Long Distance Tanks, Twinning, Micro Rasbora & Dwarf Puffer Appreciation Thread

Author Topic: Long distance tanks, twinning, micro rasbora & dwarf puffer appreciation thread  (Read 6630 times) 24 replies

Offline Fiona

• Super Hero Member
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Ta Sue.

and you're right Donna, it doesn't help  :(  My big male definitely looks like the picture of T. travancoricus, except he doesnt sparkle like the one in he pic, he's completely dull.

curious and curiouser

PK has 2 articles on them but they both use the same stock photos.

I've also found conflicting advice about tooth care, some say they need to wear their teeth down on snails and some dont. However I have noticed when I feed them snails they don't actually bite the shell, they just eat the part protruding from the shell which makes me think that actually they don't need snails in their diet.

Offline Littlefish

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • aka Donna
I'm fairly certain, after watching the tank today, that my 2 largest puffers are dull males (aren't they all  ;) ). They did a bit of puffing and circling today. I have 3 females and at least 2 of them are iridescent. I have at least 1 large and 2 young iridescent males. That accounts for 8 out of 11.
When mine eat snails they suck them out of the shell. I have noticed that if I don't feed them snails regularly they do get bits of food, or bits of fluff or something, stuck on their mouths. When I asked Steve he said that it happens with his South American Puffers when their beaks need trimming. I think perhaps it's that snails are just tougher meat than bloodworms, rather than the snail shell keeping the beak down.
I've given up on telling the difference between types, so I'm just labelling them all as "adorable".  ;D

Offline Fiona

• Super Hero Member
Im going to see if I can hijack my son's phone and shoot a video today.  :)

Offline ColinB

Careful - GCHQ are probably scanning your computer right now after reading that combination of words! ;)

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Fiona

• Super Hero Member

Careful - GCHQ are probably scanning your computer right now after reading that combination of words! ;)

:yikes: Good grief I do hope not, a gal likes her privacy. 

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "Long distance tanks, twinning, micro rasbora & dwarf puffer appreciation thread"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
5 Replies
Last post May 06, 2015, 07:32:26 PM
by Richard W
30 Replies
Last post March 26, 2016, 02:15:17 PM
by Littlefish
3 Replies
Last post April 02, 2016, 09:21:10 AM
by Sue
13 Replies
Last post April 26, 2016, 10:34:23 AM
by Littlefish
0 Replies
Last post May 21, 2016, 12:01:59 PM
by Sue
6 Replies
Last post June 14, 2016, 10:55:13 AM
by Paddyc
59 Replies
Last post November 14, 2016, 09:07:12 PM
by Littlefish

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: