I Must Be Utterly Stupid!!! Re Filter Pump.

Author Topic: I must be utterly Stupid!!! re Filter pump.  (Read 3423 times) 4 replies

Offline Mervyn

• Super Fishy Member
I must be utterly Stupid!!! re Filter pump.
« on: November 27, 2012, 01:32:56 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Hi,
As title. I really must be stupid. I was thinking that as my Aquarium has been running since October I would clean the pump impeller. I have a Juwel 180 with Internal filter.

I stopped the filter and took the pump out of the housing and no matter what I cannot see where I can separate the pump. I have tried, but maybe fear of damaging it, I cannot seem to part it or indeed see where it is supposed to come apart!

It obviously is supposed to come apart,and I feel a complete idiot, but does anyone have experience of these pumps? and how they come apart?

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Bristlenose Plec (2) - Golden Barb (8) - Angelfish (8) - Platy (8) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Panda Cory (8) - Rosy Barb (7) - Boeseman's Rainbowfish (7) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Mervyn

• Super Fishy Member
Re: I must be utterly Stupid!!! re Filter pump.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 02:24:38 PM »
I feel more of a numpty now!!! :-[  I was reading an old Manual. I decided to root out the Instruction disc that came with the Aquarium and have found that they have changed the pump and how it comes apart. ::)

Everything is now ok!! ;D

Bristlenose Plec (2) - Golden Barb (8) - Angelfish (8) - Platy (8) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Panda Cory (8) - Rosy Barb (7) - Boeseman's Rainbowfish (7) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 02:54:10 PM »
That sort of thing happens to all of us happens to all of us from time to time  ;D.

TigzFish

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 11:27:19 AM »
Mervyn, these brain-fog moments are common over here too, so you are in good company.

Last weekend I moved my external cannister filter from the back of the unit my tank is sitting on, to the inside cupboard (had to wait to get some longer tubes for inlet and outlet).  I cleaned the filter out too and putting everything back together attached the inlet & outlet.  I tried to recharge and restart the filter but it was having none of it, simply would not move water. I've not had this issue before, so was a bit confused.

It took me 20 minutes to figure out that I had attached my inlet tube and outlet tube to the wrong connector in the filter.  What a dummy.  ::)

That's not all. In my eureka moment my brain said "remove tubes and switch them around, simple".  So I removed the first one and of course as the other end was in the tank, and the bit I was holding is under the tank, I got a face full of tank water for my stupidity.  :o

What a mess all over me and my laminate floor.  I'll not do that again! ;D

Offline Don

• Fishy Member
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 05:51:50 PM »
Yep one here too.

Couldnt get my external filter to flow out. Took 20mins to relaise i had connected the spray bar round the wrong way son the blanking end was in the out flow pipe

doh  ::)

Golden Pencilfish (25) - Panda Cory (20) - Panda Dwarf Cichlid (2) - Lampeye Panchax (15) - Bristlenose Plec (2) - Discus (7) - Sparkling Gourami (8) - Japonica Shrimp (10) - Bristlenose Plec (3) -

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "I must be utterly Stupid!!! re Filter pump."

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
5 Replies
Last post October 30, 2012, 12:51:20 PM
by lindseyvic
5 Replies
Last post April 08, 2013, 02:54:44 PM
by suep
4 Replies
Last post August 22, 2013, 11:31:41 AM
by Resa
9 Replies
Last post April 27, 2015, 03:48:34 PM
by Sanjo
20 Replies
Last post April 09, 2016, 05:34:43 PM
by Richard W
17 Replies
Last post January 21, 2018, 04:17:28 PM
by Littlefish
6 Replies
Last post October 19, 2019, 08:10:38 AM
by Littlefish

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: