I Have Ordered The Eheim Pro 3 250

Author Topic: I have ordered the Eheim Pro 3 250  (Read 12022 times) 27 replies

Offline Mervyn

• Super Fishy Member
Re: I have ordered the Eheim Pro 3 250
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2012, 02:41:56 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Cannot submerge the sprinkler....If I do I get an annoying humming noise!! I can put up with the noise from the sprinkler but I do not like all the bubbles but hate the humming more. >:(

I will take a look to see what I can do tomorrow.

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Bristlenose Plec (2) - Golden Barb (8) - Angelfish (8) - Platy (8) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Panda Cory (8) - Rosy Barb (7) - Boeseman's Rainbowfish (7) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Don

• Fishy Member
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2012, 03:00:07 PM »
Hmm, check the spray bar holes cover each one up and see if the noise goes. Had a noise with my jbl spray bar and it turned out thatthe last whole of the spray bar wasnt big enough and the water was causing a whine as it came out. Widened the whole a tiny amount and the noise stopped.

Golden Pencilfish (25) - Panda Cory (20) - Panda Dwarf Cichlid (2) - Lampeye Panchax (15) - Bristlenose Plec (2) - Discus (7) - Sparkling Gourami (8) - Japonica Shrimp (10) - Bristlenose Plec (3) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Mervyn

• Super Fishy Member
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2012, 03:17:29 PM »
Thanks Don will do, but when I moved the bar it stopped...the problem I think, is that when I submerse it,because of the length of hose I have attached it with, is a little on the long side. I will have a play about in the morning when the wife is at work ;D

Bristlenose Plec (2) - Golden Barb (8) - Angelfish (8) - Platy (8) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Panda Cory (8) - Rosy Barb (7) - Boeseman's Rainbowfish (7) -

Offline Mervyn

• Super Fishy Member
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2012, 09:59:10 AM »
Errrm....I have a really annoying hum.

It does not appear to come from the filter box itself, but sounds like some sort of resonance (spelling?)maybe from the Aquarium itself?

Interestingly it 98% disappears when I lift the lid flaps?

I cannot have the lid flaps up permanently and neither do I wish to listen to the hum..

I have tried doing all sorts of different things but to no avail.

The only thing that works is having the sprinkler bar out of the water with associated noise,which I do not dislike, and thousands of bubbles which I do not like.
!!
Maybe I am being too fussy

Any suggestions please?

Offline Mervyn

• Super Fishy Member
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2012, 10:10:55 AM »
Solved it  ;D  I played some more and I realised it had to do with the suckers holding the sprinkler bar on.

I threatened them that I was about to ditch them :P  moved the bar..removed suckers replaced etc and the noise disappeared!!  result ;D

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2012, 02:20:04 PM »
Tanks with hums are starnge creatures. The 25 litre with the betta in has a lid consisting of a condensation tray and a sheet of perspex over that (cheap tank, original black lid cracked). Sometimes it hums loudly. The way to stop it is to move the perspex 1/4 inch. I have no idea how this stops the hum as the perspex doesn't touch the filter or heater wires.
The moral of the story is: if you have a hum, try wriggling everything; you'll be surprised at what can work  ;D

Offline Mervyn

• Super Fishy Member
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2012, 02:33:34 PM »
Yes that is how I got it sorted....the best way I have found is having the sprinkler bar on a slant...not ideal as I like everything neat, and the end that connects to the crook will not go any lower!

What I really need is a z or s shape connector, so I could connect to the shepherds crook and then drop the sprinkler bar to a lower level.

I found that the hose is just not pliable enough without it kinking.

Offline Mervyn

• Super Fishy Member
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2012, 01:07:06 PM »
Well the new filter is running well and no sign of the haziness I was getting with the Juwel, but to be honest when I swapped filters the haziness had all but disappeared.

Now a question for Eheim owners...how often do you clean your pre-filter out?? Don't want to do unneeded cleaning but I also want the filter to be running on top form.

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "I have ordered the Eheim Pro 3 250"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
3 Replies
Last post November 12, 2014, 10:40:27 PM
by biffster
16 Replies
Last post October 26, 2014, 08:37:28 PM
by Pitbull
11 Replies
Last post September 06, 2015, 04:25:56 PM
by Sanjo
27 Replies
Last post December 09, 2015, 10:14:41 PM
by tracymeg
7 Replies
Last post May 12, 2018, 11:31:37 AM
by TopCookie
2 Replies
Last post May 19, 2017, 09:13:11 AM
by Robert
0 Replies
Last post April 02, 2019, 04:13:29 PM
by jaypeecee

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: