My 30 Gallon

Author Topic: my 30 gallon  (Read 3660 times) 7 replies

Offline brian c

• Super Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish FTW!
my 30 gallon
« on: July 10, 2014, 05:01:18 AM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
ok im so sick of all of my small friendly fish i wanted some big and semi aggressive fish. so here what i have i want 1 angel fish, 1 blue gourami, 1 jewel cichlid,1 pictus catfish,1 red tail black shark,1 synodontis eupterus,1 sajica cichlid, 1 convict. i know that is a lot but i going to have two 50 gallon filters aquaclear filter 200 to be in fact.and if you punch this in at aqadvisor.com i have enough room,and i can squeeze in the 2 10 gallon water changes per week. and i would like it if you would not try to make me change my mind i have 12 years experience since im 13. and i  would like to know which fish i should put in first. so far i have
1 blue gourami 2 angel fish . thats all i have so far so please help. i know this is a lot but if i dont get help i might do something wrong when i am adding the fish. so please help god bless you  brian c

Offline ColinB

• Superstar Think Fishy Member
Re: my 30 gallon
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 08:49:23 AM »
ok im so sick of all of my small friendly fish i wanted some big and semi aggressive fish. so here what i have i want 1 angel fish, 1 blue gourami, 1 jewel cichlid,1 pictus catfish,1 red tail black shark,1 synodontis eupterus,1 sajica cichlid, 1 convict. i know that is a lot but i going to have two 50 gallon filters aquaclear filter 200 to be in fact.and if you punch this in at aqadvisor.com i have enough room,and i can squeeze in the 2 10 gallon water changes per week. and i would like it if you would not try to make me change my mind i have 12 years experience since im 13. and i  would like to know which fish i should put in first. so far i have
1 blue gourami 2 angel fish . thats all i have so far so please help. i know this is a lot but if i dont get help i might do something wrong when i am adding the fish. so please help god bless you  brian c

You certainly will do something wrong if you put that selection in your tank.

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline ColinB

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 09:51:01 AM »
If you want semi-aggressive fish then please do it properly. Mbuna Cichlids are a really well researched community and all have the same water parameter needs, and there are loads and loads of articles on setting them up, aquascaping them properly, breeding them etc, etc. There are dedicated Cichlid forums and clubs full of enthusiastic helpers.

The link to a very informative article is here, and at the bottom of the article are suggested fish stocks for:

1) A highly aggressive community (the loss of all but one male of each species and at least some females is likely: avoid this selection unless you are very brave)

2) A moderately aggressive community (some fish may still be lost)

3) Another moderately aggressive community, (some fish may still be lost)

4) A less aggressive community (no losses of fish are expected)

The last paragraph of the article says: So that should help you set up a fabulous mbuna display tank. Their constant breeding, territorial squabbling, and enthusiastic feeding, along with their undeniably spectacular color, surely makes an mbuna community the most entertaining tank you can own.

This must be a better idea than throwing the wrong number of uncompatable species together into a closed environment and watching them suffer.

Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline SteveS

• With apologies to M.C.Escher
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 02:02:38 PM »
... i know that is a lot but i going to have two 50 gallon filters aquaclear filter 200 to be in fact.and if you punch this in at aqadvisor.com i have enough room,and i can squeeze in the 2 10 gallon water changes per week.
Don't worry about the filtration. Juvenile fish will require much less than adult fish levels that are normally required and, let's face it, few if any of these creatures are going to last long enough to require more.

It's funny, I was just thinking, immediately before reading your post, about how we were attracting some new voices to this forum and how nice it was to have some innovative ideas, and then we get an idiot like you.

Angelfish (1) - Panda Cory (10) - Harlequin Rasbora (10) - Otocinclus (10) - Japonica Shrimp (10) - Honey Gourami (10) - Galaxy Rasbora (10) -

Offline brian c

• Super Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish FTW!
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 06:39:55 PM »
and i am on 10 forums and i can name over 200 fish at just a glance so what about me being an idiot

Offline Richard W

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 06:47:05 PM »
I agree that the comment was rather uncalled for. However, if I can put it more politely - the selection of fish that you have given include numerous large and aggressive species which are most unlikely to get on together and will quite probably fight and damage or kill each other. If you have a "community" tank then it needs to be a proper community, not a selection of fish that you like the look of.  Some of these fish would certainly suffer at the hands of others, which is something members of the forum have tried to encourage people to avoid.

Offline brian c

• Super Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish FTW!
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 06:57:14 PM »
well i was just thinking and i wanted to have them all but.. its for them. so what fish do you say i should give up and stay. the angel fish blue gourami and the synodontis eupterus i already have the blue and the syn. so i would like the pictus and red tail i have liked them for some time. so is it ok to put them together and if so what else. also dont worry about steve i reported him to the moderator :vcross:

Offline Robert

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 08:24:33 PM »
Guys! Let's play nice please  C:-)

I'm not going to roll out the rules but let's try to treat each other with civility and good humour. I do idiotic things daily but I'm not an idiot. I've great friends who think they're geniuses but are idiots but I'll never tell them ;)

Thread is closed. Please play nice going forward.  :cheers:

Clown Barb (5) - Banded Rainbowfish (2) - Bolivian Ram (4) - Angelfish (1) - Checkered Barb (18) - African Red Eye (4) - Cherry Barb (6) - Neon Tetra (8) - Golden Panchax (1) -

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "my 30 gallon"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
9 Replies
Last post July 11, 2014, 03:33:20 PM
by Sue
35 Replies
Last post July 15, 2014, 07:22:16 AM
by Robert
9 Replies
Last post December 08, 2014, 01:41:18 AM
by brian c
11 Replies
Last post July 15, 2016, 11:03:00 AM
by Evolution Stu
4 Replies
Last post June 09, 2017, 08:47:12 AM
by Sue
7 Replies
Last post September 02, 2018, 08:45:38 PM
by Bazza2000
9 Replies
Last post February 09, 2020, 02:46:33 PM
by fcmf

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: