My Little Cat

Author Topic: My little cat  (Read 7017 times) 7 replies

Offline ColinB

• Superstar Think Fishy Member
My little cat
« on: April 29, 2013, 02:10:25 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
My little cat, Escher, who's been my constant companion for 19 years, died peacefully in her sleep on Friday night. She'd spend every evening curled-up on my lap, and every morning I'd find her fast asleep in my chair. She'd come out and 'help' me with the gardening; yell at me 'till I picked her up and danced round the kitchen with her while we were cooking; and tag me on the leg and run off so we could play chase around the lounge.

It's going to take me a long, long time to get used to not having her around. I miss my little friend. *sigh*

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline jesnon

Re: My little cat
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 04:16:27 PM »
So sorry about your cat Colin :-( Losing a pet is really hard, I still get upset thinking about my old dog and she died about 5 years ago now.

Endler's Livebearer (8) - Panda Cory (4) - Cherry Barb (3) - Galaxy Rasbora (6) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline ColinB

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 04:33:45 PM »
Thanks Jesnon.

Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -

TigzFish

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 04:54:51 PM »
Sorry to hear of your loss Colin. Our four legged friends are hard to loose, even though we know they will not outlive us.  :'(

Offline water watcher

• Fishy Member
  • Do we look after fish, or the water they're in?
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 05:03:38 PM »
Sorry to hear about your cat. Pets are such a miss, but lots of happy memories too.

Offline ColinB

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 05:13:10 PM »
Thanks Guys. Yep - lots of happy memories, and we were so pleased that she died peacefully and at home.

Offline Resa

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 07:18:38 PM »
Oh Colin....I'm so sorry about your little puddytat. I know how much that makes your heart ache.  It never really goes away either, does it?
One of our pussycats, Wilson, who was a long haired marmalade, died in her sleep last year.  She was 18 years old.  I woke up in the morning and she was in her favourite sleeping spot....the warm spot (above the logburner) on the landing.  She looked as though she was just asleep, but of course, I knew right away because normally she would come in and jump up on the bed as soon as she heard me awake.  I still look for her.

I've always thought it is a terrible design fault on the part of Mother Nature that our pets don't automatically get the same lifespan as us......wouldn't that save us some pain?

Resa
  :(

Panda Cory (11) - Otocinclus (2) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (7) - Dwarf Gourami (2) - Red Phantom Tetra (5) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (2) - Otocinclus (2) - Guppy (male) (4) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (6) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) - Panda Cory (6) - Otocinclus (2) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (6) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (5) - Guppy (male) (4) - Otocinclus (2) - Panda Cory (6) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) -

Offline ColinB

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 07:37:50 PM »
Thanks Resa. I expect I'll still expect to see her every morning in my chair for a long time to come. I knew it would happen soonish - but it still broke my heart.

Tags:

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: