Author Topic: New Tank Suggestions 2  (Read 2983 times) 5 replies

Offline GersBantamJR

• Fishy Member
  • Aiden
New Tank Suggestions 2
« on: September 04, 2015, 06:43:59 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
hello again,

I asked this before but now I'm getting a different tank. when i came to collect the tank the guy dropped it and the glass smashed! He said he'd buy me a new tank up to the price of £100. so I chose the Juwel Rekord 700.

I Would like small community fish, my tank water is hard (110mg/l  275ppm or 15.6 German degrees)

The measurements are 61cm long, 31cm wide and 45.5cm high. The tank holds 70 litres. THe tank will have some plants but not loads.

Offline Extreme_One

• Super Hero Member
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
  • Call me Simon
Re: New Tank Suggestions 2
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 06:56:17 PM »
I thought your previous list would have made a nice community.
Perhaps increase the size of each shoal ... Then perhaps think of another compatible species to include ?

Are you using the Community Builder? Choose a species in the Fish Profile selector and click 'Add this fish to my tank"
You set up the tank volume and dimensions in the panel on the left.
This will help with deciding on stocking levels.
Although, of course, not every species is available on here.

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Tiger Barb (1) - Cardinal Tetra (17) - Otocinclus (1) - Agassiz's Dwarf Cichlid (2) - Ornamental Snails (50) - Assassin Snail (2) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline fcmf

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • [PicCredit: @NiloSinnatamby]
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 07:23:04 PM »
Agree completely - your previous thinking/'research' is not to waste. The Community Creator will be able to tell you but I'd imagine your tank might be able to take 2 shoals, each of 6 tetras, plus a shoal of 6 CPDs [just about - best to check that out, though] or probably better, 2 shoals of such fish with larger numbers.

Offline GersBantamJR

• Fishy Member
  • Aiden
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 08:21:51 PM »
The Community Creator sounds good, I had never heard of this feature until now.

I just wanted to check if there would be anything different, but I assume I can use the community creator for this.

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 09:08:32 PM »
The Juwel Rekord 700 gives you an extra 5 litres volume, and also an extra 10cm length. The volume is so nearly the same as the first tank that the same stocking list will still apply.
Having has a Juwel Rio 125, you'll have virtually the same filter I had (mine was just an older version). According to Juwel's website, you filter will come with a blue sponge, a green sponge, a black sponge and a white pad.
The blue sponge is home to the filter bacteria. Ignore what they say about replacing it every few months, it only needs replacing when it goes into holes or won't go back so shape when you wash it by squeezing in old tank water (taken out at a water change)
The green sponge is supposed to contain bacteria to remove nitrate. It doesn't usually work. However, it is a perfectly good home for the filter bacteria so treat it like a blue sponge.
The black sponge contains carbon which you don't actually need to run full time. Carbon is only used for removing medication after treatment has finished if the fish get sick and for removing the brown that comes out of bogwood. Leave this in the cupboard in case you ever need it. Either replace it worth more sponge, cut to fit, or in the short term seed the tank by putting some media from your other tank(s) in its place.
The white pad catches bits of debria and will need changing regularly as it will get clogged. It won't grow many bacteria during the time it is in the tank - and it isn't a particularly good home for them anyway. But don't spend money on Juwel pads; get a roll of filter wool and use a pad as a template to cut the roll up.

Have you found the Community Creator yet? It's accessed through any fish profile in the menu bar at the top, right down at the bottom of the profile. You can save what you enter but you have to register and log in separately from the forum. And it does have a habit of logging you out if like me you take ages looking a different fish before entering any!
Besides the fish profiles on here, another good site for researching fish is Seriously Fish which does have more species than here.

You have a while during cycling to decide what to get  ;D

Offline GersBantamJR

• Fishy Member
  • Aiden
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 09:26:58 PM »
yes I have found the community creator.

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "New Tank Suggestions 2"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
8 Replies
Last post March 25, 2015, 04:58:20 PM
by WinterDusk
7 Replies
Last post May 24, 2015, 06:53:47 PM
by Cod_only_knows
18 Replies
Last post September 01, 2015, 10:01:16 PM
by GersBantamJR
19 Replies
Last post September 09, 2015, 09:18:02 AM
by Bubblychaz
13 Replies
Last post February 23, 2016, 12:18:41 PM
by Fiona
15 Replies
Last post January 29, 2018, 07:35:49 AM
by Fishbeard
8 Replies
Last post July 26, 2018, 07:32:25 PM
by Matt

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: