Don't You Just Hate.........

Author Topic: Don't you just hate.........  (Read 2735 times) 5 replies

Offline fishcake76

• Rocking Fishy Member
Don't you just hate.........
« on: December 29, 2014, 10:06:15 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
....visiting relatives with fish tanks and spotting 101 things wrong but not being able to say anything?

Hope you all had a good christmas and are gearing up nicely for the new year. My crimbo was nice but i've needed a couple of days in bed to recover a bit!!!!

We went for dinner at my husbands brother and his wife's house tonight. They have a 90 litre tank and a 130 litre tank. The 90 litre is a ciclid tank but has one enormous fish, at least twice the size of the others, which i think was an oscar and he was chasing the smaller ciclids horribly. They were all hiding and fin clamping and one of them only had one eye. He was much too big for that tank and a totally unsuitable companion for the ciclids and it made me so sad to see that all the fish were actually quite stressed and unhappy.

The 130 litre tank was slightly better on stock levels and tank mates being mostly made up of guppies and small tetras, danios and rasboras but they had three clown loaches covered in white spot, one who kept pretending to be dead (apparently they do this a lot??) And a penguin tetra with a horribly bent spine, albeit he was still swimming about.  I did ask how long they had had the loaches and they said not long, so i mentioned that it looked like they had white spot and that they should watch out that the rest of the tank didn't get it but was met with the response - " no it's not white spot, they are air bubbles stuck to the fish" .

Oh well, short of kidnapping all the fish, what else can one do???!!

My own fish are all hunky dory and i told them how lucky they were to live with someone who cares when we got home!!!!

FC76

Offline naughtymoose

• Super Fishy Member
Re: Don't you just hate.........
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 10:33:05 PM »
Hi FishCAke.

Yep, I'm learning to keep my mouth shut when I see other tanks!

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 11:40:39 AM »
The the care home where my mother is has a tank in the lounge. It's a Juwel vision (well it has a Juwel label and is a bow front). It doesn't look like 180 litres but that's the smallest they make in the vision range.
It has coarse blue and red gravel, very dim lighting, no decor whatsoever and it's occupants are 2 zebra danios and 1 cory which I think is a peppered.
When we were looking round they were thinking of changing the fish for a couple of fancy goldfish which would be easier for the visually impaired residents to see, but six months on and the danios and cory are still there.

Offline ColinB

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 10:11:46 AM »

....me too.

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Fiona

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 12:26:25 PM »

....me too.

ditto...also hard when you're in a shop and hear somebody wanting to buy 2 goldfish and a fish bowl or peeps that want to buy a tank and the fish to put in it on the same day. My son has his mumometre on when we go on fishy related trips and always heads me off at the pass  :)

Offline fishcake76

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 03:24:47 PM »
My son has his mumometre on when we go on fishy related trips and always heads me off at the pass

My husband does this to me!!!!

;D

Tags:

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: