See less of these, support the forums and become a Super Subscriber today!

We also have sponsorship opportunities for tropical fish related businesses from just 20 per month.

Think Fish Keepers Daily News.

Author Topic: Think Fish Keepers Daily News.  (Read 115490 times)

Offline Littlefish

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • Hero Think Fishy Member
  • aka Donna
Re: Think Fish Keepers Daily News.
« Reply #1650 on: November 23, 2018, 09:49:12 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
There is something very adorable about watching tiny fish (eg neon green rasboras / MDK) chomping on a large brineshrimp or savouring a piece of bloodworm.
 :fishy1:

I agree.
I also like seeing my amano shrimp run off with a whole algae wafer.

I'm quite small, but completely certain I am far from adorable when tackling a large meal.  :rotfl:

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1651 on: November 24, 2018, 09:35:26 AM »
Reading about Littlefish's Maidenhead Aquatics in another thread prompted me to look at their store locator.

I'm now very happy  ;D

https://www.fishkeeper.co.uk/store/stokesley

The place was totally destroyed, just a tangle of metal roof lying on top of incinerated garden centre. Just a couple of months ago we went there to get some autumn lawn feed and there was nothing, they were still clearing the last of the debris, and operating from a temporary building adjacent to the site. The garden centre website says they are still operating from this temporary building, so where exactly is this MA that's about to re-open? The temp building is too small for them as well. I'll keep an eye on the MA site, then I'll have to persuade my husband to take a trip.......

[For those readers who don't know what I'm talking about, see post #1093 on page 44 of this thread]

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #1652 on: November 24, 2018, 10:05:46 AM »
Great news Sue.  :cheers:
Please keep us updated on the progress of your local MA.

Offline fcmf

« Reply #1653 on: November 24, 2018, 01:45:55 PM »
That is good. I'll never forget this as it really upset me, thinking about what those poor fish might have gone through - and hoping sincerely that it was swift. I've had a look at their Facebook page and the precise location is not clear - I got the impression it might be in the temporary building - but most of the staff have been working in the Stockton-on-Tees branch and will be returning to this branch.

Offline Matt

• @ScapeEasy on Instagram
  • Global Moderator
  • www.ScapeEasy.co.uk
« Reply #1654 on: November 24, 2018, 01:58:35 PM »
Good to know that they kept the staff on!

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1655 on: November 24, 2018, 02:06:50 PM »
I have not been in the Stockton branch recently to recognise any of the Stokesley staff, even if Stockton is a lot nearer. Stockton is the smallest MA I've ever been in so they don't stock as much as the other branches. It's in a Wyevale garden centre and we tend to avoid those - their dry good are expensive and their plants are arranged by climate type not alphabetically so we can never find anything. Strikes at Stokesley not only is a better garden centre is also used to house a bigger MA, and hopefully soon will again.

Offline fcmf

« Reply #1656 on: November 25, 2018, 03:35:19 PM »
A flurry of activity in the tank today. X-rays are sedate at the bottom, enjoying the peace and shade of a silk plant. Harlies are sedately over to one side. Greenies are playing in the filter outlet flow, in a sort-of restructuring of the hierarchy as to who gets first rights to ride the flow - so far, two of the slightly older and bigger (3cm) ones seem to be at the top of the hierarchy but one newer and smaller (1.5cm) one is challenging one of the older ones, while the remaining 3 smaller ones are playing tig a little lower down in the tank, possibly sorting out who's next in the ranking order.

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #1657 on: November 26, 2018, 08:37:04 AM »
Good to hear that your gang are settling in the tank @fcmf
Fingers crossed for a long period of peace, harmony, and good health for all.

Offline fcmf

« Reply #1658 on: November 26, 2018, 06:03:56 PM »
Thanks, @Littlefish

I've noticed today that the new fish haven't quite got used to human habits. For example, if I'm sitting by the tank and lift a hand to move a hair away from my face, they scatter, causing the entire tankload of fish to follow suit. Later on at lunchtime, I was sitting eating my sandwich by the tank and wondered if they'd notice that I was actually eating and start begging for their own lunch but, instead, they scattered every time I lifted the sandwich to my mouth. Needless to say, I felt bad about eating in front of them and instilling panic, so followed this up with fishfood (for them, not me).

Offline fcmf

« Reply #1659 on: December 06, 2018, 01:50:27 PM »
It's that time of year again with the darker days, which I think we discussed last year, when the fishtank light makes the tank brighter than the room it's in. My fish have been very pre-occupied with their own reflections and vigorously swimming alongside these reflections for the past few days.
 :fishy1: :fishy1: :fishy1:

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1660 on: December 06, 2018, 01:59:09 PM »
My betta is in a tank with a perspex lid. The tank light comes on mid afternoon. It was so dim at lunchtime today that I had to turn the kitchen light on so he could find his food  ;D

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #1661 on: December 08, 2018, 12:13:11 PM »
Went to MA this morning to get some RO water., and I've had another accident... ::)
I swore I'd never get another betta after the recent loss of both Kimi and Seb, but as soon as I saw this little fella I fell for him, so meet Spot.
He's been reserved, and is still at the store until I get a tank set up for him.

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1662 on: December 08, 2018, 01:59:49 PM »
Oooh, he's pretty  :)

Offline fcmf

« Reply #1663 on: December 08, 2018, 03:35:19 PM »
Ooooh, I love reading about your ":fishy1: accidents" - if anything, it perturbs me if some time has passed without one occurring as it seems as though the world is out-of-sorts.

He is indeed lovely. Looking forward to seeing him in his new home in due course.

Offline Matt

• @ScapeEasy on Instagram
  • Global Moderator
  • www.ScapeEasy.co.uk
« Reply #1664 on: December 08, 2018, 04:17:00 PM »
 ::)  :rotfl:

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #1665 on: December 08, 2018, 07:08:56 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 1
That is the store that has been having a bit of a refurbishment, and got the extra plant tanks recently. They also seem to be getting some really nice looking fish in over the past couple of months, and I think I'm going to have to start going to that store wearing blinkers because there is far too much temptation.  :-[

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1666 on: December 09, 2018, 09:37:18 AM »
The MA website still says Stokesley is re-opening end November, but I haven't been to investigate yet. Garden centres are so busy at this time of year, and in the small temporary building it would probably take me half an hour to reach the MA through the crowds  ;D

Offline fcmf

« Reply #1667 on: December 09, 2018, 05:16:23 PM »
The MA website still says Stokesley is re-opening end November, but I haven't been to investigate yet. Garden centres are so busy at this time of year, and in the small temporary building it would probably take me half an hour to reach the MA through the crowds  ;D
According to its Facebook page (https://en-gb.facebook.com/MAStokesley/), and an update yesterday, there is no livestock in just yet.

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1668 on: December 09, 2018, 06:32:48 PM »
In that case it's a good thing we haven't braved the Christmas crush  ;D I don't use Facebook, I just go by MA's website. Presumably they do have dry goods?

Offline fcmf

« Reply #1669 on: December 10, 2018, 08:43:02 PM »
In that case it's a good thing we haven't braved the Christmas crush  ;D I don't use Facebook, I just go by MA's website. Presumably they do have dry goods?
Yes, according to a comment on that page.  :D

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1670 on: December 10, 2018, 09:22:57 PM »
Actually that makes a lot of sense if they are in a corner of the temporary building. It will be easy enough to move shelves of decor, food, filter media etc once the new building is finally built, but setting up a lot of tanks and the filtration system isn't something to be done quickly, nor would it be easy to move.

See less of these, become a Super Subscriber today! We also have sponsorship opportunities for tropical fish related businesses from just 20 per month.
See less of these, support the forums and become a Super Subscriber today!

We also have sponsorship opportunities for tropical fish related businesses from just 20 per month.

** Become a ThinkFish Super Subscriber **

It takes time and money to keep ThinkFish going, if you'd like to help, then a Subscription of your choice would be fantastic. Your subscription will help fund new articles, help pay for server costs and help fund development and promotion initiatives, helping us bring you more of the good stuff you love! You'll also see less ads. Why not become a Super Subscriber today!?

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "Think Fish Keepers Daily News."

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
8 Replies
Last post January 10, 2014, 10:45:54 PM
by SteveS
5 Replies
Last post February 14, 2015, 07:30:20 PM
by Sue
7 Replies
Last post May 08, 2015, 08:33:20 PM
by Robert
38 Replies
Last post July 11, 2017, 08:18:24 PM
by Littlefish
7 Replies
Last post June 26, 2017, 02:08:12 PM
by Sue
3 Replies
Last post December 11, 2017, 08:30:35 PM
by Deleted User
0 Replies
Last post November 01, 2018, 03:40:31 PM
by Robert

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 

Think Fish © 2004-2018 | Keeping Tropical Fish Forum - Everything you need for your Tropical Fish hobby
Tropical Fish Market Place
SEO Services in Kent
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: