RCS And Moulting

Author Topic: RCS and moulting  (Read 6222 times) 22 replies

Offline Diz1

• Superstar Think Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish FTW!
Re: RCS and moulting
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2015, 09:44:08 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Sorry Skittler, my brain hurts as well! Sue will keep you right re: moulting. I think as long as you use the beta glucans or bacter AE, you will be OK. I also have something called tantora stone in my shrimpery. It's supposed to help with moulting, but I am in a very soft water area and that means that my water doesn't contain the correct minerals for moulting, so I have to add them. It may be that your water doesn't require these supplements.

Offline Diz1

• Tropical Fish FTW!
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2015, 09:45:36 PM »
*EDIT* thanks for the advice Extreme One. You can probably tell that I'm not technically minded! :)

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2015, 11:14:27 AM »
My pack of beta g has a picture of crystal reds and a clown fish (the marine fish) on the front. It says it "boosts immune function and enhances aquatic cells' antibacterial activity". This was recommended to me because the most likely cause of my initial shrimp deaths was a bacterium in my tank that the shrimps lacked immunity to. The idea being that beta g would build up their immunity rather than use some chemical to kill the bacteria, which could have other less desirable effects as well.

According to their website, bacter ae
adds important microorganisms, amino acids and enzymes to your aquarium. It enhancing water quality and improving the development of biofilms, which are essential for shrimp. The biofilms thus created provide them with a valuable staple food rich in beneficial proteins, especially improving the survival rate of young shrimplets. In addition, live probiotic bacteria improve the nutrient uptake of the shrimp and influence their digestive processes in a positive way.

It seems the two do different things so both can be used.

As far as adding crystal reds, my GH and KH are just about acceptable, though my pH is slightly higher than they like. If you are using crushed coral, your GH and KH may end up too high for them.

It a week since I got my crystals, one had died but the other four are still alive.

The problem with these two species' names is that they may be long winded to type but the usual way of referring to them, CRS and RCS, and just too similar! It just takes one slip of the fingers and we'll end up taking about different species  ;D

Tags:

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: