Fish Tank Delivery Day At The Littlefish Household

Author Topic: Fish tank delivery day at the Littlefish household  (Read 5948 times) 24 replies

Offline Littlefish

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
  • aka Donna
Fish tank delivery day at the Littlefish household
« on: December 19, 2016, 09:06:34 AM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 1
Delivery day today.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited.  ;D

Tanks due some time between 12 - 2pm, currently relaxing with a coffee before getting around to moving the tv and last bits and pieces (christmas tree, etc.) out of the way of the delivery route.

BFF from Cardiff has a go pro and says she's planning to visit in the new year with it. Looking forward to seeing how the gang react, especially the axolotls. Hoping to catch one yawning, like the pic that one of the girls posted on the caudata forum.

Offline Andy The Minion

• Super Subscriber!
  • Rocking Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish Forum User
Re: Fish tank delivery day at the Littlefish household
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 12:15:07 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
12:15 Is it there yet........ is it there yet......... is it there yet

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 12:41:30 PM »
Not yet, but I've moved the tv, etc. to make way for everything, so I hope that they arrive soon.  ;D
I did knock quite a lot of decorations off the Christmas tree when moving it, but it's a small price to pay for getting the tanks delivered.
I'm currently doing meerkat impressions, every time I hear a van/truck I pop my head up to look out of the window to see if it is the delivery guys.  ;D

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 12:50:05 PM »
Drill and jigsaw are fully charged for cutting holes in the cabinets. Yes, I've ordered tanks that are going to be such a tight fit that I'm going to have to cut holes for the plug sockets, otherwise there is a strong possibility that the cabinets won't fit in the space.
I originally ordered a 1.2m tank, then when it was delivered into the space I realised I could probably get away with the 1.5m tanks, and moved the 1.2 to the spare room.
If it all goes horribly wrong (slim chance, but still a chance), then the 1.2m tank will have to move back into the living room and the 2 x 1.5m tanks will have to go into the spare room.
Excited and nervous in equal measure - if the tanks don't fit I expect to be thoroughly ridiculed (for being a girl and totally unable to measure anything accurately) the next time I visit the store.  :rotfl:

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 01:48:03 PM »
They are here.

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 01:59:15 PM »
So far so good.
More room than I thought, so no need to cut holes in the cabinets.  ;D

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2016, 02:26:10 PM »
Done.  ;D

Offline Sue

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2016, 05:23:19 PM »
Well done  :cheers:

I'll bet it's such a relief that you finally have them installed  :)

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2016, 05:59:04 PM »
Yes, a great relief.  :)
The guys from MA that delivered them were very quick unpacking and getting things sorted & set up.
Unfortunately there will be another slight delay in filling the tanks as the sticker on the glass says not to fill until 22/12, silicone still curing, and probably don't want any trouble with that.
This evening I have to slide the current axolotl tanks to another part of the room so I can find some space to plug the tv back in.
House is a bit chaotic, so I've got some time tomorrow to sort things out.  ;D

Offline Sue

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2016, 08:24:58 PM »
That happened with my 180 litre, there was a sticker saying not to fill until a couple of days after I got it. It was delivered by the company that made my tank and they told me to put a few inches in the first day I was allowed, then half fill it next day and if everything was OK I could fill it properly on the third day. It took a lot of patience to wait that long  ;D

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2016, 08:45:54 PM »
After waiting this long for the tanks a few more days doesn't seem too bad. At least I have the tanks here.
Work is shut down between Chrstmas and New Year, so that seems like as good a time as any to set up the tanks.
Filling them over several days will also help with the pH of the water, especially if I use some water from the current tanks as well, so the axolotls should be comfortable with their move eventually.  ;D

Offline Andy The Minion

• Super Subscriber!
  • Rocking Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish Forum User
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2016, 08:55:52 PM »
Oooerr @Littlefish What a lovely pair!
Is it too late to mention the backgrounds, if you intend to use any they are a lot easier before the tanks are in place. Painting with acrylic paint is also good - it comes off really easily if you change your mind.
I saw how close one of the legs was to the hearth surround was that luck or judgement?

Offline fcmf

• [PicCredit: @NiloSinnatamby]
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2016, 10:10:25 PM »
Wow - I'm so envious. They look absolutely fantastic - and great that you didn't need to cut holes in cabinets. I'm very excited about this development. :)

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2016, 11:00:26 PM »
Oooerr @Littlefish What a lovely pair!
:rotfl:
As for the backgrounds, the top slides off the tank easily, and the cabinet doesn't cover the tank at the back, so I can still put the background on without taking the tanks off the cabinets. They are easier to slide (with much effort) than lift (even with 2 people), so I should be able to manage even if I do have to wait until the end of the week when I have some help.
I had measured the space, and thought the fit would be tighter than it is. There is enough space between the side of the tank and the wall for me to get my arm in and unplug the extension cable. So, more luck than judgement really.
As I can't set up my tanks tomorrow I will spend most of the day rearranging furniture to make the most of the limited space I have left in the room.
Updates and pics to follow as soon as I'm allowed to put water in the tanks.  ;D

As a side note, I admit to talking to my gang, but it was quite funny today when one of the delivery guys nudged the lid to one of the axolotl tanks (he didn't have much room in his defence) and immediately apologised to them. When he came back in after getting some more bits from the van I pointed to the axolotl (standing on his hind legs with his front feet up against the glass) and said he thought he was going to get fed when he heard the tank lid move. MA guy said "sorry to disappoint you little fella" to the axie. @fcmf  we are not the only ones who talk the aquatic housemates.  ;D

Offline ColinB

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2016, 07:36:20 AM »
Congrats, Donna - they look fantastic.

What are your plans for them - I'm sure you've said but it all gets lost in the general chat? I'd chuck the TV out, there'll be more than enough entertainment from your tanks. ;)

I'm with Andy on the background thing and would get it done before you do the water thing.

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2016, 08:28:34 AM »
The tank by the patio doors is to house all 6 axolotls (currently in the 2 x 200L tanks on the floor). They all matured into males, which was lucky, but I'll have to be careful introducing both groups to each other. I'll probably use a divider in the tank for a while, just to be on the safe side.
The tank on the right I plan to turn into a river tank, which will eventually (some time after Easter when the tank is more mature) house a group of reticulated hillstream loaches (sewelia lineolata) which I've liked for a long time. It will probably also contain things like bulldog plecs and perhaps some larger danios, anything that likes sub-tropical temperatures and a lots of water movement. I have a list, but haven't narrowed it down yet.  :)
If all axolotls get on well then the 2 x 200L tanks will then be used for other things, one planned for mudskippers, the other for upgrading my bristlenose plec and blue-eyed ancistrus to a more comfortable tank, and possibly get some rainbow fish or something quite calm & pretty to occupy the rest of the tank.
That currently leaves me with an empty 1.2M tank in the spare room (possibly African humphead cichlids & some compatible fish), plus whatever space I can free up now that I've emptied 2 of the large bookcases in that room.
I can't fill the tanks yet as the silicone is still curing, so I have a while to stick on the backgrounds (which I have here) and make sure I've got enough plants, substrate, decor, etc. Just need at least one of the gang to come over and help me to slide the cabinet/tank away from the wall so I can reach.  ;D
No time for Christmas, too much fish stuff to do!.  ;)

Offline fcmf

• [PicCredit: @NiloSinnatamby]
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2016, 07:20:51 PM »
I really look forward to hearing how the axolotls get on once introduced; do they know of the others' existence (ie are the existing two tanks visible to one another)?

Your plans for the other tanks sound exciting. Looking forward to details as the progress occurs and, of course, ultimately pictures once everything has settled down. :)

:fishy1:

Offline Matt

• @scapeeasy on Instagram
  • Global Moderator
  • www.scapeeasy.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2016, 07:53:17 PM »
I also have a soft spot for hillstream loaches, and have spent many an hour researching their needs and designing tanks for them... alas I don't think another tank is on the cards in my household...  :-\

At best I think I might be able to stretch to an unfiltered shrimp bowl, something else I've researched many a time before and also thought up many excuses to try and convince my wife as to why its a good idea!

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2016, 07:58:29 PM »
I got one background attached this evening, but may wait until I have some help to move the tank to do the other one.
Still need to push one end closer to the wall (or get someone else to do it), and put the top back on, then wait for the silicone to finish curing.
@fcmf  the axolotl tanks were next to eat other, but they haven't got great eyesight, so I don't know if they would know about each other. They respond to movement, so may have realised that something was moving at the end of the tank, but I guess that would probably be about it. I'm quite nervous about putting them together, but if it all goes horribly wrong I can put some back into one of the 200L tanks. At least they are all male, so no worry about babies. They are also all roughly the same size, so the worst that can happen is some tail nipping, rather than actual ingestion of tank mates.  :yikes:

I'm looking forward to working on the river tank as well. It is something that I've had in the back of my mind since I started getting interested in fish. I love the way that the hillstream loaches move and I find them fascinating.  :)

Offline MarquisMirage

• Super Subscriber!
  • Rocking Fishy Member
  • aka Mark
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2016, 09:42:30 PM »
Those Aqua Oak tanks look amazing.  :O  I had my eye on one of those (assuming it's the limited edition 'Doors' aquarium) with the sump but the salesman at MA told me they don't do a pipework kit and only do the weir in the middle.   I think their advice wasn't correct regarding the sump.  Pipework would have been easy enough to get elsewhere.

For a tropical tank without sump it would have been hands down one of those.  Where's the jealous emoticon? :))

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "Fish tank delivery day at the Littlefish household"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
102 Replies
Last post July 13, 2016, 02:04:47 PM
by Littlefish
59 Replies
Last post November 14, 2016, 09:07:12 PM
by Littlefish
21 Replies
Last post August 28, 2016, 10:50:43 AM
by Sue
5 Replies
Last post August 31, 2016, 08:25:00 AM
by Littlefish
14 Replies
Last post November 20, 2016, 08:51:54 PM
by Littlefish
37 Replies
Last post January 05, 2017, 08:01:05 AM
by fcmf
11 Replies
Last post February 17, 2022, 11:40:50 AM
by Robert

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: