Endler Seems To Have "faded"

Author Topic: Endler seems to have "faded"  (Read 4214 times) 5 replies

Offline DutchyHolland

• Fishy Member
Endler seems to have "faded"
« on: August 15, 2013, 09:56:46 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Hi all,
I'm in the process of introducing myself (in the Welcome forum) but thought I'd ask about one of my Endlers who seems to have faded in colour in the meantime.  For the last couple of days he's drifted rather aimlessly around the tank, not mixing with the other fish and sitting around on the bottom quite a lot.  One of his brothers did much the same for a few days but is now up and about again.  Is this sort of behaviour usual?  (Water is 0 NH3, 0 NO2, 5 NO3)

Here he is on the bottom with one of his brothers whizzing by.

Many thanks,
Ken

Offline Resa

• Superstar Think Fishy Member
Re: Endler seems to have "faded"
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 01:31:09 AM »
Hi Ken...me again!

Worrying stuff about your little endler :( I can't help much except to say that is exactly what happened to my guppies, sadly they died. One quite quickly after behaving like that and the other improving a bit, then fading again, improving and then finally turning up his fins. Apparently, guppies these days are prone to just dying, I don't know if endlers are affected the same way, but Sue will tell you tomorrow, (she knows EVERYTHING!) and keeps endlers herself, as does Jesnon.

I hope he gets better.

Resa
  :)

P.S. Steve will be pleased you posted your threads on the right bits, he can be very picky ;)

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Panda Cory (11) - Otocinclus (2) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (7) - Dwarf Gourami (2) - Red Phantom Tetra (5) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (2) - Otocinclus (2) - Guppy (male) (4) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (6) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) - Panda Cory (6) - Otocinclus (2) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (6) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (5) - Guppy (male) (4) - Otocinclus (2) - Panda Cory (6) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 08:29:37 AM »
I have male endlers at the moment, and bred pure endlers a few years ago. This does happen to individual fish from time to time, and usually ends up with the fish fading away completely. Sitting on one place is not normal for male endlers, though it is for the less active females. I've not found a cure. Keep an eye on it for now, and if it looks to be suffering I treat them like I would a dog in severe pain - I put them down.

Offline DutchyHolland

• Fishy Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 11:22:25 AM »
Thanks for the words Resa and Sue.  Thankfully he seems to have much recovered today and is swimming around with his buddies as if nothing was ever wrong.  He's still down in colour though and I'll be keeping a very close eye on things - especially after last night!  (See my other thread in "Welcome").

Have you got any picsof your purebreds Sue?  I heard that all the petshop stock these days were hybrids so it'd be nice to see what they should look like.

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 12:19:05 PM »
Unfortunately I didn't have a camera when I had the endlers. I had top yellow swords from a man in Cumbria and red chests from a woman in south Wales. Both were registered keepers on the British endlersrus website (which has long gone). You can find pics of these two on here. I sold the fry quite easily for a couple of years, then everyone who wanted them had bought them and my market dried up. So I sold them all, fry and parents. But I liked them and missed them so last year I bought some more. I did let them have a couple of broods then sold most of them on, just keeping a few males. There are terrible pics of them here

Offline DutchyHolland

• Fishy Member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 12:36:27 PM »
Thanks Sue - Wow, you've got some lovely little fish.   :D

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "Endler seems to have "faded""

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
6 Replies
Last post March 19, 2013, 07:51:23 AM
by ColinB
15 Replies
Last post November 02, 2014, 06:07:58 PM
by brian c
13 Replies
Last post January 08, 2016, 12:15:23 AM
by Barzers
4 Replies
Last post November 29, 2015, 11:03:44 PM
by fcmf
15 Replies
Last post April 26, 2016, 09:27:04 PM
by fcmf
12 Replies
Last post March 26, 2016, 09:27:25 AM
by Sue
0 Replies
Last post June 16, 2016, 08:55:02 AM
by Robert

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: