New Minnow Not Right?

Author Topic: New Minnow not right?  (Read 2540 times) 5 replies

Offline Aquamaid

• Rocking Fishy Member
New Minnow not right?
« on: November 28, 2014, 05:49:05 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Just bought four white cloud mountain minnow, two long fin two short, as soon as they were introduced to the water, three were off and swimming around, one longfin has hung back near top of tank, it seems to have more of a humped back than the others and is swimming with more side to side movement, doesn't seem right to me, ive contacted shop so will see what they have to say, but wondered if anyone recognised the condition?

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
Re: New Minnow not right?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 07:33:24 PM »
Since you only just got them I'd give that one a few days to settle. Different fish react differently to the process of being moved from one tank to another; some take longer than others to settle in. If it continues the same after a few days, then start to worry.

Having said all that, it is quite common to buy fish that are less than perfect. The breeding farms don't care whether the fish they breed from are fit, healthy specimens or not. They often end up breeding from less than perfect fish which pas on their less than perfect genes.

Offline Aquamaid

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 08:19:31 PM »
Yes guess i better observe it for a day or so, thanks Sue,
Oooh thought he was dead there for a while, was getting my net ready to fish him out, seems he was just stuck behind the thermometer, don't fancy  his chances though : (

Offline Aquamaid

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 08:28:18 AM »
Couldn't find him this morning, sunk to the bottom, only just breathing, iv'e put him in a bucket of water, (tank and dechlorinated) as he is barely alive,  :'( will have to sort something out with shop today .

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 10:53:18 AM »
Sorry to hear that. I too have had this happen so quickly after purchase. It was probably sick in the shop tank. The shop might want to see the fish even if it dies, so keep the body if it does die.

Offline Aquamaid

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 12:13:18 PM »
Yes, they have offered to replace it, so i will take it in to prove i'm not trying to get free fish lol

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "New Minnow not right?"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
9 Replies
Last post January 21, 2016, 01:46:53 PM
by Sanjo

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: