Author Topic: Piggy's pets  (Read 7658 times) 7 replies

Offline piggy

• Fishy Member
Piggy's pets
« on: January 25, 2013, 03:04:02 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Introducing Midge (aka Monkey)

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Panda Cory (4) - Siamese Fighting Fish (male) (1) - Zebra Danio (5) - Galaxy Rasbora (8) - Three Spot Gourami (3) - Honey Gourami (1) - Climbing Perch / Bush Fish (1) - Banded Gourami (1) - Ram / Butterfly Cichlid (3) - Panda Cory (5) - Swordtail (female) (4) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Natalia

• Fishy Member
Re: Piggy's pets
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 11:28:49 PM »
How cute!!!!! Especially the photo on the stairs... Honestly, I am absolutely charmed! I like both cats and dogs (and have a very special relationship with black cats). I have a cat because I cannot see commiting to a quality lifestyle for a dog (unlimited working hours) but if I could....

Offline piggy

• Fishy Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 05:34:05 AM »
Thanks Natalia,  I too work long hours but am lucky enough to be able to take her with me.  I have since discovered that she prefers to stay at home,  she has automatic feeding bowls, a cat flap to get outside and a webcam so i can keep my eye on her and she sleeps all day only getting up for lunch and a toilet break and it's straight back to the land of nod.  When i take her to work she is grumpy and stressed  ???

Panda Cory (4) - Siamese Fighting Fish (male) (1) - Zebra Danio (5) - Galaxy Rasbora (8) - Three Spot Gourami (3) - Honey Gourami (1) - Climbing Perch / Bush Fish (1) - Banded Gourami (1) - Ram / Butterfly Cichlid (3) - Panda Cory (5) - Swordtail (female) (4) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline jesnon

• Superstar Think Fishy Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 12:45:40 PM »
So cute! Our dog had major separation anxiety when we first got him, probably not helped by the fact that he was a cruelty case... he'd shred anything in sight including doors, flooring - anything and howl all the time we were gone. He's a completely different dog now - as soon as we leave he jumps onto a sofa and snoozes the whole day and doesn't even bother to acknowledge us when we get in! Ha.

Endler's Livebearer (8) - Panda Cory (4) - Cherry Barb (3) - Galaxy Rasbora (6) -

Offline piggy

• Fishy Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 01:51:44 PM »
Well he obviously realises that he no longer needs to worry about anything and is now content.
Midge stands and watches me set her automatic bowl each morning, she knows that the food in there is for later and doesn't attempt to eat it while i set it and close the lid, she even reminds me to set the burglar alarm at night (she won't go to bed until i have set it) and when we switch the tv off at night she goes through her catflap to go to the loo without being told to then straight off to bed.   Bless them, a house is not a home without a dog in it (well not for a dog lover anyway)
Midge came to us aged 5 (she is now 12) and she still has a lot of "issues", for the most part as long as her routine stays the same she is fine but she gets extremely confused and distressed if the routine changes.
And she doesn't like certain noises especially beeps, harmonicas and high pitched singing so we have to be careful with the radio.  I once thought it would be nice for her if i left the radio on whilst out at work but i could see her on 'midgecam' getting more and more distressed, eventually i decided to go home and turn the radio off (1hr round trip) by the time i got home she was on the verge of collapsing and it took a good while to calm her down before going back to work.  needless to say i do not leave the radio on for her anymore :-(

Offline Natalia

• Fishy Member
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 06:29:25 PM »
Hi Jesnon and Piggy,
TOP MARKS for adopting animals. My little black cutie-cat was adopted, too. There are so many people which impulse buy pets and than either mistreat them or abandon when they realise that the pets are living beings and need care, time and love...

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 07:03:11 PM »
I don't have anything but fish, but my sons both have cats and one also has a dog. The younger one, who only has one cat, got him from a rehoming centre. They've had him for about 5 years now and the cat still won't walk across the middle of a room, only next to the walls. He was taken into the centre by a man who had just moved in with his owner. The man threw the cat at the staff and said if they didn't take it, he'd kill it. My son thinks he must have kicked the cat a few times so he keeps out of kicking reach indoors.

He's a black cat, Natalia  ;D

Offline Natalia

• Fishy Member
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 07:23:50 PM »
Oh, Sue – a black cat! My little treasure came from a rehoming centre quite a few miles away. She was so damaged psychologically at about 1 year old that no one wanted her: she was hissing and scratching (defending herself!). The staff were surprised that she allowed me and my husband to stroke her at the centre (being all tense but still willing to make contact). So, it was love at the first sight.  First few weeks in our house, she was hiding in awkward corners (like under the sofa, with very narrow gap) and I almost dislocated my shoulder reaching for her to give her a stroke there. She’s been with us for 9 years now and she is a completely different cat . I did have to fuss around her a lot (I still do) but I am pleased she has come out and became confident after a couple of months with us. Another thing – she cannot go around without her “mummy” (me that is!). We have a tradition: she sees me out for work every morning – she needs a stroke and a few “silly voice” kind words before I go out. We have a very good  neighborough who is a “cat-dog” person as well. She looks after Cherry when we are on holidays (and feeds the fish and does ferts dosing into tanks! I prepare portions for each day and she just has to add these).  I look after my neighborough’s two cats when she is away. These two cats – a brother and a sister – actually are my fault. These were the kittens discovered at the port I work for among the pallets in the warehouse... I took them here – to Joyce’s, Joyce and I fed them with pipettes and she decided she wanted to keep them. They grew into gorgeous cats...

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "Piggy's pets"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
0 Replies
Last post August 18, 2014, 05:00:05 PM
by Yourpetswarehouse
2 Replies
Last post April 02, 2015, 02:07:19 PM
by Richard W
37 Replies
Last post June 25, 2016, 12:01:13 PM
by Littlefish

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: