Author Topic: Help with Gourami... Whitespot?  (Read 5705 times) 13 replies

Offline Daz

• Tropical Fish Forum User
Help with Gourami... Whitespot?
« on: June 04, 2016, 08:46:43 AM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
hi can anyone tell me what this is on my gouarmi i thought it was white spot

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Glowlight Danio (6) - Black Molly (4) - Angelfish (5) - Red Tail Black Shark (1) - Siamese Fighting Fish (female) (1) - Dwarf Gourami (4) - Cardinal Tetra (15) - Yoyo Loach (2) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Paddyc

• Super Hero Member
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
Re: HELP
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 08:53:37 AM »
I'm sorry did you mean to post a picture?

Well done on posting pics and the quality of them! Your poor fish doesn't look quite right, does he?

I have edited your post title to give a bit more detail on the issue. Vague titles aren't helpful for searches etc. We need to know more if we are going to be able to help you.

Welcome along to the forum. Hoping our members and articles can help you through the problem.

Offline Daz

Re: Help with Gourami... Whitespot?
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 09:00:21 AM »
THANKS

Glowlight Danio (6) - Black Molly (4) - Angelfish (5) - Red Tail Black Shark (1) - Siamese Fighting Fish (female) (1) - Dwarf Gourami (4) - Cardinal Tetra (15) - Yoyo Loach (2) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Extreme_One

• Super Hero Member
  • Call me Simon
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 09:13:17 AM »
Still can't see a photo.

In the meantime perhaps the following article will be useful: http://www.thinkfish.co.uk/health/whitespot

Tiger Barb (1) - Cardinal Tetra (17) - Otocinclus (1) - Agassiz's Dwarf Cichlid (2) - Ornamental Snails (50) - Assassin Snail (2) -

Offline fcmf

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • [PicCredit: @NiloSinnatamby]
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 09:19:37 AM »
Welcome to the forum.  :wave:

Hopefully we'll be able to help you once you've read the article that Simon / Extreme One's linked for you, and once you've managed to upload a pic or provided a more detailed description of what you're seeing and in what locations on the fish.

Offline Sue

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 10:00:55 AM »
If the forum won't let you attach a photo because it is too big, you can either resize it or use a hosting site such as photobucket and paste the url into your post as a link.

Offline Extreme_One

• Super Hero Member
  • Call me Simon
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 08:59:09 PM »
I couldn't see a photo when viewing the site on my tablet but I can see the photo on my desktop PC.
However, as it's slightly out of focus, I can't make out anything that I would definitively say was whitespot.

Whitespot looks a little like a grain of salt attached to the fish and initially there can be just one or two present, but if left untreated there can soon be dozens of specks showing all over the affected fish.

Treatment for whitespot is explained in some detail in the article I linked earlier.

Otherwise, come back with more info and someone will be able to offer further advice.

Tiger Barb (1) - Cardinal Tetra (17) - Otocinclus (1) - Agassiz's Dwarf Cichlid (2) - Ornamental Snails (50) - Assassin Snail (2) -

Offline fcmf

• [PicCredit: @NiloSinnatamby]
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2016, 08:35:00 AM »
I can see the photos today although couldn't see them from either my phone or laptop yesterday.

I do see what might be 4 "markings" across the fish's body - or is that just the way the light is reflected when taking the photos?

If they are markings on the fish's body, could you describe them in more detail - are they fluffy, blister-like or what? Did they just appear suddenly or did the fish have something different beforehand such as white spots (and, if so, for how long?) and which then turned into this later?

What other fish are in the tank, and are they affected in any way?

Is there any possibility that the fish could have injured itself on anything in the tank or been captured in a net and moved recently?

Sorry for so many questions but this should help us to help you reach a diagnosis and advise on suitable treatment if necessary.

Offline Paddyc

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2016, 08:50:58 AM »
Fcmf, I wondered about some sort of trauma too, like the fish has been stuck in some decor or a filter inlet or such....

Offline Daz

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 10:35:40 AM »
hi i had white spot on cardinal tetra i lost 20 out of 22 only have 2 remaining the white spot has been treated ie king british ws3 today is the 5th dose half recommended dosage due to red tail shark and 4 albino corys then i intend doing a 10% water change i also turn the temperature up to 84% and added aquamium salt all other fish are fine 3 angelfish 1 redtail shark 1 betta 4 mollies 4 albino corys also i noticed 1 angel fish keeps atttacking the gourami  i also lost 2 bengal loaches i think this was due to the salt 

Offline Sue

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2016, 12:02:22 PM »
If you have seen the angelfish attacking the gourami, I would suspect injury from that. Could the fish have burned itself on the heater? Or just possibly the onset of the incurable dwarf gourami disease (dwarf gourami iridovirus). Google that and see if the symptoms match what you are seeing.

The betta will also cause problems - gouramis and bettas should never be kept together because of aggression between the two species.

Offline Fiona

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2016, 12:02:46 PM »
Oooo the tetras really wont like the salt.  :(

Offline Matt

• @scapeeasy on Instagram
  • Global Moderator
  • www.scapeeasy.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2016, 09:27:32 PM »
Could they be ulcers Daz?  Either way, I wonder if it would be worth treating with an antibacterial medication... :-\

Offline Fiona

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2016, 01:21:53 PM »
How's the gourami @Daz

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "Help with Gourami... Whitespot? "

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
3 Replies
Last post September 27, 2012, 12:05:18 PM
by Sue
1 Replies
Last post September 27, 2012, 11:50:31 AM
by Sue
9 Replies
Last post August 12, 2014, 10:12:31 AM
by Sue
4 Replies
Last post August 15, 2014, 08:18:11 PM
by Diz1
4 Replies
Last post January 06, 2016, 07:20:42 PM
by fcmf
10 Replies
Last post February 13, 2016, 12:29:58 PM
by Fiona
3 Replies
Last post October 01, 2017, 03:06:18 PM
by Matt

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: