My 60G(227L) Cube Adventure

Author Topic: My 60G(227L) Cube Adventure  (Read 3273 times) 12 replies

Offline Gabriel

• Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish FTW!
My 60G(227L) Cube Adventure
« on: October 22, 2016, 02:19:53 AM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 1
Hey everybody. So in this thread I'll be keeping a record of the progress of my newest 60G Cube tank. The tank size is 24 x 24 x 24 inches or 61 x 61 x 61 cm.

It has a fluval 406 hooked up, and I think I need to make a spray bar to get the same flow but lower current on the stage left side of the tank. I have two marineland advanced LED strips for the lighting.

Here is the empty tank:

Here is with the substrate added:

Here it is with the stone:

Then finally planted:

I have baby tears and pygmy chain swords as the foreground, moneywort, java ferns, some AR and a mystery leafy bush plant as the midground, then wisteria and jungle val in the background. The stone I chose to use was seiryu stone. The substrate for the plants is Fluval shrimp & plant, and then pool filter sand is used underneath the high area of that along with some bricks for height, and more PFS in the middle area and inside the cave.

Also some of you might be interested to know this is my first aquascaped tank where we actually planned it out, and put effort into it. In my 55G we just kinda picked live plants out randomly and placed them in the sand.

This week I should be good to add the first fish, I am pretty set on starting with some Peacock Gudeons but we will see what happens.

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Siamese Fighting Fish (male) (1) - Kuhli Loach (aka Coolie) (5) - Peacock Goby (5) - Panda Cory (5) - Guppy (female) (1) - Bristlenose Plec (1) - Zebra Danio (7) - Otocinclus (3) - Giant Danio (4) - Ornamental Snails (50) - Japonica Shrimp (50) - Three Spot Gourami (2) - Neon Tetra (10) - Silver Hatchetfish (4) - Black Widow Tetra (10) - Snakeskin Gourami (1) - Serpae Tetra (5) - Black Neon Tetra (10) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline ColinB

• Superstar Think Fishy Member
Re: My 60G(227L) Cube Adventure
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 08:07:34 AM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
That looks really good. What are your fish plans?

Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Littlefish

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • aka Donna
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 08:41:15 AM »
I love the look of the aquascaped tank.  8)

Great choice of fish. My LFS has some in stock and I'd like some myself, but my water is too hard for them.  :(

Offline Cod_only_knows

• Rocking Fishy Member
  • Just for the halibut!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 08:50:12 AM »
That's a nice looking layout; now all you have to do is wait. I'm 6 weeks into my first 'planned' setup and it's not easy. My Rotala is looking great but the Crypts are taking a while to establish. I'm hoping that by Christmas it will be looking something like my vision...

Peacock gudgeons are stunning fish. Would look really nice with a school of Pseudomugil furcatas, which are also from Papua New Guinea. As you intend this to be a bit of a niche tank, the unusual look of these fish seem well suited. They also put on some elaborate shows with their finnage!

Checkered Barb (3) - Endler's Livebearer (5) - Galaxy Rasbora (7) -

Offline Cod_only_knows

• Rocking Fishy Member
  • Just for the halibut!
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 08:52:45 AM »
Also, make sure your lid is tight fitting. Peacocks and Pseudomugils are excellent jumpers!

Checkered Barb (3) - Endler's Livebearer (5) - Galaxy Rasbora (7) -

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 08:53:19 AM »
Yeah, thanks guys, make me jealous why don't you.  :P
 ;)

Offline Sue

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 10:29:17 AM »
Love the tank  :) And I agree that peacock gudgeons/gobies are lovely fish - I have 5.

One tip for you. These fish like to spawn in very small caves, the smaller the better. If you could construct something about 2 inches long and less than one inch wide, they'd like that. Last time I had them years ago I had a small terracotta plant pot upside down so the only access was the hole in the bottom of the pot, which was now uppermost. The pot was an inch across at the opening and maybe 1.25 inches top to bottom. They ignored all the nice caves I put in and spawned in the plant pot. How two of them fit inside I don't know but they managed it.

Offline Matt

• @scapeeasy on Instagram
  • Global Moderator
  • www.scapeeasy.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2016, 06:31:47 AM »
Yeah, thanks guys, make me jealous why don't you.  :P
 ;)

Please don't tell me your thinking about buying another tank...

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2016, 10:33:03 AM »
 :rotfl:

Sadly, even if I did, my water isn't suitable for these fish, so I'd have to go down the route of RO water, which I'm trying to avoid. I'm trying to stick with fish that are more suitable for my parameters, than changing my parameters to make them suitable for the fish.

I'm trying to be good and I haven't made any expensive purchases  O:-) as I'm trying to wait until my large tanks are delivered. I really must chase those up as it shoud be this month.

I am starting to get withdrawal sysmptoms though.  :))

Offline Andy The Minion

• Super Subscriber!
  • Rocking Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish Forum User
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2016, 01:50:12 PM »
@Littlefish Large tanks? Were we aware of this development? I see its plural as well !! Come on, spill the beans what are they?????

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2016, 03:05:40 PM »
@Andy the minion I admit that several months ago I started to upgrade my tanks and went with various size Aqua Oak tanks. The final order was 2 Aqua Oak 150cm (AQ150D) tanks, which I'm expecting to hear about quite soon. They are for either side of the fireplace. One is for housing all 6 of my axolotls (now that they have all matured into males), and the other is going to be a river tank.
The past few months have involved moving around tanks and furniture to allow for the upgrades, which is why I changed my signature.  :)
I have also been purchasing the external filters, lights etc. ready for when the tanks are delivered.

Offline Andy The Minion

• Super Subscriber!
  • Rocking Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish Forum User
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2016, 07:02:39 PM »
@Littlefish
Aye Carumba twice ! Almost 1000 litres !! - Serious tank envy :) Two tanks on the same wall I'm sure will look fabulous, don't forget the picture.....

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2016, 07:12:03 PM »
I'll post pictures as I'm setting the tanks up.  :)

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "My 60G(227L) Cube Adventure"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
6 Replies
Last post May 24, 2015, 10:23:27 PM
by sunshine
2 Replies
Last post December 03, 2016, 08:34:26 PM
by suzie61
45 Replies
Last post November 18, 2017, 05:21:30 PM
by apache6467
54 Replies
Last post April 27, 2019, 04:05:10 PM
by fcmf

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: