Author Topic: And so I shall name her Lucky  (Read 2431 times) 2 replies

Offline Extreme_One

• Super Hero Member
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
  • Call me Simon
And so I shall name her Lucky
« on: August 21, 2015, 05:29:54 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
So, I plan my livestock meticulously but as we all know losses are inevitable.

My Cardinal Tetras suffered last week where one ended up inside the filter, and died, (I will get an external one of these days) and for two days running I could only count 10 so I guessed that another of the shoal (of 12) must have died too. :(

I searched and searched, but couldn't find her anywhere. I was convinced she must have passed away and the Pigmy Corys or Assassin Snails must have devoured her corpse.

So, as you do, I bought another two Cardinal Tetras from the LFS, (whilst i was purchasing my Celestial Pearl Danios) and they've been in the quarantine tank for 5 days.

Last night I was looking at the main tank and I counted (I know, counting the fish is becoming a proper OCD now) 11 Cardinals. So I counted again, and again just to be sure.

So now it's 100% certain, I have 11 Cardinal Tetras in the main tank and 2 Cardinal Tetras in the quarantine tank.

That makes thirteen! 13! That's not right, not what I planned!?!  :rotfl:

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Tiger Barb (1) - Cardinal Tetra (17) - Otocinclus (1) - Agassiz's Dwarf Cichlid (2) - Ornamental Snails (50) - Assassin Snail (2) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline fcmf

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • [PicCredit: @NiloSinnatamby]
Re: And so I shall name her Lucky
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 07:15:52 PM »
Some of my pygmies have gone through phases of going missing, only to turn up later. I think I'd probably advise waiting about a week just to be certain that they aren't going to turn up somehow.

[Your tank is a dream tank - if only there were the space here for a bigger/second tank, I'd have CPDs and dwarf cichlids (or Bolivian rams) too... and maybe some danios... Oops, MTS signs... I must nip them in the bud!]

Offline Fiona

• Super Hero Member
Re: And so I shall name her Lucky
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 11:06:38 AM »
Ottos are very good at doing that too, for weeks we've only been able to count 4 but yesterday when we emptied the tank we found 6. Two of those were very small and obviously young, so we reckon those two were born in the tank and some of the oldest ones have died and disappeared (there's never been any ammonia in tests so I'm guessing they transported themselves out somehow  ::) )

One good thing though from fish moving yesterday, one of the big ottos looks suspicially rounded so I'm guessing it's carrying eggs.  :)

Tags:

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: