Author Topic: Esha Exit  (Read 9820 times) 22 replies

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
Esha Exit
« on: June 08, 2016, 04:16:59 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Has anyone used eSHa Exit?

I have just received the bottle of eSHa Exit I bought on line and am annoyed to find the seal was broken and the contents had leaked into the packaging. And I'm not sure it is actually Exit.

The trouble is that I've used so many meds in the last couple of months that I can't remember which is which, and I threw my last bottle of exit away when it was empty.

Is Exit supposed to dark green? I thought it was brown.......  ???

Offline Skittler

• Rocking Fishy Member
  • Shrimpaholic
Re: Esha Exit
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 04:57:39 PM »
Hello Sue,

I have just opened my 15 months old (previously unopened) bottle of exit. It is dark green. The seal on the cap was quite difficult to break. The leaflet, dated 2010, says that it does treat Import Spot.

Skittler

Offline Sue

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 05:15:39 PM »
Thanks Skittler. So it seems to be the right colour. I think eSHa 2000 is brown, I might be confusing them.

The bottle has a ring around the neck with little plastic 'blips' pointing towards the cap. But the cap was not attached to this ring. In my opinion, the seal had been broken, and something described as new should have intact seals. I've emailed the seller to see what he says.

Offline fcmf

• [PicCredit: @NiloSinnatamby]
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 06:30:08 PM »
I think eSHa 2000 is brown, I might be confusing them.
You're correct - eSHa 2000 is indeed brown.

Offline Sue

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 07:21:53 PM »
I had a reply from the seller at lunchtime asking if I could send some photos of the leakage for the courier. The parcel consisted of an eSHa box with bottle of med and instruction leaflet inside a home made cardboard outer packaging. He got a photo of the outer layer (rescued from the dustbin) showing the green stain inside; a photo of the inside of the eSHa box, the instructions and the bottle, all covered in patches of green, and a close up of the bottle showing that the seal was broken. I have the impression he's going to try to put the blame on the courier, but if he handed the whole thing to the courier with the outer cardboard already there, I can't see how he can blame them.

Offline Fiona

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 09:37:08 PM »
I may be wrong but I think you have to be very careful sometimes, it doesn't take much to inject dyed water into a bottle. If the seal is clearly broken it may indicate some very bad and illegal practises.

Offline Sue

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2016, 09:42:48 PM »
That's what I hinted in my email.
The reply
These come directly from our wholesaler in Packaging. I simply box them up, we don't con people what so ever
Then he asked for a photo. Haven't heard back yet.

See what you think.

It was actually 2 bottles, one to use now and one to keep in stock  :)

Offline Paddyc

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2016, 10:02:55 PM »
Unacceptable. It's not unreasonable to expect the bottles to arrive still sealed. We as adults know the force required to break them.

Someone has tampered with those bottles. Nobody can prove otherwise. Full Refund or two brand new bottles from the seller.

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2016, 10:29:36 PM »
That is a shocking state. Any chemicals that are not sealed cannot be trusted.

Offline Skittler

• Rocking Fishy Member
  • Shrimpaholic
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2016, 07:24:54 AM »
Hello Sue,

The bottle of Exit which I have is different to your photos. It appears to be brown glass, and the cap has parallel sides and a flat top. As you know (my previous post), it was purchased some time ago. The label looks to be the same. Perhaps the change to a different bottle/cap/filling process has caused it to be over-tightened, and the seal has been broken. Did you copy Esha on the E-mail?

Skittler

Offline fcmf

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2016, 10:35:58 AM »
Here's a pic of my unopened bottle of eSHa Exit (expiry date 2020, bought from a LFS several months ago, with 4 seal attachments) plus my opened bottle of eSHa 2000 (used last year for the pygmy cories). Hope that helps.

Offline Sue

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2016, 11:34:10 AM »
Exit was the first med I used, I've also used WS3 and Protozin since I threw the bottle of Exit away. I've found an almost finished bottle of 2000 in the back of the cupboard and it is a glass one like fcmf's photo. I do remember that the Exit wasn't as easy to dispense; for 180 litres it took 36 drops for dose one and I could only get about 8 drops from one squeeze, so it must have been a plastic bottle. Those glass ones with rubber droppers are much easier.

I received the med on Wednesday (8th) and emailed the seller immediately. He replied on Thurs (9th) asking for photos and I sent the above ones back the same day. I'm going to start nagging him tomorrow, and threaten him with negative feedback if I don't get a satisfactory response. I don't know if Ebay would be interested as he did send something even if it had been opened.
I think they want to blame the courier as their reply was to ask for photos to show to the courier. But there is no way a courier could have opened the bottled then repacked the boxes in the outer wrapper.

Offline Fiona

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2016, 11:54:51 AM »
An extremely dodgy response from the ebay seller. Why would a courier want to meddle with the contents of the package they're delivering? I'm not sure what ebay admin would think about what this person has possibly done but it might be worth messaging them to report your concerns.

I'd appreciate knowing who it is Sue so I don't use them. A pm would probably be the best method.

Offline Richard W

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2016, 11:59:27 AM »
Most of my EBay purchases by PayPal involve delayed payment, PayPal doesn't charge my account until later. If this happened to me, I'd tell PayPal not to process the payment, and why, and leave them to sort it out. You do actually get quite a lot of protection buying on EBay.

Offline Sue

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2016, 12:08:06 PM »
Unfortunately, it appears the Paypal side of things is completed. I bought the med on 3 June, knowing it would take several days to arrive as the named courier is the same one my mother's clothes catalogue uses and they do take a while.
I have messaged the seller this morning, see if I get any response. If not I'll try Ebay.

Offline Fiona

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2016, 12:10:56 PM »
Most of my EBay purchases by PayPal involve delayed payment, PayPal doesn't charge my account until later. If this happened to me, I'd tell PayPal not to process the payment, and why, and leave them to sort it out. You do actually get quite a lot of protection buying on EBay.

I got a full refund via paypal when Seaside Aquatics failed to send me goods, respond to emails or answer the phone.

Offline fcmf

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2016, 12:40:02 PM »
It seems that you've received a "faulty good".  This http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/what-do-i-do-if-i-have-a-faulty-product might help as a "starter for ten".

Offline Fiona

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2016, 12:46:39 PM »
Ooooo nice find Fiona. Slap em with that Sue if you don't get any joy

Offline Sue

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2016, 12:47:12 PM »
I'll give the seller enough time to reply. What I do next will depend on whether he does reply and what he says.

Offline Sue

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2016, 02:50:58 PM »
Just received a message from the seller
Sorry for the late reply. I'm currently moving the shop and very busy, I will send you our new ones, I'm sure it's safe to use for the time being, maybe they have been crushed and broken the seals hard to say really, it's unexplained, but like I say I'll send you more out today

If they go out tomorrow (since today is Sunday) I should have them by the end of the week.

We'll see if they do turn up.

I don't know how he thinks being crushed would damage the seals. Besides, apart from the green stains the boxes were in perfect condition.

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "Esha Exit"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
41 Replies
Last post August 25, 2014, 05:03:03 PM
by Diz1
3 Replies
Last post November 24, 2014, 08:52:52 PM
by Sue
12 Replies
Last post December 08, 2015, 01:28:48 PM
by Sue
12 Replies
Last post June 18, 2017, 09:49:11 PM
by glitch74
181 Replies
Last post June 21, 2016, 12:42:29 PM
by Sue
26 Replies
Last post August 04, 2016, 10:45:02 AM
by Sue
81 Replies
Last post February 21, 2018, 08:33:22 PM
by Littlefish

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: