tropical fish as i am moving up to a new larger  tank so im letting my old tank go for free and 4 large black skirt tetras and about 6 lemon tetras if some one can take the fish seperatly that is fine but not the tank alone.. it is an aqua marine 900 180 litre.. i have attached a photo of the tank
Many thanks
Ian  :)

Edit I am in the Sunderland area
Introductions and hello's / hi my passion is killifish breeding
« Last post by killifishbreeding on October 21, 2023, 07:52:17 PM »
Hi guys
I am new member here and are breeding killifish for quite a long time. If you have any questions feel free to ask or visit my site where you get comprehensive information about the topic. You should find it in my profile.
Fish Health / Re: Ember tetra - fast breathing - thoughts?
« Last post by fcmf on October 19, 2023, 10:54:25 AM »
Thanks for your efforts anyway, Hampalong.
I've been monitoring the situation and had several opportunities to view the fish from above.  The spine is not bent, and the internal organs are not protruding on one side.  However, they do look more visible (enlarged/?reddened) [lower fish in photo], and she continues to breathe fast.  She's eating well, very sociable and inquisitive, etc. 
I could isolate her and treat for ?bacterial infection but, on balance, definitely think the isolation and treatment (when not clearcut what is actually up) would do more harm than good...

Fish Health / Re: Ember tetra - fast breathing - thoughts?
« Last post by Hampalong on October 11, 2023, 01:45:09 PM »
I’ve pasted it into YouTube and google... it doesn’t take me to your video. Not that I can help anyway, probably...
Fish Health / Ember tetra - fast breathing - thoughts?
« Last post by fcmf on October 09, 2023, 01:08:36 PM »
Here is a video of one of my embers https:///youtu.be/UFx92wsmMjM - just insert or copy & paste the url into the search bar to view it.  [Please excuse unsightly water marks on tank's background/wallpaper.]  She is breathing fast but the only other sign of anything untoward is a ?protrusion (albeit not through flesh) of ? internal organs.  If she weren't breathing fast, I'd probably just assume the ?protrusion was natural variation. 

However, some of the microdevario kubotai I used to have ~5-6 years ago often resembled this until ultimately the flesh 'opened up'. I did wonder at the time if fish TB / mycobacterium was present - I had elderly x-ray tetras and harlequin rasboras, many of whom were developing spinal deformities (but, having consulted a fish expert at Practical Fishkeeping, impossible to definitively say without a post-mortem whether simply old age or fish TB) and I also wondered if the filter output flow had been too strong and contributory to or causing this or the MDKs' concurrent scoliosis as viewed from above and post-mortem.

I can eliminate strong filter output flow as a cause/contribution - I've been using a softer output flow via a spraybar in recent years, and certainly pre-existence of embers.  In the last few months, I have had two other fatalities - one of the adopted cardinals (whose full background/age/heritage I'm not fully abreast of - likely columnaris which that species seems most prone to IME) and an espei rasbora (sudden decline over the course of a week - concave belly, 'knifeback' appearance, bent spine and skinny when viewed from above) but my instinct is that these are each isolated.

Thoughts welcome on:
* is this a 'protrusion' I'm seeing, or just natural variation?
* as water quality is optimum as per usual, is there anything I can do?
I'm reluctant to isolate her in the QT (unless *absolutely necessary*) as, IME, it seems to do more harm than good. 

[PS. For own protection, weekly fishtank maintenance regime in recent years has involved full-length plastic gloves*, safety glasses and surgical mask in the event of splashes. (* also for any additional fishtank tinkering.)]
General Fishkeeping Chat / Cory tunnels
« Last post by Matt on September 21, 2023, 06:10:53 AM »
Just a quick post - these caught my eye earlier - not something I’d seen before but I like the idea!
Gallery Showcase / Re: Matt's 220 litre Aquaoak
« Last post by Matt on September 03, 2023, 01:07:43 AM »
Everything seems to have gone swimmingly (excuse the pun) with the additions. It’s amazing how much more food I feel like I’m now feeding to keep from the food vanishing within 30 seconds.

The Bolivians seemed to take a while to get into a happy little group with Ken fish having been a bit of a cast out for the first few days, now though they are always together, they are all as colourful as the picture above, and they are constantly at the front of the tank begging for food. I always thought of Bolivians as a bit of a second best compared to German rams but I’m no longer of that opinion.

Cardinals seem to be ok so far too. Only time will show up any genetic issues though I suppose. Hopefully a sign of good things to come!
« Last post by fcmf on August 29, 2023, 09:49:40 PM »
Great to read of your update, and what a stunning fish!  :fishy1:  8)
« Last post by Matt on August 27, 2023, 07:42:41 PM »
So I got the Bolivian rams I mentioned in another thread the other day. Very happy with them. I got 2 pairs.

Quick photo attached  :cheers:

One think I never noticed before in pictures is the spotting on the anal fin - caught me out at first thinking something was wrong!

Can’t wait for them to grow up and get a bit bigger as they will really look great in the tank then.

I took a bit of a risk given experiences here lates and got more cardinals too. Got them from a different shop so we will see how it goes. I now have a shoal of 24 of those guys.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: