Aquatic Stores In West Sussex

Author Topic: Aquatic stores in West Sussex  (Read 4803 times) 4 replies

Offline Bubbs

• Tropical Fish FTW!
Aquatic stores in West Sussex
« on: May 27, 2015, 02:22:52 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Hope everyone is enjoying this lovely weather!!  8)

I just wondered if anyone could recommend any good aquatic stores in the West Sussex area (the closer to Crawley the better).  I am aware of World of Water but wanted to see what else there is out there - particularly ones that stock a good selection of fish.  :fishy1: :fishy1:

Thanks in advance for any responses

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Discus (7) - Bristlenose Plec (8) - Swordtail (female) (1) - Golden Barb (2) - Angelfish (2) - Fiveband Barb (3) - Ram / Butterfly Cichlid (1) - Harlequin Rasbora (10) - Sterbas Cory (9) - Severum (3) - Swordtail (male) (1) - Swordtail (female) (3) - Discus (8) - Diamond Tetra (4) - Serpae Tetra (5) - Bristlenose Plec (8) - Ram / Butterfly Cichlid (3) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Cod_only_knows

• Rocking Fishy Member
  • Just for the halibut!
Re: Aquatic stores in West Sussex
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 07:06:07 PM »
I live in Surrey and can give you the low down on loads of stores around Woking, Guildford, Farnham and Aldershot, but I haven't visited any in W. Sussex.

I've heard that there's a huge shop called Charlwood Aquatics near Gatwick. It's more of a wholesalers that sells to the public. They sell online as Aquatics to your door. I've read mixed reviews, some people being impressed with the huge range of fish and the prices, whilst others say the place isn't the cleanest and staff aren't very friendly. If you go, expect more of an industrial setup without the gloss of a proper fish store. If you know what you're looking for and can spot a sick fish you may be in luck.

I visited a World of Water in Staines, and I have to say it was the worst store I've ever visited. Overstocked tanks, dead fish and a filthy store. Would never visit one again to be honest.

Checkered Barb (3) - Endler's Livebearer (5) - Galaxy Rasbora (7) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Bubbs

• Tropical Fish FTW!
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 01:48:10 PM »
Great stuff, I will certainly check them out, thank you for the suggestion  ;D

Discus (7) - Bristlenose Plec (8) - Swordtail (female) (1) - Golden Barb (2) - Angelfish (2) - Fiveband Barb (3) - Ram / Butterfly Cichlid (1) - Harlequin Rasbora (10) - Sterbas Cory (9) - Severum (3) - Swordtail (male) (1) - Swordtail (female) (3) - Discus (8) - Diamond Tetra (4) - Serpae Tetra (5) - Bristlenose Plec (8) - Ram / Butterfly Cichlid (3) -

Offline Pawel

• Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish FTW!
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 08:20:32 PM »
H2O Habitat is quite small, but certainly worth a visit. It's in Woldingham, Surrey. I bought fish and plants from them, good price and quality.

Offline Cod_only_knows

• Rocking Fishy Member
  • Just for the halibut!
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 08:28:02 PM »
I have no idea where Woldringham is, but H2O Habitat is rated as one of the best stores in the South East by Practical Fishkeeping Magazine. Well worth a visit if you can get there by the sounds of it.

Checkered Barb (3) - Endler's Livebearer (5) - Galaxy Rasbora (7) -

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "Aquatic stores in West Sussex"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
2 Replies
Last post September 30, 2014, 07:42:32 AM
by chris213
12 Replies
Last post February 24, 2017, 10:44:50 AM
by Fiona
0 Replies
Last post July 11, 2019, 07:18:47 PM
by jaypeecee
2 Replies
Last post August 26, 2019, 07:46:10 PM
by Matt
6 Replies
Last post February 23, 2020, 06:21:03 PM
by fcmf
7 Replies
Last post January 12, 2021, 05:39:20 AM
by Matt

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: