« on: August 01, 2015, 07:35:50 AM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0

Offline Skittler

• Rocking Fishy Member
  • Shrimpaholic
Re: Aquariums are good for you
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 08:17:46 AM »
Good article! Definitely some truth in the "more fish = more relaxed". Ever since I eventually added shrimps to my shrimpery, I have been fascinated by the newcomers, and have to make sure that I don't neglect the 125L. I spend hours staring into the shrimpery watching the feeding behaviour ...... so much so that I want to go through the process again. This is MTS defined .........  and all this recent discussion on here about breeding dwarf cichlids is making me wonder where I could put a cichlid tank (again) ....... oh dear ...... aaaargh! ........it's back! Perhaps visiting a commercial aquarium is the antidote?

Skittler

Offline Extreme_One

• Super Hero Member
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
  • Call me Simon
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 09:41:02 AM »
Interesting article. I'm not surprised though.

Many dentists have an aquarium in their waiting room because it helps relax the patients/victims.

PS. I had to look up MTS, after scrolling through a long list realised it's Multi Tank Syndrome.  :wave:

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Tiger Barb (1) - Cardinal Tetra (17) - Otocinclus (1) - Agassiz's Dwarf Cichlid (2) - Ornamental Snails (50) - Assassin Snail (2) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Skittler

• Rocking Fishy Member
  • Shrimpaholic
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 10:36:24 AM »
Hello Simon.

That's a good point about the abbreviation ..... sorry! I too had the same problem about 6 months ago. I was wondering how on earth a Malaysian Trumpet Snail could be contagious!  :rotfl:

Perhaps a "sticky" list of popular abbreviations would be a good idea in the Beginners Section? I think I have seen one on another site, but can't remember where. I am thinking of terms like: pH, KH, CO2, NH3, mulm, clean up crew, soft water, livebearer, etc.

Skittler

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 11:44:50 AM »
I am a member of another fish forum which has a useful feature.
There is a list of abbreviations and when they are typed in a post there is a dotted line underneath and when you hover over it a small window comes up explaining the term. Those of you who know about computers will know the correct terms for this, I don't  :-\

I'm just about to start another thread about acronyms, feel free to add your own. When we get enough, I'll sticky the list.

Offline fcmf

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • [PicCredit: @NiloSinnatamby]
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 12:01:15 PM »
I like that article - definitely think it has a point, and aquariums are a good way to focus in on another world to take one's mind off everyday problems and/or health problems.  (Having said that, often I look into it and see situations uncannily similar to office politics!)

As for the other fish forum, I think that may well be the one I stumbled across the other night when doing a quick google search to see if there might be any chance that Tail-less Cory (who's doing well now) might ever grow back his tail.  I was looking at that forum on my phone, and I found it really annoying that I couldn't read the responses properly because the acronyms kept flashing up the meaning - so I'd be keen for Thinkfish not to go down that route. A separate thread on acronyms, and the list "stickied", sounds good though.

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "Aquariums are good for you"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
1 Replies
Last post October 21, 2014, 03:29:50 PM
by Resa
1 Replies
Last post February 20, 2015, 09:28:54 PM
by MikeAqua
3 Replies
Last post September 07, 2015, 11:05:18 PM
by fdm
5 Replies
Last post February 05, 2016, 12:40:44 PM
by Extreme_One
7 Replies
Last post March 17, 2016, 02:15:00 PM
by Sue
27 Replies
Last post March 16, 2016, 11:43:28 AM
by Fiona
5 Replies
Last post April 26, 2016, 09:42:27 AM
by Sue

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: