Col-Cats!

Author Topic: Col-Cats!  (Read 5917 times) 4 replies

Offline Resa

• Superstar Think Fishy Member
Col-Cats!
« on: September 12, 2013, 12:17:01 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Hi Colin,

What news on your pudtats?  Have you got some yet?
If not...why not?  If you have, why do we not know about them? Names, colours, rank ;)....and piccies!!

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Panda Cory (11) - Otocinclus (2) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (7) - Dwarf Gourami (2) - Red Phantom Tetra (5) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (2) - Otocinclus (2) - Guppy (male) (4) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (6) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) - Panda Cory (6) - Otocinclus (2) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (6) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (5) - Guppy (male) (4) - Otocinclus (2) - Panda Cory (6) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline ColinB

Re: Col-Cats!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 01:32:46 PM »
Hiya Resa.... just a sec, I need a coffee. Back in 5 mins..............

Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline ColinB

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 01:49:40 PM »
....OK, I've got a coffee now.

The on-going kitten saga has taken a few turns. The two-week old kittens that we had our eye on, MrsB talked to the guy for about ½hour on the phone, then we spent another ½hour with the kittens and not until he phoned again - and I directly ask him - did he mention that he wanted £70 per kitten !!!!! For moggies !!!!! No way. >:(

So, we started looking at the RSPCA type things for kittens and there were loads. But just then we heard that someone wanted to buy our little place in Brittany, France. So as we're going to have to go over a number of times to sign contracts, collect furniture etc then we didn't think it right to get little kittens and put then in the cattery when they would be tiny little things. We thought it not really fair on them  - and we'd worry like mad about them, anyway.

So, it'll be a while 'till the B household hears the patter of tiny paws and I'll have to put up with a cold lap in the evenings for a bit longer.  :(

How are your little ones doing? D'you have any new piccies? Of course you do! C'mon - let's see 'em!

Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -

Offline Resa

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 10:50:10 AM »
Oh my goodness, Colin! I'm so sorry...I thought I had replied to your post. :-[ Must have done it in my head ??? What a numbskull!

Anyway, yes, I can quite see that you would be better to wait for liddle pudtats until your visits to Brittany have been finalised. Maybe anyway, the right kitts are out there but not quite ready for you yet.

Hugo is fine and settled in well with everyone else and goes outside with the others exploring. The two babies, George and Marley, are doing really well and growing by the minute! They don't go out yet as they are still too small for that...they would still be buzzard bait at the moment! There is way too much trouble they could get themselves in to at their size. So, as I type, they are wreaking havoc upstairs, I can hear them crashing about. They love to knock washing piles over or to burrow in to them about half way up the stack until it falls over...and they love the tank! If they get the chance they will put a paw in the water or drink it....little beasts!
Marley in particular, is my little shadow. I can't go anywhere without him trotting behind me.
This morning we woke up to find him in between us under the quilt...not something I encourage!
It is really lovely to have kittens about the place again, I had quite forgotten how much fun they are as the last two moggs we got from the rescue were already adults. Mind you, I had also forgotten how much you have to toddler-safe the place for them. I'm a phone charger down! I was wondering why on earth my phone hadn't charged when it had been plugged in all night.....until I saw the wire had been chewed through! Thank goodness they didn't fry themselves. I remembered then that when one of the other cats was a kitten, he had been obsessed with the answerphone cable and had kindly turned that in to two seperate pieces for us!

Our kitts are just moggies, but the rescue place charges 125euros each for them. They do come however, FIV and flu checked, neutered and fully vaccinated, deflea-ed and wormed. Full MOT in fact, so it is worth it in that way as all that lot together would cost us more as individuals as we wouldn't get the price the rescue place has negotiated with the vet.
Hugo was free as he was on the lonely hearts list as he had been there a while and had been passed by because people generally want kittens. They don't know what they've missed because he is so lovely and cuddly and the kittens adore him and he them. You'd think he was their mum, the way he cuddles and washes them, then they'll fall asleep with his arms wrapped around them...it's so sweet.

I have got to load some more pics of them, as soon as I have, then I'll put them on the gallery.
In the meanwhile, I'll try to put a pic up of my cockeral, Lucky Pierre....so called because he's the only chook that has (so far) not been taken by whatever it is that whisks away my chooks without leaving a trace....not so much as a feather left behind. ??? He has taken to roosting in the wall basket by the front door...mad chicken!

Well, I hope you get your house sale sorted out without any hitches....and then you can get back to the more important task of kitty-hunting!

Resa
  :)

Panda Cory (11) - Otocinclus (2) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (7) - Dwarf Gourami (2) - Red Phantom Tetra (5) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (2) - Otocinclus (2) - Guppy (male) (4) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (6) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) - Panda Cory (6) - Otocinclus (2) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (6) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (5) - Guppy (male) (4) - Otocinclus (2) - Panda Cory (6) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) -

Offline ColinB

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 07:59:20 AM »
Cheers, me dear. I can't wait to have some kittens around and, like you say, rescue cats round here come fully MoT'd and serviced for £80 which is a bargain. I think that even includes a micro-chip.

When Fogarty was a kitten our then huge tabby would cuddle him, wash him, look after him outside, play with him, smack him round the back of the head etc. It was a joy to watch. I just hope Foggy does that to our new kittens when we have them.

I'd love to see some more piccies of your menagerie.

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "Col-Cats!"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
15 Replies
Last post November 27, 2017, 09:14:35 AM
by apache6467

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: